Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Jutsu for Summoning?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samuru
ANBU Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Jutsu for Summoning? Reply with quote

Hey everyone, just wondering if there is a jutsu that can summon, like Kuchiyose no Jutsu, but doesn't require a blood pact? Thing is, I wanted to run a game where the player's team gains a reputation for bad luck, where one exorcism mission has them attacked by a chakra vampire, and another where they are supposed to be tutoring a young shinobi ends with the student accidently summoning an Oni Grunt, that they have to either fight, or lock in the room. I can just imagine them doing that, Iruka looking at them like they're nuts, and then when they run out of the academy they hear him become VERY irate. Just a good bit of humor, but Kuchiyose no jutsu doesn't work for what I'm looking for, and the student is just going to be mimicing a scroll.
Dokuga Kazu
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a GM you can take certain "artistic liberties" but generally all summonings used with Kuchiyose no Jutsu will require a Blood Pact.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the anime, Jiraiya went to Frog Mountain when he decided to use Kuchiyose without a bloodpact. Sandaime tried to stop him, but he had already perfomed the technique.

There he met the frogs and they taught him the technique.

You could rule that if someone uses the technique without a bloodpact, there is a chance of the character being sent to the home of the summon that better fits his personality.

Of course, most Shinobi don't know that and consider too risky to perform Kuchiyose without a pact.
Samuru
ANBU Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, that may be an interesting thing. He accidently summons an Oni first, and while they're gone on an extended mission, he performs it again, traveling to a plane of the Oni, and grows to become a major threat later on, while they may remember him as "the little brat we tutored", and we have an instant memorable villain.

I like that idea, Keldon, thanks.
Dokuga Kazu
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen the anime in quite some time, lol. Though that bit of info is intriguing enough to make me want to watch it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: