Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Next Update (Because I Don't Have A Pony)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The Soul Blade bloodline won't figure in the main file, ever.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
ultima22689
Kage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious, correct me if I'm wrong, I have a wild imagination but are you still intending to do some work on the sharingan bloodline?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe as a separate supplement, but none of it is likely to ever figure in the main file to avoid favoring one bloodline over another.

ultima22689
Kage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, makes sense, looking forward to seeing it, playing an Uchiha in a game right now, I haven't really played one before but I remember hearing some awesome things about said supplement.
Whitefire
First Mate! Arr!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No. The Soul Blade bloodline won't figure in the main file, ever.

Dang that sucks i really wanted to see it.
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto, what are the benefits of the new "Hidden Gaze Feat"?
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keldon_Draconian wrote:
Frankto, what are the benefits of the new "Hidden Gaze Feat"?

as the name suggest you can of course sneak attack with gaze attacks...

requesting: the reduction of the needed BAB of ESS by 1, or being made possible that you can get ESS like other advanced classes by level uhm i hope it was 4 without selecting specific permanent class skills from your occupation.
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Hidden Gaze... uh, no? It allows you to deliver a gaze attack using your entire body.

I'll consider the BAB thing.

Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, i'm excited about the removal of Perform Checks and the Resting rules.

However, i think if you find yourself in good mood, you could present us with new material from the manga. Such as Rinnegan-related stuff, the new Jinchuriki Templates (we probably won't be seeing much more than what has already been shown about them), the new bloodlines, and things like that.

I know, this isn't the right way to inspire you, Razz, but i'll be suggesting all those things in a more detailed way, below.

Quote:
For Hidden Gaze... uh, no? It allows you to deliver a gaze attack using your entire body

Is that what Itachi did with his finger?

Also, i've made a list of suggestions you might want to take a look at... Or not Razz

First, modifications i'd suggest. Then i'll suggest new stuff, ibelow.

Gates: You made a huge rework of the hachimon tonkou techniques. They used to be overpowered, but you balanced them quite well. So, why do you still keep them as optional material?

Also, are you sure Hachimon Tonkou should be a first level only feat? Sure it isn't something common (and it should have some harsh requisites, such as a Constitution Score), but it doesn't seem like something that can't be learned after a few years...

Bloodline Classes:

Some of them seem a bit underpowered compared to the other classes. Let's see why.

Comparing Battle Mime with its Hyuuga counterpart, the White Knight.

- Same HD.
- Same skill points.
- Battle Mime has netter Fortitude, but worst Reflexes and Will.
- Battle Mime has less BAB.
- Both have three class features.

So, seems that Battle Mime is LESS powerful than White Knight. White Knight gains in three things and the Battle Mime gains in one.

Also, i think that the class feature that adds options to the bonus feat list of those two classes doesn't work very well as the only class feature for the second level. If someone wants to be the "perfect Hyuuga/Uchiha" and takes that class later on, they will have a class feature that sucks, as they will probably have taken all feats for their classes. Why taking a level that grants no benefits? A class should grants benefits for everyone that takes it, IMHO (and granting some benefits is not the same as being equally useful for anyone who takes the class). If someone takes a class like Blinkstrike, that grants no bonus feats, the class features of those class will be useless.

And more. Hyuuga and Uchiha NEED to spend more feats in order to have all the powers their bloodline grants. Hyuuga have at least 3 or 4 "extra" feats. Same for Uchiha. And they also spend a feat for their Advanced Bloodline. And also spend a feat to enter a class that grants no bonus feats. This leaves very little freedom to plan ahead, IMHO. And if someone says that the bloodlines grants enough power to compensate that, remember that the power doesn't come for free: The character pays one, two or three levels for that. Which gives even less feats...

The Hivemaster has a similar ability, but ALSO another ability at second level. He sacrifices no feat to enter the class, since almost every Aburame would take Destruction Bugs and all of them take Advanced Bloodline. They also have one less Bloodline Level to spend, which gives room to more feats.

Now let us take a look at another class, the Kaguya Warmonger.

- MUCH more HD than both Battle Mime and White Knight.
- More BAB than Battle Mime, same BAB as White Knight.
- Better Fortitude than both. Less Reflexes and Will.
- Same ammount of class features.

He loses in one thing (Saves) gains in two. So, he is better than White Knight and Battle Mime.

My suggestion to balance everything:

- Make the class features include the feats on the list on every bonus feat list AND give one of those as a bonus feat.

- Improve either Battle Mime's skill points or Base Attack Bonus, to be in pair with White Knight. I'd vote for the first one, seeing as Uchiha usually spend points in more fields of expertise than Hyuuga.

Blinkstrike has two "unique feats" related to the class. So, what about giving a bonus feat at the second level of the class? Is one of the few classes without bonus feats, and the second level only gives one class feature, compared to the fourth level that gives the same ability and also evasion X. So, what about a bonus feat at second level?

Elite Shinobi Swordsman I second the motion to lessen the requisites.

Livewire is a class focused in one, single thing: fighting with a particular weapon. Shouldn't Livewire give full base attack bonus? It has the same role as a weaponmaster, IMHO.

Yominodoki already has an official name: Kamui. Will you change it?

Meisaigakure isn't overpowered for a Rank 5 technique? During 1 minute/level, You gain +15 to hide checks, can hide even while observed, do not need cover... And you can even move/run while hiding (Ok, you still have a penalty of -10 to hide while running... But still, not enough to be a real penalty, since the technique itself grants a bonus of +15)! All of that at the cost of 5 chakra.

Hyouma has an ability on the table called "Hyouma (Full)" but the ability is not described anywhere.

Darkbane Sharingan should probably have a special entry like Mangekyou Sharingan, requiring someone to take another Mangekyou, i think.

Bearer of Shukaku should have a way of being awakened after the user reaches the "full Shukaku form". Just like the way Naruto punched Gaara to awake him.

Amaterasu seems to keep burning that same square for a time after each "burst". What about adding that effect for 1 round/level?

Now, NEW things i'd suggest:

- A "Chimera" blood pact, such as the one Pain has. The Chimera would be of Aberation type. Each superior rank (Protector, Elite, Avatar...) would gain one or more "traits" you would take from a table, such as extra natural weapons, hardened shell, chamaleonic powers, extra reach...

For example, the multiheaded dog would have the necessary rank to be large and take the "extra natural weapons" (bite) improvement lots of times. And so on...

- New Elements: Acid and Magma. We already have techniques from those two elements on the main file. They would follow similar rules to the Hyouton feat. The Mizukage bloodline would grant both feats as bonus feats on first level.

- Rinnegan!: I tried to make it a couple times, if you want some inspiration. Basically, a Major Bloodline that grants access to every bloodline as a Main Affinity (and the bonuses doesn't grow beyond +1 and Resistance 10). However, the Rinnegan Eye ability (always active) grants a variable bonus to all Ninjutsu Checks to Perform, Convert and Resist Ninjutsu techniques, as well as constant see chakra. Also a Rinnegan Frenzy ability, gained trough a feat. Finally, the "body possession thing" is a feat that allows the character to possess up to one dead body every 4 levels. Each possession increases the character LA by +1 and uses some of the bodies's abilities.

Shinra Tensei Could be some of those Instant-Action Defensive Techniques, with a certain radius, pushback and empowerable-damage.

That's what i can think of right now. I'll keep shooting suggestions if you don't mind reading Razz.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is what Itachi did with his finger.

I agree with the gates not being a 1st-level only thing.

For the bloodline classes, they are not balanced towards each other, but rather towards their bloodline. If the bloodline is stronger, the class is not likely to be as strong?with the exception perhaps of Elder Sage.

The Blinkstrike itself is already a strong class without a bonus feat. I don't feel it's very necessary.

I'll see about the Livewire and the ESS.

About Yominodoki's name, sure, what the hell.

Think of Meisaigakure as a weaker version of invisibility. It's a cameleon technique that lets you blend in with your environment?and this may not be in the current version of the file, but it also gives a -5 penalty to Hide checks in the wrong environment.

Hyouma (Full) refers to the speed of the burrow ability. Wording was clarified.

About the Darkbane Sharingan, perhaps. I'm considering making both of the epic feats nonepic. But I don't know yet.

About awakening the Bearer of Shukaku, if I think of something, I'll include it. If you think of something, let me know.

About Amaterasu, good idea.

I might make a Chimaera blood pact, but I'm not likely to make Acid or Magma actual elements. That would just cause more problems.

This is how you should handle the Rinnegan: Give it to NPCs, and give that NPC access to all bloodline abilities if you want. Don't give the players an I WIN button.

I'd have to see about Shinra Tensei.

Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For the bloodline classes, they are not balanced towards each other, but rather towards their bloodline. If the bloodline is stronger, the class is not likely to be as strong—with the exception perhaps of Elder Sage.

I see your point. Makes a lot of sense. However, about the class abilities that add options to the bonus feat lists? Don't you think those abilities are a bit useless the way they work right now?

Quote:
About awakening the Bearer of Shukaku, if I think of something, I'll include it. If you think of something, let me know.

Keep the user's hit points separated from Shukaku's (the user still dies if Shukaku dies and so on). The user receives 3/4 cover from being covered in Shukaku's sand. If someone has sufficient reach AND line of sight to aim an attack against the Bearer (instead of Shukaku's own body) and hits, the Bearer must succeed a Concentration or Fortitude check to avoid waking up. Shukaku would probably avoid that, protecting the user with techniques. But that's up to the GM in control...

Also, Genjutsu wouldn't affect the user while he sleeps (except for those Genjutsu that affect dreams), and Shukaku would make any Reflex Saving throw to avoid attacks directed against the Bearer while he sleeps. Because of that, he isn't considered helpless unless Shukaku is.

Now that we are speaking of Jinchuriki... I think a certain feat could be useful. After reaching near epic levels, Jinchuriki seem to have a certain degree of control over their berseker natures. Gaara better resists Shukaku's bloodlust (Control Frenzy feat). But Killer Bee actually befriended Eight Tails. He even uses this to dispel Genjutsu. So, what about a feat like this:

Bijuu Control[Epic]
You have better control of your Bijuu.
Requisites: Jinchuriki Template with Frenzy ability, Control Frenzy feat, Concentration 24 Ranks, Chakra Control 18 Ranks.
Benefits: You don't need to make Will saving throws to avoid the Frenzy ability, only to dismiss it, if you wish. Also, when you fail a will saving throw against a mind-affecting effect, you can reroll again on the following round (as per "slippery mind" ability).

Quote:
I agree with the gates not being a 1st-level only thing.

What about the classification of the techniques as "optional content"?

Quote:
About the Darkbane Sharingan, perhaps. I'm considering making both of the epic feats nonepic. But I don't know yet.

Interesting, but i'd suggest making the Eternal Mangekyou at least a Level 18 feat (Sharingan Eye +6).

Speaking of Sharingan...

What about the "Amaterasu Shield" used by Sasuke? Could bea new technique (Kagutsuchi) used in two ways:

Instant action that defends against any attack (Kawarimi) and deals damage to the attacker, or create a shield that works like the "fire shield" spell of Dungeons and Dragons, during 1 round/level. Both effects would have Amaterasu properties and this technique may only be used in a round the user concentrates on the Amaterasu technique. Using this technique counts as an extra round of concentration on Amaterasu.

Also, the Amaterasu Itachi sealed in Sasuke's eyes could be a Sealing Technique that works like some sort of Contingency spell, putting a technique in someone that is activated under certain conditions, a number of times. Has XP cost and can't be used in the caster (Well, Itachi didn't care too much about the XP cost Razz).

Finally, seeing how much Sharingans (and Byakugan) are appearing from nowhere, what about rules to steal one's doujutsu? I'd do something like:

1)You take the eye.
2)You gain the powers according to the donor's level, with a penalty of -1 to all the abilities (Sharingan Eye, Offensive Insight, High Speed Sight) if you only took a single eye. You suffer one negative level for every bloodline level you lack, until you "buy" the levels. You can only buy levels if you fulfill the requisites, INCLUDING the Advanced Bloodline feat.
3)The eye can't be turned on, but can be closed (on this state it consumes chakra the same way the "Epic Sharingan" does).

The Byakugan would work the same way, but it can be "turned off".

No one can activate two Bloodlines at once. Also, having more than one Doujutsu causes rejection and deals Constitution Damage every day the user keeps that stupid idea. Razz

And we finally know that the First Hokage (and his clones) had some sort of powerful genetic inheritance... What about a bloodline? Some of the abilities could be a Free Mokuton Feat, an ability that gives a bonus to Mokuton techniques (think about the Cold Blooded ability from the Hyouma) and some sort of hability to sense beings with Demonic Subtype. This ability would be a requisite to use the Kakuan Nitten Suishu technique and other Bijuu control techniques. Easy to make as a Minor/Intermediate bloodline.
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how we've dealt with awakening shukaku since day one, it seemed logical. That's if I read correctly; using shukaku separately from the host but death results in both dyeing because he's using the host's body as a catalyst.

The bijuu feat sounds cool.

The Sharingan defense technique (amaterasu+susanoo) should require atleast some sort of mastery on one of the two techniques.

I'd suspect (as it hasn't really been shown) that one Byakugan grants you only 79 degree vision but can still use all other abilities, with the exception of clan hijutsu. It just seems logical that you would require both eyes for the pinpoint precision to use jyuuken and such, plus a teacher.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sengoku System
Me: the hizoku attacks you with his yari, your actions?

Max: I evade with a 13 and counter attack with a 1,000... *pause for silence*
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:
For Hidden Gaze... uh, no? It allows you to deliver a gaze attack using your entire body.

I'll consider the BAB thing.

That is just a plain lie, I know you can sneak attack with your gaze, you just watch your target and give him 10d6 damage by watching him! j/k

I have another point, while Ninjutsu and Genjutsu ranks give already learning synergy bonuses what about:

Every 5 ranks of Ninjutsu you gain +1 to saving throws against Ninjutsu techniques, etc.
While, well the learning bonus might be removed, I think the learning bonus from Ninja Lore is already good enough (I admit I have not taken a single look in the mainfile in 5 weeks), so there might be errors in my statements above.
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I should let you guys know I'm in the process of putting the finishing touches on a Senjutsu chakra system.

Pros: Senjutsu chakra.
Cons: Never going to be in the main file.

Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of, I made these a while back. It's bout the closest representation I feel.

===============================================================
Sage Techniques
===============================================================
Sage Techniques are taught to only those of great talent and potential usually to serve a much
greater purpose, such a person is picked only by the Sage of the user?s bloodpact. This is done
by the avatars summoning the character to their plane of existence where he will live just as they
do, at one with nature. The user gains such a focus of chakra that he can feel and see the energy
outside of his own body, eventually using it for purposes of recreation.
It is impossible to perform sage techniques without sage chakra.

Sage Chakra Pool: is equal to half of the user?s standard and is used and required to perform sage type
jutsu in addition to boosting standard techniques. Should a sage technique be used, fifty percent is
automatically subtracted from the cost and is covered by the sage pool. That is to say; a shinobi with
a chakra pool of 200 would have a sage pool of 100, spending 50 for a sage technique he subtracts
25 from his sage and standard pool.

Sennin Mo-do (Hermit Mode)
Ninjutsu (Requires Way of the Hermit Feat) [Epic; Rank10]
Learn DC: 65; Perform DC: 69; Time: One Minute; Components: C, H, X; Range: Personal;
Target: You; Duration: 1round/3levels; Save Throws: None; ChakraCost: 40

Sennin Mo-do is the epitome of shinobi strength through nature it literally charges the user and
the techniques in his arsenal. Once all requirements are met the user may use his chakra pool known as ?sage chakra?.
The user gains access to sage techniques and any standard techniques used performs does an x1.5 increase in numerical
effects such as damage, healing and range. The user also gains a +10 attack, damage and strength check bonus,
+10 to defense, reflex, initiative, jump, hide, move silently and +30 to movement speed.
Special note: the user also gains special abilities of the animal he has his primary bloodpact with however should
the character be reduced to 50% chakra or below when going into transformation he resembles the animal in question
but still retains their human form.
----------------------
Hinsei Kaihou-Kyoujaku no Jutsu (Nature Release- Strength Technique)
Taijutsu (Requires Way of the Hermit Feat) [Epic; Rank10]
Learn DC: 61; Perform DC: 63; Time: Free; Components: C, S; Range: Personal
Target: You; Duration: 1round; Save Throws: Fort Neg; ChakraCost: 50

This technique allows the user to focus their strength to a ?god-like? tier for a short period of time.
By using this technique the user may temporarily increase his melee attack and damage by +10 for the
duration of this technique.
Special note: should the character be reduced to 25% chakra or below when using this technique he
resembles the animal in question but still retains their human form.
----------------------
Hinsei Kaihou-Kaisoku no Jutsu (Nature Release-Celerity Technique)
Taijutsu (Requires Way of the Hermit Feat) [Epic; Rank10]
Learn DC: 61; Perform DC: 68; Time: Free; Components: C, S; Range: Personal
Target: You; Duration: 1round; Save Throws: Fort Neg; ChakraCost: 65

This technique far exceeds any speed type as it uses chakra from nature itself. After
focusing chakra throughout his body the user?s speed rises phenomenally with a +180
bonus to base movement speed, in addittion to a +10 to attack, defense, reflex, initiative,
jump, hide and move silent checks for the duration of this technique.
Special note: should the character be reduced to 25% chakra or below when using this technique he
resembles the animal in question but still retains their human form.

Sengoku System

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I must say that isn't remotely close to how I made mine. For a start, it's a Jounin-level set of skills, and it is ABSOLUTELY NOT SUITED for a normal campaign.

Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How so? Hermit mode represents the final finished product.. from Naruto to Jiraiya. Though I need work on the transformation "penalty". The other two represent the short burst you can accomplish which Pa-Toad demonstrated. The high DC and Cost are pretty self explanatory to me.
Like you said it's not suited for a normal level campaign. I've always felt it needed some kind of reworking though...

Oh and the feat required;

Way of the Hermit
Only through hermit training can one exceed the limits shinobi can only dream of by using nature energy which comes from the earth itself which the user can see and feel at will.
Prerequisites: 16 Int and Wis, 16th level, Blood Pact (any), Ninjutsu 19 ranks.
Benefit: By gaining this feat the character gains access to Sage techniques according to his blood pact.
Special: To gain this feat the character must have been approached or summoned by an Elite or Avatar ranked summon of his blood pact.

Sengoku System

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was referring to mine, actually.

Senjutsu chakra, natural energy, artifacts, and the Sage class and techniques all have their own sections. If I decide to show the finished product, I suppose you will see.

Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured you meant Sage material in general, in canon only three people have ever used it.

Sengoku System

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, precisely. Let's just say that Naruto with Senjutsu chakra outclasses a lot of people he didn't previously.

Also, Senjutsu chakra isn't limited to toads, or even to blood pacts.

Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and I indeed think alike at times.

Quote:
Way of the Hermit
Only through hermit training can one exceed the limits shinobi can only dream of by using nature energy which comes from the earth itself which the user can see and feel at will.
Prerequisites: 16 Int and Wis, 16th level, Blood Pact (any), Ninjutsu 19 ranks.

Sengoku System

Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:
Aye, precisely. Let's just say that Naruto with Senjutsu chakra outclasses a lot of people he didn't previously.

Also, Senjutsu chakra isn't limited to toads, or even to blood pacts.

Yeah, you know my tree animal companion can use Senjutsu too.

Okay, well here are some ideas from yesterdays eve:
- Taijutsu technique chakra can not be converted to sta damage unless stated so. (Well funnily the manga states that it burns stamina directly, which cannot be converted to chakra...)

- You might consider moving the epic feat: "elemental specialization" down to about prerequisite: jounin (level).
When reading the manga, you could begin to feel that about every character introduced is epic level, which kinda... smells.

- if we are already that far, ESS first ability might be made into a prerequisite, as it kinda sucks not being able to take a weapon focus in a weapon you are going to specialize into before taking ESS, or at least add the wording, that if the feat is already selected you gain a feat from the bonus feat list.

- I think the last time I looked the technique analyst has only normal metachakra feats as "special" abilities, you can easily make that an ability list too so people can select, or giving him in some level the ability of "improved <metachakra>", which could reduce the level/complexity (whatever it gives) penalty it imposes on the technique by 1 by the selected metachakra feat.

cannot think of anything more that came to my mind recently. but that will probably change. Razz
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first and last are both points I don't really want to delve into right now. The second and third are both good ideas. I think I'll do that.

EDIT: Thanks to jmantyk for the help with the Sage class.

So this is how it works. You take a feat, which allows you to gain the new uses of Balance, Chakra Control and Concentration for senjutsu.

STEP 1: Achieve perfect stillness using the Balance skill. This provokes an AoO, and is a free action.
STEP 2: Draw in Nature energy using the Balance skill. This is a move action, but does not provoke an AoO.
STEP 3: Convert Nature energy into Senjutsu chakra by mixing your own chakra in with it: 1 nature energy + 1 chakra = 2 senjutsu chakra. This is Chakra Control check, and an attack action that does not provoke an AoO (but can be hastened to a move action or a free action of you have extreme skills). At this step, if you have the technique, you can also automatically enter Sage Mode.

Fail at step 3 and you take charisma damage, slowly turning into a semblence of your patron spirit, and then a stone statue. This charisma damage can only be used by a Sage's artifact, a Master's ability or a Sage Trance. You enter a Sage trance with the Concentration skill.

You can gather up to one-third of your maximum chakra pool in nature energy, and have up to two-thirds of your max chakra pool in senjutsu chakra at any one time. If you use all your senjutsu chakra allotement for the day, you take no penalties. However, if you create more, then you suffer Senjutsu Chakra fatigue, which only goes away by completing a full sage trance.

You can use Senjutsu chakra to pay for techniques in part or in full. If you pay in full with Senjutsu chakra, it is Empowered. You can also use Senjutsu Chakra for Senjutsu techniques, which can reach a whole new realm of badass.

As for sage mode? Well, you'll find out. Maybe.

PS: Senjutsu chakra doesn't come back with rest; rather, it decays with time.

Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to say I like it, and it gives us a patron/template to introduce more energies. I have a question: I wonder... sage mode benefits and drawbacks depend on your bloodpact?

And I'm starting to think of all the awesome you could gather on a unofficial suplement, Frankto... Razz

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sage techniques all have drawbacks you suffer when you don't have the Sageblooded feat. That was the difference between Naruto and Jiraiya: Naruto was a Sage, Jiraiya was not.

The drawback for Sennin Mode would be 4 temporary Charisma damage while the technique lasts, and if you fail a Balance check when it ends, your Senjutsu chakra goes down the drain.

Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could of swore that Jiraiya was a sage, where as Naruto had alot of chakra and time to train (trained while everyone slept, unlike jiraiya). Giving him time to better learn it on his own.

I like the Charisma penalty but I feel it should only affect you on a poor transformation (low perform/chakra). Balance makes sense but only to start gathering the chakra.

Sengoku System

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiraiya was a sage. Naruto is a Sage.

If you gather natural energy, and convert it into senjutsu chakra improperly, you take Charisma damage. That is the poor transformation.

Sennin Mode is only one of many techniques you can use with Senjutsu chakra.

Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, makes sense. All I got was a speed boost, strength boost and of course the sage mode itself. Mostly because they haven't show us much else, other then you can make and use absurdly powerful techniques.

Sengoku System

Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought just of a nice to be enhanced MAS mechanic.

Instead of Fort 15 - die you can enhance it like this.

When a MAS save should be made, you Roll a d20, to determine where the player / npc has been hit.

and the mas save is against 10 + 1/5 damage, if you fail then you split it up by the body zone which is hit:

head: mas save, or die
body: mas save +5 (gain a +5 bonus on the roll) or die
arms: mas save or lose arm and fort dc 15 to stay conscious (left, right)
feet: mas save or lose foot and fort dc 15 to stay conscious (left, right)

if people start loosing more body parts in the manga this might be a good introduction to it...
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too complicated?nobody wants to spend a minute or two wondering what happens everytime you exceed MAS.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: