Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

ermmm hi, what do you think of this epic class i developed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Epics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiei_Ryuuga
Chuunin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: ermmm hi, what do you think of this epic class i developed? Reply with quote

THE SHINOBI THREAT ERADICATOR

Action Points
The Shinobi Threat Eradicator gains a number of action points equal to 7 + one-half his
character level, rounded down, everytime he attains a new level in this class.
Class Skills
The Shinobi Threat Eradicator's class skills are as follows.
Balance (Dex), Chakra Control (Wis), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Disable Device
(Int), Drive (Dex), Escape Artist (Dex), Genjutsu (Cha), Hide (Dex), Investigate
(Wis), Jump (Str), Knowledge (current events, ninja lore, popular culture, streetwise,
tactics) (Int), Listen (Wis), Ninjutsu (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Read Language (None),
Pilot (Dex), Speak Language (None), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Taijutsu
(Str), Tumble (Dex).
Skill Points at Each Level: 7 + Int modifier.
The Shinobi Threat Eradicator

1st Technique Savant, Threat Sense
2nd Epic Plan, Epic dodge
3rd Legendary Tracker, Tenketsu kill
4th Bonus Feat
5th Epic Technique Counter
Class Features

The following features pertain to The Shinobi Threat Eradicator prestige class.

Technique Savant
The Shinobi Threat Eradicator's technique knowledge of techniques is so developed that he Instastly can identify any technique by focusing in subtle details that many never notice. When being the target of a technique, The Shinobi Threat Eradicator adds a +2 knowledge bonus per his levels in this class to identify it, he may roll an Knowledge Ninja Lore check modified by his Shinobi Threat Eradicator levels, with a DC equal to 10 + the technique's Rank.

Threat Sense
The Shinobi Threat Eradicator, after coutless battles against the elite of the ninja world has developed a sense of danger that borders paranoia. He gains a +4 bonus to search and spot checks to detect hidden enemies and traps, and a +4
bonus to saves and Defense to avoid being hit or being cought by any technique in a surprise attack. Also if ?he comes within 15 feet of a trap or hidden enemmy he is entitled to make a check

Epic Plan
The Shinobi Threat Eradicator 's thinking ability are improved by his vast
experience of the field, allowing him to make quick and efficient planning to help he and his companions when is time to overcome any obstacle that might be in his way. If the character did not possess the Epic Plan Smart Hero talent, he obtain it even if he does not meet the prerrequisites

Epic Dodge
At this time in his life The Shinobi Threat Eradicator has been through hell and beyond, so his abilities to avoid being hit have escalated dramaticly, The Shinobi Threat Eradicator gains the epic dodge feat even if he does not meet the prerrequisites

Legendary Tracker
The Shinobi Threat Eradicator is adept at hunting down and eliminating a
foe. He may track at his normal speed and at twice his normal speed without taking a penalty to his Survival checks

Tenketsu Kill
One of the terrifying ability if The Shinobi Threat Eradicator is his ability to stop one's vital functions by targeting some key tenketsu in one's body. The Shinobi Threat Eradicator may, at the expenses of an action point, make a ranged or melee attack that will Kill the opponent (-1 hp). The target
must succeed a Fortitude save (DC 10 + Shinobi Threat Eradicator Level + Intelligence modifier) in order to avoid the kill efect.

Epic Technique Counter
The Shinobi Threat Eradicator`s knowledge of the ninja`s way is unmatched, this level of understanding is well beyond any other living creature, at this level the The Shinobi Threat Eradicator`s has adquirid such a knowledge of techniques that has gained a basic understanding of how every technique Works, preparing his mind and body to counter them al leven if he has never seen the technique befote, hoever if he where able to idenfify the technique or already knows it it is allmost imposible that it will harm The Shinobi Threat Eradicator. You gain a permanet +5 knowledge bonus to saves when being target of a technique, but if you identify the technique or if you have seen it before the bonus is doubled
Naruto d20 Store
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil EXTERMINATE! Twisted Evil

Rolling Eyes

It doesn't have the flavor of an epic class.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Hiei_Ryuuga
Chuunin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestions/changes?
IntOblivion
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... The Tenketsu kill is certainly epic enough for me!
DLDarkFire
Chuunin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems very thrown together, as if you took all the abilities you liked and put them in one class for conveniece. I'm sorry but I have no idea what this class would be supposed to do or who would take it. It's just abilities smashed together.

When running a game, I prefer the title "Game Ordinace Director."
Hiei_Ryuuga
Chuunin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeee actually is like an evolved or enhanced version of the Ninja operations Counter, lets see:

Technique Counter, Trap Sense = Technique savant, threat sense
Plan X = Epic plan
Swift Tracker, Tenketsu Freeze = Legendary tracker, Tenketsu kill
Bonus Feat = bonus feat
Greater Technique Counter, Evasion X =Epic technique counter, epic dodge

So... it does makes sense ??
petak
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh.. i see, it does make sense
Archangel
Super Pervert
Super Pervert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes sense. But I agree with Frankto. Can't put my finger on it, but it's still not exactly epic. Also, the name is somewhat to be desired.

-Jiraiya
Hiei_Ryuuga
Chuunin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so its not excatly epic, what does it need then?
Blade55440
Jounin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiei_Ryuuga wrote:
so its not excatly epic, what does it need then?

I realize that my opinion on this is going to suck, but I hope the train of thought I'm currently on will make sense to other people.

Epic classes are supposed to either: a) give you the kind of "game breaking power" (if you compare it to standard non-epic campaigns) that people dream about.

or

b) augment an existing class to the point that their power levels spike when they go epic with it. Something like in the instance of D&D and going epic <base>. One example being epic sorceror. You get epic spell slots to use. Which can either: a) be an extremely powerful pre-made spell, or b) be a "spell seed" that you can augment from there and form it into something that you are wanting.

Essentially you want to try and make a class and go: "If I compare this to a regular base class (even some prestige classes), is this game breaking power?"

You want to take the power scale up considerably for epic anything.

So to boil it down, you want to cross the line of "game breaking", then back up just a few nanometers.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason it isn't a viable class in my mind? Every round, you have a 5% or higher chance of killing your enemy in one blow. With a bow and arrow, too.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering it's epic though, Franto, you have made plenty of non epic techniques that's effects are similar. There's one of the spear techniques and I know theirs a genjutsu that does it by giving the 'visage of death' or something like that.
Hiei_Ryuuga
Chuunin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kp91 is right, and there is no action point spend in those thecniques, so its actually not that "epic" if you ask me, i was thinking the class wasnt powerful enough and now its like its overpowered Confused
Archangel
Super Pervert
Super Pervert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you said it was basically an extension of Ninja Operations Counter, so you should say that you need to max out that class first, as well as be 21st level or higher, before you take levels in this class. I mean, at epic levels, it's basically pass or fail, save or die. It'd make more sense if the classes more powerful abilities require the expenditure of action points. Also, PCs having that class means enemies can, too. And would in my games.

-Jiraiya
Hiei_Ryuuga
Chuunin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i never though of any prerrequisites, those could be ok, max nin op and be at least at lvl 21.
ekjohnson98
Chuunin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk if this is me... but i dont really see this as a viable class because it is kind of a mish-mash of all the coolest abilites one can find/imagine... why would i be an epic smart hero when i can be a god-ninja.... you said it was kind of an extension of the nin-op, but to me it doenst fit that bill... the abilites are not balanced w/ other epic classes and w/o difficult requirements and extending the nin-op to 10 levels, this class shouldnt really exist... dont mean to be rude btw
petak
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're exaggerating.....its not unbalanced just maybe just some lack of fantasy... no offense meant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Epics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: