Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Character Drawing - Need Someone to Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nova
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Character Drawing - Need Someone to Help Reply with quote

I tried to draw one of my characters....but i don't 100% like the way it came out, i can't draw it the way i want it, it doesn't look like a ninja. Can someone help?

Jensik
Sharkbait

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More information is required for anyone to even consider helping you. Start with the basics; Age? Height? Weight? Common expressions/gestures/looks? Clothing worn?
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what you're going for really.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sengoku System
Me: the hizoku attacks you with his yari, your actions?

Max: I evade with a 13 and counter attack with a 1,000... *pause for silence*
Nova
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doku is 6-years-old, 4'1, 50 lbs. Purple eyes, Light grey hair, Tan skin.
He is kinda acts like a nuckle head who gives off the appearence as innocent, but he is the opposite. He is young yes, but very deceptive, he would kill anyone, well at least try to.

His hair kinda looks like i drew it. He wears his headband just like most ninja. He wears like a jacket that has no sleves like what i drew, its grey. Black long sleve shirt under it. He wears shorts that are grey. He has both legs wrapped, and his shoes are just standard ninja shoes except they are black, i couldnt draw the feet so i did whatever. He has two big pouches on both sides, and a scroll on his back. Everytime someone sees him he has a lollipop in his hand.

He is usually underestimated and considered anoying cuase he will ask a million questions just to make you mad, oh and don't ever except a lollipop from him unless you want to die. In the game i am playing he is currectly a Chunnin and is also an Anbu....is there anything else thats needed to be known??
Chaos4knuckles
Younin Commander

Location: The border of the Village Hidden in the Valley of the Sun, & Reno, the realm of Power

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 year-old Chuunin anbu, I call shenanigans.

This character seems ridicoulous, what PB system did you use, or did you just randomly roll, (PB=Point buy)

Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.. if I had any motivation to draw it's gone now.

Itachi was supposed to be the youngest ANBU at I believe 10 where as Kakashi was the only one to pass at 6 years old only because he was such a genius, and comes from such a background.

Did you even write a bio or just slap it together? Sorry but stuff like thins angers me to no end, Youngest age I've allowed for even Genin was 10 years old provided they wrote me a six paragraph biography explaining logically "how and why".

You start letting everyone be mini kakashi/itachi's your game will turn to crap fast as there's no longer a point to being a talented individual.

Sengoku System

Chaos4knuckles
Younin Commander

Location: The border of the Village Hidden in the Valley of the Sun, & Reno, the realm of Power

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Precisely Shun, I agree with you 100%

Nova
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i made up a whole clan, which my GM approved, it allows for the character to be at least 6 years old. My GM is not one that is great with the whole experience thing he kinda lets us level up every 2 or 3 weeks (not game time) so my character is about level 10, and the weakest next to the 8 year old chunnin Nara. I kinda asked what does one have to do to obtain an anbu mask other then join anbu, (I think average age is around 15) next thing i know im going on a solo anbu mission. My GM bent the rules a little with the whole anbu thing...he let me do an extremely hard mission, almost lost my character but lucked out with a good roll. (he wanted to kill him off) so then when i returned to the village i was entitled Anbu but can only do missions with other anbu....which in my game there are none....so its pointless...and for some reason he made me chunnin i dont know why....also it seems nobody on this site likes the clan idea either saying its too strong...

we used 32 point buy system...and my GM told me not to take off for adjustments cuz of age....i think that was a little stupid but im not gonna complain.
Revan619
ANBU Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be fair in a game we had, we had a academy student that a player had that took genius nin who was allowed to be 6, made genin, then went through the ranks to level 15 in less than a game year making jounin and anbu, not even hitting 7 in game, sure me or Yukimaru would be willing to draw, if he ever gets his scanner working to do those dattoumaru pictures or if I get back into serious practise.
"Ahhh we been rumbled!!!! quick Messa flush the weed!!!" - The Kai of Konoha
Nova
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revan619 wrote:
to be fair in a game we had, we had a academy student that a player had that took genius nin who was allowed to be 6, made genin, then went through the ranks to level 15 in less than a game year making jounin and anbu, not even hitting 7 in game, sure me or Yukimaru would be willing to draw, if he ever gets his scanner working to do those dattoumaru pictures or if I get back into serious practise.

thank you, i would appreciate it
zolniena
Derp
Derp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so ur dm didnt have time pass while u leveled up? when i dm, i make a note to be sure that time passes. even if i have to resort to a "time-jump".

i think 3 years or so passed...maybe 4. it makes sense to have time pass, or ur characters gain more knowledge and ability faster than ANY other ninja before them.

u went up 7 levels-ish in less than a year. that takes at least 2 years in my opinion. it gives genin a chance to lvl

just my opinion, dont hate me
demoralizer
ANBU Leader

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolz he's six and he's higher level than my 16 year old Sharingan user/Jinchuuriki who is lvl nine (LVL ADJ of +3 mind you) in the game I run. He's all Overpowered big time, but I made so he suffered major trials in his youth so he could form a pact with his Bijuu. He still doesn't harness it completely and has had it since birth. Sry I'm off topic. I hope someone gets the motivation to draw the character for you.
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many techniques do you have then? Because I'm certain it should be alot less as I recall something like every point to the Learn DC being equal to a day or something.. meaning just a D class technique takes atleast two weeks on average.

Depending on your campaign there should be atleast one to three or more years in between leveling, taking into account travel time, training and what have you.

I'm also sad to say your GM needs help, no self respecting GM gives levels out like water. The games I play in you're lucky to gain a level in a month with play time of 4-8+ hours per day. Maybe that's just me and the people I game with but that's my input on the matter.

Sengoku System

Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shun wrote:
How many techniques do you have then? Because I'm certain it should be alot less as I recall something like every point to the Learn DC being equal to a day or something.. meaning just a D class technique takes atleast two weeks on average.

Haha, no. Learn time is (Technique's Rank) x (number of successes). Most D- and E-Ranks have a learn time equal to their rank. C-Ranks twice their rank, etc.

Shun wrote:
Depending on your campaign there should be atleast one to three or more years in between leveling, taking into account travel time, training and what have you.

I must agree. Unless they can travel at extremely high speeds and have ridiculous learn bonuses, they've either only done missions very close to the village and/or have very few techniques for someone of their level.

Shun wrote:
I'm also sad to say your GM needs help, no self respecting GM gives levels out like water. The games I play in you're lucky to gain a level in a month with play time of 4-8+ hours per day. Maybe that's just me and the people I game with but that's my input on the matter.

That's a bit on the low side there. Usually it's recommended you level up once every 3 sessions or so, if your sessions are 5-6 hours.
However, if your GM loves battles, I could see that quickly increasing to much faster levelups.
Nova
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my character has like 15 techniques 4 or 5 basics, and the rest are clan techniques...its a made up clan so i make techniques, one or two when i level up and i see if my GM approves if so i get them if not i either remake or take none....my clan does not allow learning techniques that are not clan related.....so yeah a lot less then the others that play which have at least a whole sheet....

oh and my GM makes us fight on just about every mission....we play about 6-8 hours when we meet. I just made this character a month ago...he made me start level 7 cuz my previous character he put in a comma....dont ask some mission with like a 200-year-old Uchiha....it was gay cuz all we had to do was talk to him....i basically got raped by Tsukuyomi.
Nova
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wondering if anyone has the free time to attempt the drawing of this character?
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it was established nobody has the drive or motivation to draw up such a broken character.

Sengoku System

Revan619
ANBU Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the few origonal ideas almost, sure me or kit'e would be happy
"Ahhh we been rumbled!!!! quick Messa flush the weed!!!" - The Kai of Konoha
Nova
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revan619 wrote:
one of the few origonal ideas almost, sure me or kit'e would be happy

thank you...i would appreciate that very much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Artwork All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: