Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

The Mibu Clan: Red Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CallosDeTerran
Hunter-Nin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: The Mibu Clan: Red Eyes Reply with quote

As many might be able to tell, this will be my first time posting on the forum part of this site. But I've been using the Naruto d20 rules on another forum site to run an actual game there and been having a blast with it.

Which draws me to my current question, the Mibu clan. This is, by far, my favorite clan in the Guide with the Red Eyes bloodline my favorite part of it, but it got me to thinking. Most (If not all, I'm not too sure) of the eye bloodlines (Sharingan, Byakuugan, etc.) have some sort of special jutsu to go with them. (Jyuuken, the genjutsu's of the Uchiha clan, etc.) Heck, the Mibu clan even has a special Hijutsu/Kinjutsu FOR the Sharingan, but they have known that use the power of their 'noble' caste of their clan. Not even a style of fighting or anything.

I know what some of you might be thinking, the various techniques of Ultimate Destruction could count as that, but non of those require any sort of blood-line. They simply are. And are kinda hard to learn.

So my questions are these...

Have there ever been any jutsus developed around the Red Eyes bloodline?

Could the strength bonus it gives be replaced with however many strength ranks it would take to mimic the strength related bonuses? (Not the speed ones and whatnot)

Why is there such a low chance of gaining the True Red Eyes? And an addendum to this question, if, somehow, you do get that one percent and gain True Red Eyes (And the permanete Red Eyes) does it cost you the Chakra to maintain the all-time Red Eyes? The rules are a bit cloudy in that area, because if you have to pay the chakra cost for Red Eyes all the time then thats one big downside to an LA +2 bloodline...or even when it gets bumped up higher because of True Red Eyes.

What was the inspiration for the techniques of Ultimate Destruction? (This I'm asking because I like'm a whole lot and wouldn't mind making the earth part of that school. Or an epic technique for the 'center' of the compass) At first it looks like that one anime with...ah damn...what was it called...Hades was like police department instead of damnation plane. Had a gay doctor who was really twisted and a brown haired guy with purple eyes.

Would Orochimaru be a Mibu? He seems to fit the bill of human experitmentation being done by them.

This part is unrelated but I heard talk of a Character Generator, can I get a link to that please?

And has there been any thought about Kimmimaro's kekkei-genkai (The bone-guy, cause I know I spelled his name wrong.)
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to pay chakra to maintain the true red eyes, of course. As for the low-chance, it's because so very few Mibu have ever obtained the Red Eyes, much less the True Red Eyes. The Muryou Saikyou Ryuu, as well as the Mibu Clan, is part of the manga Samurai Deeper Kyo (the anime blows, don't watch it).

The style itself is a mix between the Muryou Saikyou Ryuu, which is the character Shinmei's style, and the Mumyou Jinpuu Ryuu Satsujin Ken style, which is the main character's Kyo (who is insanely awesome beyond anything I could say that might do him justice). Mumyou Jinpuu Ryuu Satsujin Ken roughly means Dark Wind of God Style - Killing Sword.

No, Orochimaru definitely wouldn't be a Mibu. He might be vain like them, and at first I thought he might have qualified, but he obviously has a thing for young boys. And he's downright creepy.

No. Definitely not.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
CallosDeTerran
Hunter-Nin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:
You don't have to pay chakra to maintain the true red eyes, of course. As for the low-chance, it's because so very few Mibu have ever obtained the Red Eyes, much less the True Red Eyes. The Muryou Saikyou Ryuu, as well as the Mibu Clan, is part of the manga Samurai Deeper Kyo (the anime blows, don't watch it).

Well I'll be sure to check this out on Wikipedia in the morning when I'm awake to get a better understanding of were their coming from. And, this be a humble suggestion, that if so few people ever even obtain Red Eyes, (Its still at level 8 right?) and such a low chance of getting True Red Eyes, perhaps a slight lowering of LA might make it more useful. Not by much. Heck, even by +1 would make a big difference.

Quote:
The style itself is a mix between the Muryou Saikyou Ryuu, which is the character Shinmei's style, and the Mumyou Jinpuu Ryuu Satsujin Ken style, which is the main character's Kyo (who is insanely awesome beyond anything I could say that might do him justice). Mumyou Jinpuu Ryuu Satsujin Ken roughly means Dark Wind of God Style - Killing Sword.

Ah, I think I may have heard of this...Kyo before and it has always been in glowing terms, though it was from fan girls...so yeah I just kinda wrote him off till now. Maybe I need to revise that opinion. And this might be a real big request for someone who just came unto the Forum but perhaps Mumyou Jinpuu Ryuu Satsujin Ken could be an addition in the next update of the Naruto d20 Guide. It definitly sounds like it fits the bill of what I was thinking off....not to mention it just sounds so friggin cool! I mean...just look at the name! Dark Wind of God Style - Killing Sword? It doesn't get any better then that! Even if it doesn't get into the d20 maybe I can make a stab (with Frankto's approval, since he probably knows it better then I do) at it, if he doesn't wanna do it himself.

Quote:
No, Orochimaru definitely wouldn't be a Mibu. He might be vain like them, and at first I thought he might have qualified, but he obviously has a thing for young boys. And he's downright creepy.

No. Definitely not.

Oh thank god. I was worried I'd have to stop liking the Mibu clan. And yes, that friggin uber-ninja is very creepy...and pedophiliac...I wonder if to much contact with him spreads a disease that makes you real pale and pedophiliac....Hmmm..
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably. Look what happened to Kimimaro. Poor bastard.

The sheer amount of fangirls, yaoi, and yaoi fangirls in the fandom of Kyo is staggering. It's about 95% of it, far worse than Naruto could ever hope to be. Meaning all fanfics (and I'm not kidding) are either romance, yaoi, or yaoi/romance.

As for the Mumyou, I dunno. Three of its techniques are already there (Suzaku, Byakko and Seiryuu) in the Muryou Saikyou, and a few others are scattered about. But who knows? It's a maybe.

As for the red eyes, I'll look them over later. It was late when I did them, and I don't exactly have a playtester(s), so...

Felix_Zyphros
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, now you've got me thinking Orochimaru as Micheal Jackson..... Confused
CallosDeTerran
Hunter-Nin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix_Zyphros wrote:
Great, now you've got me thinking Orochimaru as Micheal Jackson..... Confused

Is it really all that much of a stretch? Seriously, the guy makes a living giving other ninja's atomic ninja hickeys.

Any way, thanks for the notice Frankto. And in danger of sounding like an annoyingly persistent bastard, you said that a couple of the Mumyou techs were already made (Aside from Seiryuu, Suzuka, and Byakoo.), you think I could get the names of them to go lookin' them up?
Naruto d20 Store
Tetsunamaru
Jounin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the fanfics far more creepy than the series. to quote the description of one "Where Sasuke is curious and Naruto is willing."

Seriously, whats up with that stuff?
Cried "Stay!" for me in the empty square.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cripes Tetsu, DON'T say that. That's... ew.

Those are the names:
Muryou Saikyou Ryu Tsui no Hiken - Byakko
Muryou Saikyou Ryu Tsui no Hiken - Seiryuu
Muryou Saikyou Ryu Tsui no Hiken - Suzaku

ANd eventually of the Earth style:
Muryou Saikyou Ryu Tsui no Hiken - Genbu

Nice one, Fredto Wink

CallosDeTerran
Hunter-Nin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait...yeah...I know about those ones. I was talking about the other ones that you said were scattered about. Are you talking about just the other Muryou Saikyou Ryu techniques? The ones scattered around I mean.

And I did read up on Samurai Deeper, and I must admit that it has in fact piqued my interest. And also raised a couple of ideas for Mumyou/Muryou techniques.

1. For Genbu, perhaps focusing more on the defensive then the offensive for this technique since no Muryou technique offers any defense. Perhaps increasing the DC by so much to use it as a sort of counter attack. Or perform it and if someone attacks you sometime during the duration, Genbu opens up on them. Don't know how to handle the defense part but the offensive sounds like the Hidden Snake Hands technique over a duration rather then just for one round. Or maybe just more/bigger snakes would fit the bill.

2. Mizuchi, may be wrong but it seems to me that any number of Fuuton techniques could be used to replicate this technique.

3. A mixture of the fuuton and suiton schools that you pretty much use 2+ rounds to do it. Something along the lines of holding the opponent immobile and negating the Reflex save they'd normally get for the following Seiryu attack with some extra wind damage thrown in as well.

4. Shishin Douji Hatsudou...I have no idea how one would replicate this as a technique. I'd defintly say it'd be an epic technique since all four of the Gods/Guardians are attacking at once and theoretically having the same effect as their normal techniques. I got nuthin'. Really...other then it'd hurt.

5. Kouryu/Konjiki Also got nothing since I don't know what happens when its used. I'd assume some kind of singular attack but could also be the celestial dragon hangin' around for a little bit to chew on the opposition.

6. Don't have a name for this one, nor actual game effects but it seems to me that demonic energy is part of the Mibu's calling card. Perhaps a stance/semi permanete technique that converts all of the user's chakra into a demonic type. One effect would be the use of techniques like the one Youton that hurt you more if your energy isn't from a demonic source. Perhaps taking away some of the stamina damage from the Muryou techniques, though this stance would require the Red Eye's Blood Line. Maybe some other kind of effect. I dunno.

Anywho, those are all of the suggestions I can come up with at the moment but their'll probably be more later. Lemme know what you think Frankto and others.

Oh, and despite my sig, I don't hate you Frankto. Very Happy Just need to get around to making an acceptable Dancing Akatsuki sig.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Why Dancing Akatsuki, anyway? Wait, no. I don't wanna know ;p

As for Kyo's techniques, I already know what they all do, since I've already read all the manga (thanks to you, "nee-chan", hehe...)

Mizuchi actually focuses on the moisture in the air. And Shishin Douji Hatsudo is prettu much the four succession techniques (Genbu, Byakko, Seiryuu and Suzaku) coming from the four cardinal points so it's nearly impossible to escape. And Kouryuu follows the technique, as a golden dragon falling from the sky.

I also think "Dragon Strike" is a dreadful name for Mizuchi.

Blaqueluv1025
Genin

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Kabuto may have Red Eyes. Remember when his "condition" almost surfaced which is why he dropped out of the exams (besides being part of the plan to take over the village). He also has a thing for brutal medical experiments.
Cujo
Chuunin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one in Naruto has red eyes. As already mentioned its from Samurai Deeper Kyo, and has nothing to do with Naruto.

P.S. Stop the Grave-Digging
Blaqueluv1025
Genin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only been a month, I just joined the forums today. Gimmie a break.
CallosDeTerran
Hunter-Nin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cujo wrote:
No one in Naruto has red eyes. As already mentioned its from Samurai Deeper Kyo, and has nothing to do with Naruto.

P.S. Stop the Grave-Digging

>.> Didn't really think my thread had died since it was still on the first page and what not. May be mistaken about that.
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaqueluv1025 wrote:
It's only been a month, I just joined the forums today. Gimmie a break.

It's been 3 years. And also, the clan gets red pupils, not bloodshot eyes. It still hasn't even been explained why he gets bloodshot eyes. And it's not an actual Naruto bloodline anyway.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only going to say this here, because I see it everywhere.

Yeah, "grave digging" sucks sometimes. But stop being so freakin' uptight about it and get off your high horses.

If it becomes a problem, I'll do something about it, got it? Until then, RELAX, it's pissing me off.

Goes for everyone. Geez...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: