Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Gumoshin and Zanbatou...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
It'sAmosTrask
Genin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Gumoshin and Zanbatou...? Reply with quote

Could a four or six limbed Gumoshin character dual-wield (or possibly even tri-wield for the 6er) Zanbatou?

And would a 6-limber be able to dual-wield gargantuan zanbatou by holding them three limbs at a time?
Naruto d20 Store
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly and no. d20M has absolutely nothing on multi-armed creatures, I'd have to dig it up and I'm not too motivated to do that right now.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Tetsunamaru
Jounin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only experience I have with multi-limbed creatures was a four armed character in an apocalypse campaign. As far as I remember the extra arms did offer extra "off hand" attacks.

I looked up the mutation that offers extra arms in d20 future and it mentions nothing of holding extra weapons but, presumably it is possible since it does mention the extra "off hands".

Without the two weapon fighting feat you are still looking at a -6/-10 to attacks, -4/-4with it. Then you need monkey grip to remove the -4.

I think by game stats it would be possible but, thinking about in normally even with two arms on each side it woul be nearly impossible to wield them right. Since you cant hold it right with two right (or left) hands you would have one sword in the way of the other. So, it probably shouldn't be possible but, you never know what ninja can do sometimes.

Hope that made some sence. I will do some further digging into my many books if I get the chance.
Cried "Stay!" for me in the empty square.
Blade55440
Jounin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually they made feats for people who want to wield weapons past two weapon fighting (for people with multiple limbs past 2)

They called it multi weapon fighting. It's essentially the same as two weapon, but for additional limbs.
Mossda912
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats like multiattck from the monster manual yes?
Archangel
Super Pervert
Super Pervert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the multiattack feat from the monster manual is two-weapon fighting, only for natural weapons, like bites, claws and tail-whips. This would be a feat for someone with four or six arms and using weapons in them, like a Mirilith.

-Jiraiya
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archangel wrote:
No, the multiattack feat from the monster manual is two-weapon fighting, only for natural weapons, like bites, claws and tail-whips. This would be a feat for someone with four or six arms and using weapons in them, like a Mirilith.

Look at the feat below it.
Quote:

MultiWeapon Fighting
PRE: Dex 13, 3+ Hands
BEN: Penalties on Primary hand reduced by 2, and reduced by 6 on all off hands
NORM: Without this, you take -6 Penalty with Primary Hand and -10 on all other hands (all off hands)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: