Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Portfolio of Prestige: Volume III at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Shinobi+Summon=Collaboration Jutsu!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mizuno Kaitsu
Kage

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Shinobi+Summon=Collaboration Jutsu! Reply with quote

So, of course, after watching through the Shippuden fillers while in the process of writing up a new campaign, I've decided that I would like to add a system in for Collaboration Jutsu.

Honestly, I have no real idea how to balance it, though. I was almost thinking that because of the 'timing' that was stressed, you would probably train for particular techniques with sires/broodlords? Then have the chakra cost split between the summoner and the summon(s)?

Any ideas on this would be helpful.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have tons of collaboration jutsu in my group, they are basically handled like any other jutsu except you split the chakra cost and handle the appropriate effects as needed.

But what's stressed the most is same initiative or holding actions; meaning that they both use their turn regardless of where they previously stood in terms of initiative.

Sengoku System
Me: the hizoku attacks you with his yari, your actions?

Max: I evade with a 13 and counter attack with a 1,000... *pause for silence*
Mizuno Kaitsu
Kage

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you follow any rules as far as elemental combination? Like, if a wind and fire type are mixed - do you add any bonus damage, or do you just leave all that to the technique description?

NECRO_POE
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my group we simply have it that both the charecter and the summons act on same initiative, must be w/i 5 feet and then they both use a jutsu simultaniously(there are limits however, pretty much though it just has to make sense like using a fire jutsu combined w/ a toad spitting oil. or using lightning/fire in conjunction with a spiders web.
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizuno Kaitsu wrote:
Do you follow any rules as far as elemental combination? Like, if a wind and fire type are mixed - do you add any bonus damage, or do you just leave all that to the technique description?

I'm so sorry I missed this or I would of answered. To answer your question its taken care of in the description as needed via per jutsu basis.

Put simply: we make all new jutsu that everyone required has to learn.

My excuse is, you may know how to do a single technique on your own.
But it takes practice to create special maneuvers.

Sengoku System
Me: the hizoku attacks you with his yari, your actions?

Max: I evade with a 13 and counter attack with a 1,000... *pause for silence*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: