Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Summon Forest?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solidus
Reverse Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Summon Forest? Reply with quote

Okay an Idea for summoning, summon a forest that benefits the summoner, i.e free movement through it, less penalties etc....why a forests? well I thought it woul be cool for summon to be able to summon a forest that provides defence and a cool battleground (Imagine a Bamboo forest where each bamboo is marked with a magical marking, and when fighting in the woods it can benefit the summoner (if it chooses too) and create problems for the enemy....

this would also create a pretty coll instant battleground. plues there are plenty of myths about enchanted or haunted forests etc etc....so it could work.
you could also say that the only way the forest gets bigger is if a person dies in it, creating some more trees or whatever is used on where the person was slain..

or you could make it so that it was summon a type of location water (lake) earth (a mountain or boulders) etc...

here is some links for ideas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aokigahara

Sanjay Van = Sanjay Van is a huge forest area spread over around 10 kms. There is a cremation ground also there, many people have allegedly reported having seen a lady dressed in a white saree appearing and disappearing suddenly

http://www.leaf-international.org/Leaf/myths.html
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it wouldn't really be a summoning technique...because they require blood pacts. Summonings are only sentient creatures.

And I sort of think that summoning whatever kind of 'battleground' is way beyond the scope of your every day ninja. It'd be epic, and quite epic, at that.
Solidus
Reverse Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athildur wrote:
Well, it wouldn't really be a summoning technique...because they require blood pacts. Summonings are only sentient creatures.

And I sort of think that summoning whatever kind of 'battleground' is way beyond the scope of your every day ninja. It'd be epic, and quite epic, at that.

well unless you say that each tree summoned has a spirit or the forest itself is a spirit......again it can be done, and it doesnt have to be epic either

summoning 10 trees, 15, etc a gradual growth.....and since they dont have any direct physical attacks it can just be a defensive summon

there already is a warriors soul summoned so a haunted set of trees can be made.
hastur
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athildur wrote:

Riiight... then what about Kirikiri Mai (no pact), Edo Tensei (no pact, sentience doubtfull) or Akihigi (no pact, definetly not sentient)? there are more probably but I'm too lazy Razz

But even without summoning this could be done as some mokuton variant Wink
One in - turn an enemy's hate.
------------------------------------------------
petak
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also the technique to summon something out of a scroll( cant remember its name) thats also a summoning technique
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except those items have been sealed into a scroll beforehand. (Kankin Kaihou I believe)
Hitsen
Kage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when Orochimaru revived the first and the second, the first turned the entire rooftop into a forest using that one jutsu. (Don't know it's name)

I kind of agree that it would be a cool jutsu... or even better... a Plant Bloodline! ......ideas are forming... IDEAS ARE FORMING PEOPLE, GET OUT OF THE WAY! Razz
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mokuton was an ability only the first had. As no other ninja can create life with chakra (and Yamato), which the first could. A mountain and sea is A LOT of stuff to make with a technique. The most water someone can summon with the larger version of confinement seal is something close to 300 lbs, not an entire sea. And while one could manipulate land, maybe make a hill if in epic levels, a mountain is out of the question.
Archangel
Super Pervert
Super Pervert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Yamato is his clone, so he can do it, too.

-Jiraiya
DotonLizard
Banned or Something Like It

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the words of a hippy, Plants have feelings too!
Solidus
Reverse Doctor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kp91 wrote:
Mokuton was an ability only the first had. As no other ninja can create life with chakra (and Yamato), which the first could. A mountain and sea is A LOT of stuff to make with a technique. The most water someone can summon with the larger version of confinement seal is something close to 300 lbs, not an entire sea. And while one could manipulate land, maybe make a hill if in epic levels, a mountain is out of the question.

this can easily be balaned if one has "rapid plant growth" technique....basically you will carry around a bag full of seeds (magically created using the finest herbs)- throws them on the ground - then uses a chakra technique to make the seeds grow really fast
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd still need to be able to perform Mokuton, which as stated, only the 1st could use. You'd also need to be from Kusagakure, which the 1st isn't, meaning he can't use it either.
zolniena
Derp
Derp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree this jutsu should be toned down a bit. but i really like the idea. summoning trees is not so implausable as u make it sound. theres jutsu where u can make a forest of trees out of snow. so why cant u just summon the same sized forest? or an equal sized water or hills and the like?

also, in the game world, anyone w/their first and second element types being suiton and doton are allowed to take mokuton as their third

although im not seeing this jutsu being mokuton at all, seeing as though it can also summon water
DotonLizard
Banned or Something Like It

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you resurrect this? Are we not civilzed people?
zolniena
Derp
Derp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me? ressurect? i dont know the forum ressurection jutsu. must've been someone else. but yes, it was me... ^_^

i was merely stating i thought it to be a cool jutsu. and i am a very forgiving GM. i'll mention this technique to my players. maybe the uchiha will bite at it. it appears to not be a jutsu for everyone. so yea, typing is fun
Ryuugan
Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides, even if the manga says that only one person could use the Mokuton, thats the mangaverse, as a DM your free to allow your players things that would otherwise be inaccessable, because of world issues.

Its your world, your free to create what you desire and you shouldnt limit what your players can do, just because the manga has restricteds based on extinction or rarity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: