Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Chakra strings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solidus
Reverse Doctor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Chakra strings Reply with quote

Okay I do not know if this is possible but would it be possible to use the chakra strings like Walter from hellsing, if you do not know what I am talking about here is an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FuksK8KAms&mode=related&search=

I did not make that video I just found it, it best shows his ability...

any rule ideas would be helpful
Naruto d20 Store
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walters would be maybe special kousen, like the 'father' and 'mother' puppet uses together
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kousen Ryu stance works quite well, but use it as a special Kousen (Mastercrafted +5 to damage), or +3 to damage and deals damage as if it were two size categories larger (1d8 instead of 1d4).
hastur
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keldon is partially correct - namely in the fact that Kousen Ryu was meant to imitate Walter from Hellsing (Frankto pretty much admitted it when we talked recently). But as for the mastercrafting and size increase... well, mastercrafting is an GM's decision, but size increase wouldn't work, as kousen isn't a weapon as such but instead it's the technique that deals damage.

But then the damage diece isn't what deals damage - it's the fact that unless the opponent invested in spot or has byakugan/sharingan you will be dealing sneak attack with every attack. And trust me it can be deadly - I myself had an "Walter-like" build on my personal pitfights arena, and one of the better munchkins we had there admitted he feared to fight him - and that was before Frankto released Shade :3

[EDIT] Walter owns so much more in OVA ^^
One in - turn an enemy's hate.
------------------------------------------------
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. And I'll have to look over Kousen Ryuu. It just kicks too much ass right now.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
hastur
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:
Agreed. And I'll have to look over Kousen Ryuu. It just kicks too much ass right now.

Not really if you consider that:
a)You won't get it sooner than level 7 (very specific build to make it good, low chances to have genius nin)
b)Anyone that puts ranks in spot is perfectly safe against you - to get good Sneak Attack you have to settle on medium base attack bonus or even lower
One in - turn an enemy's hate.
------------------------------------------------
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, Hastur. And you also must use it two handed, and can't add strength bonus to damage. So, high strength scores are useless for this technique.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say that to my Fast 5/Ninja Scout 10/Shade 5 who deals 1d4+3+7d6 on every hit or so. -_-'

No, it was reworked.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's much, of course, (Average of 27, or 30 with those 3 points that i don't know where they could come from).

But for example, a Zanbatou user on 20th level could deal even more, with same reach (I'm considering a full minmaxer build, since a +7d6 sneak attack build to use Kousen Ryu would also qualify as a minmaxer build on this case) : 2d12+3(Melee Smash)+12(1.5 Strength with 3 strength ranks)+3 mastercraft = 31. Not counting the possibility to use improved power attack and such. Without spending chakra and with no chance to avoid (As the Sneak Attack would). Not counting possible Kenjutsus (Even if there aren't too many kenjutsus for weapons of that size). And Kousen (As far as i know can't hold weapon seals).

Anyway, there is no point on saying that, since you've already changed it and disagreed with us. And i can see your point. But instead of removing the sneak attack bonus, perhaps applying it only to the first attack each round, or halving the sneak attack damage bonus could be a solution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: