Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Question on normal clones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nighthawk07
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Question on normal clones Reply with quote

So can the clones made by a normal bunshin no jutsu aid another when attacking if the opponent doesn't know which one is the real one? Also can they provide flanking bonuses under the same condition?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by aid another you mean flanking, then that would be at the gm's discretion.

That isn't an easy question to answer.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rule as Written:

Quote:
Flanking
When making a melee attack, you get a +2 flanking bonus if your opponent is threatened by a character or creature friendly to you on the opponent’s opposite border or opposite corner.

A Bunshin isn't a character or creature. It has no attack bonus and can't make an attack of opportunity - which means it can't threat any creature. If the Bunshin can't threat, it can't flank.
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rulewise, that's it.

As a GM, I'd have to think of it...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's open to GM interpretation.

You see, the point about flanking and the creature being threatened is that the creature *believes* it is being threatened from two sides and has to divide his attention to defend against both foes.
This in turn leads to gaps in his defense and the +2 to hit bonus, as well as being able to sneak attack.

While a bunshin is not material and does not, rulewise, threaten a target, one can rule that if the target does not notice the bunshin is not real, it can grant a flanking bonus.

Correct me if I am wrong, but bunshin can be easily distuingished by either a spot or a listen check to determine whether they are real or not...I should say.

Also, a clone could do this maybe one round, because after that it will be painfully obvious that it can't do anything...

But hey, rulewise it doesn't grant flanking. So if you're going to fit the rules, go with that. Otherwise, let the GM decide.
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the X clones = Y dice with 1 on the roll being a hit to the real one, that's if they are in a grouping. But common sense takes over if you attack only one selected target.

Of course if you can see chakra/see through chakra then you negate that ability.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sengoku System
Me: the hizoku attacks you with his yari, your actions?

Max: I evade with a 13 and counter attack with a 1,000... *pause for silence*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: