Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

GM materials for naruto d20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Main File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yachoumaru Oda
Chuunin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: GM materials for naruto d20 Reply with quote

Was recently doing something that made me think of creating this topic. I was checking over my players character sheets to see if they'd added everything up right, and no had did not...

A couple of things struck me (ideas not rocks). Is there a GM screen someone's produced specifically for naruto D20? Hell even a D20 modern one would be pretty useful. If someone knows of one can they link me?

I personally find printing and continually correcting character sheets on paper highly laborious and was wondering whether anyone used some form of standardised system for recoding character details, such as the manner used in the friends and foes section. I've found mention of a naruto character generater in my first few glances through the forums, was that ever completed?
Or do people just use their own system? What do people find helpful?

Finally are there any cheat sheets people have made. e.g. quick reference documents to skill synergies, types of action etc.
Was thinking of listing all the skill, feat, racial and talent bonuses to skill checks I could find for printing as a quick reference document. Which I would make a prototype of this weekend.

But of course I need to ask permission before proceeding out of curtesy and to adher to Frankto's rights of ownership, and as such recognise that I can only distribute it freely at his say so.

If people would find that helpful I could post it in this topic for people to use, as my own small contribution to the furtherment of naruto D20. I have found that such a document would be very helpful in avoiding simple mistakes.

Thanks for baring with the newbies concerns, my only wish is to become the best GM I can be for my players. No that isn't sunny idealism, thats taking pride in my work and making sure that its done correctly.

'I kill...with my mind'
-Eddie Dean, Dark Tower
Jensik
Sharkbait

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with wanting to be a better GM. In fact it's wrong not to.

I find physical character sheets for this system cumbersome, mainly because of ever changing bonuses from however many Strength and Speed ranks you happen to be using at a given moment. I keep my characters and NPCs in a purely digital format (Excel Spreadsheet). I would share but it isn't user friendly unless you happen to know exactly where everything goes, which works great for me but not so much for anyone else.

GM screen? Not in the budget.

References? Ok, there's a little help there on the interwebs. Here are some links that I keep bookmarked during game sessions because they are infinitely useful:

Hyperlinked Technique Index (may be outdated, check with JMantyk for more information)
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhrkh4zz_17cfmwgnfw

JMantyk was also at one point working on an SRD for ND20, but progress on that is slow.

Various D20 Modern System Reference Documents
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd
http://www.12tomidnight.com/d20modernsrd/Home.php
http://www.archeform.com/d20modern/home.htm

Latest version of the Character Statblock Generator can always be found here:
http://www.narutod20.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=533
jmantyk
Mr. Happy
Mr. Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm slowing redoing to tech list, the one linked above is 2 updates old I believe.

I forgot I had a gaint eye for a avatar....creeped me out when I viewed my post.

FMA style alchemy, a WiP
Linked technique list
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yachoumaru Oda
Chuunin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty certain this is a stupid question, but still I must ask it.
I got no technical background in ICT, I don't know what to do with a RAR file.
I'll research it tommorow but figured it'd be quicker (albeit more embarassing) to simply ask...

How do I open this now I've downloaded it?

'I kill...with my mind'
-Eddie Dean, Dark Tower
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a RAR file is basically a .zip file, which I desperately hope you've heard of.

To unzip a .rar file, there are several applications you could get, but I suggest WINrar because it has a free demo that you can use.

Though, I'm assuming you use Windows. If you use another OS, then I can't help you <_<;
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading 7-Zip will also do it for you. I prefer it to winRAR because it's officially free and therefor doesn't have trials or whatnot. It just works.
Aurion
Chuunin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this: http://dndsrd.net/toolsScreen.html

Also, currently working on a "DM's Booklet" for Naruto D20 for personal use, could upload it when done for other people if they'd like
Jensik
Sharkbait

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is nowhere near completion, but I the NarutoD20SRD.com is currently in development.

Just like it's inspirational source, this a one man opporation. Don't expect swift updates.

Edit: fixed link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Main File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: