Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Question about the term Sannin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warbyrd13
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Question about the term Sannin. Reply with quote

The Sannins seem to be highly powerful and able to create thier own personal techniques. So wouldnt't a Sannin be more of a prestige class than a title?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sannin means Three (people). The term is Densetsu no Sannin, the Legendary Three. Densetsu no Sannin is as much a prestige class as "George W. Bush" or "Arnold Schwarzenegger" is.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Warbyrd13
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Thanks for the infomation. Reply with quote

I was just comparing the 3 charecters from the show and how they were converted into the game. I know they are epic level charecters with thier ablities and such but I was just figureing they were more into devolping special techiques and ablities that no other ninja seems to know or have the ablity to posses in the series.
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sannin is also (at least to my knowledge) a play on Sennin which is hermit in Japanese, considering how all have left their village and more or less, are hermits.
Archangel
Super Pervert
Super Pervert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they do develop their own techniques. They, especially Orochimaru, probably have several unique ones that have never been seen. The problem with that is, they don't use 'em in the show, so the literally haven't been seen.

-Jiraiya
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creating one's own techniques is just another way of becoming more powerful and improving one's skill. The Hokages were never part of the sannin but nevertheless had their own jutsu. Sannin is just a title of reverence, to be compared with...Archmage or something.
Archangel
Super Pervert
Super Pervert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, true, but someone's probably argue that Archmage is a prestiege class. SO, to beat them to the punch, archmage is also a term used to refer to any powerful wizard/sorceror, even if they don't have levels in the bloody class.

-Jiraiya
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: