Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Immortal + Cursed Seals = : )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Epics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puddingwraith
Derp
Derp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Immortal + Cursed Seals = : ) Reply with quote

Been a while since this was posted in.

Ok, the immortal template makes it so ability scores don't get damaged.
So, level 2 cursed seal has no drawback.

Get 6 arms so you get 4 extra seal slots, then put a cursed seal on every seal slot you have and take them all to level 2. That gives you a level 20 cursed seal with max speed ranks, max strength ranks, and hundreds of extra chakra and you can keep it activated permanently, too.

"Nothing less from the Koronbankage."
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea. But:

Quote:
Get 6 arms so you get 4 extra seal slots, then put a cursed seal on every seal slot you have and take them all to level 2. That gives you a level 20 cursed seal with max speed ranks, max strength ranks, and hundreds of extra chakra and you can keep it activated permanently, too.

You don't get extra slots for extra limbs, unless i am mistaken. And you can't have two cursed seals, as you can't have two satetsu, two bijuu, etc. So, you can have "only" +2 speed and strength ranks.

And there isn't an immortal template (Only a subtype), which means that player characters are not allowed to have it. Until Frankto makes the template who grants the immortal subtype, of course.
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which probably won't happen as unkillable PC = LA +∞
Atsuhiro Uchiha
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many seal slots are on the average player, I was wondering this for a character who seals.
Fast Hero/Undying Shinobi/Elite Shinobi Swordsman
Genjutsu/Ninjutsu Master, Taijutsu Adept
Mangekyou User, Intuitive Fighter, Friend To Hyuuga's
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atsuhiro Uchiha wrote:
How many seal slots are on the average player, I was wondering this for a character who seals.

It's listed somewhere. I want to say 7, but I'm probably wrong, so double check.
puddingwraith
Derp
Derp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it said six, but where they each are and why ...?

Can't a seal be put anywhere like a tatoo, guess not.

Well, We've seen them side of neck, forearm, navel, forehead ... ?

Or maybe more than 6 or 7 just screws up chakra.

Ok, but those twins that were in each other, both had cursed seals 2 activated when together, so with that bloodline the str ranks from the 2 seals would stack, and maybe the speed also, which makes it pretty pathetic that those guys got beaten so easily, should have stayed together.

Immortal isn't overpowered becuase once the character is taken down you just dice and bury. It would only be overpowered if used so that powerful things can be used without drawbacks, like gates and cursed seals. And since the body can adapt fine to the cursed seals, someone could most likely make more powerful ones, like cursed seal 3, at least.

Also there is that technique that combines dead bodies or something like those 3 guys in Rice, and if a bunch were combined and had cursed seals it would be a powerful monster.

And then what about putting cursed seals on summoned creatures like Manda and then joint tranforming with them, you could stack some seals that way maybe.
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the case of curse seals and combining bodies, they would overlap, not stack. Any DM worth their salt would call it that way. Now, LA and such.... well, possibly a different story. Anyways, there's my two bits in one brief glimpse at these forums in months.
JayToTheMe
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're on the subject of Curse Seals...the con damage is applied when the seal is deactivated, but there's no upkeep cost, no time limit, and no saves required while it's active; is it just me, or can you keep the damn thing on 24/7? Logically speaking, it would deactivate while you're sleeping or unconcious, but I can't find any rule that says so.
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmkawasaki wrote:
In the case of curse seals and combining bodies, they would overlap, not stack. Any DM worth their salt would call it that way. Now, LA and such.... well, possibly a different story. Anyways, there's my two bits in one brief glimpse at these forums in months.

Nice to see you again.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
puddingwraith
Derp
Derp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that even if you could physically keep it on forever, like with immortal, the mind could still go unless some other measure was taken, like a wisdom seal that grabs loads of sutras and seals them on your head.

speaking of which, that would be a nice jutsu to have, could use with kaigan and other techniques, with wisdom for defense or offense, feats that use wisdom, etc.
+4 wisdom >bonus<, prot from possession, some "mind blank" effects, and monk wisdom to defense.
ah this isn't the your own stuff area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Epics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: