Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Naruto D20 Technique Summary

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Main File
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceforge
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Naruto D20 Technique Summary Reply with quote

Greetings fellow Naruto Fans!

I can see this has been a hot topic before, and that all previous attempts at making a summary has ended in failure.

I want to remedy that situation, but I would love help to do so, as it is a major project to do.

I am currently working on Rank 1 Techniques myself, and the information contained within the summary is as follows:

Type: This line works as the spell compendium in DnD3.5, in which the first Illusion magic, for instance, is marked Illusion.
The major types are bold while subtypes are inversive
as examples, here are the first 4 lines in TYPE in the current prototype:
Chakra Control
Body
Spirit
Genjutsu

Name: This contains the original name of the technique

Translation: This contains the translated name as it appears in the Naruto D20 main-file

Learn: This contains the DC, followed by the number of successes required, format as "<DC>, <number>s"
As example, the 4 first techniques of the prototype:
12, 1s
13, 1s
14, 2s
12, 1s

Furthermore, if a Technique requires another technique or a feat prior to you being able to learn it, this should be noted here with "Pre-req(t)" for Technique Pre-requests, "Pre-req(f)" for Feat pre-requests, "Pre-req(b)" for Bloodline Pre-requests and "Pre-req(a)" for Ability pre-requests, which I think should cover all the different kinds of pre-requests (or am I wrong?)

Perform: Includes ranks and DC for the technique, format as "<number> Ranks, DC <DC>"
As examples, the 4 first techniques of the prototype:
1 Rank, DC 11
1 Rank, DC 12
2 Ranks, DC 14
1 Rank, DC 11

Chakra: This contains the chakra cost of the technique, This can be format in various ways.
Either as a flat cost, meaning simply a number indicating cost.
As a split cost, in which case it appears as "X or Y", where X and Y is the different costs it can have
Or scale-able costs, appears as "flat cost + X", where flat cost is the base cost, and X is how much used for scaling, 1's being ommited.
Examples:
Saihou No Jutsu has a cost of 1, so in Chakra, a simple "1" appears.
Fuuin Jutsu - Jou No In Kai costs 1 or 2, depending on if it is a general lock or a specific lock. It's costs appears as "1 or 2"
Bunshin No Jutsu costs 1 + 1 for each additional clone, so it's cost appears as "1 + x"

Effect: A summary of the effect. This includes explanation of possible "x"-factors in the chakra cost, for instance the Bunshin No Jutsu effect summary read as:
"Creates 1 + x (max 2+2 pr. level) clones. Clones disappear when attack. Clones stay within 100ft. Clones cannot speak, perform any action that requires having a body. Cannot perform techniques"

Finally, the Alpha Prototype, about half-way through Rank 1 Techniques:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JX27HLYS

This should clear things up, as you can now see the current alpha version

Now, to speed up this progress of creating this summary, I would very much like YOUR help.

And you can help in different ways:

If you can follow the formats given and got Open Office v.3.2 installed, it is very simple to do this.

Post here what Rank Techniques you are calling "dibs" on, then format your file in Open Office Writer to have 7 columns, and as many rows as techniques of that level, and start writing them up; Once you are finished with those techniques, you post your Office file here (use megaupload or services like that, if you do not own your very own server for hosting) and I will add those Techniques to my master index and include them in the next update of the Summary.

You can also just read through the latest master version of this summary and check it for any errors (typography or maybe wrong listed learn DC's, perform DC's or chakra costs or anything else)

Unlike other earlier projects, this will be continiously updated with the latest progress, so in case I burn out on working on this, as it seemed happened to many others who took on this project in the past, then the work so far will not be lost and will be freely useable for anyone who wants to continue this work.

Leave replies here, either if you are willing to help out or if you are just excited about this possible new tool.

Also, if the creators of the Naruto D20 system (which seems uber awesome, by the way), want to later implement this list to their PDF file, I will make the list available to them in whatever format they find easiest to work with (if I am able to provide that format, that is)[/url]
Iceforge
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update; Will try and keep these quick in succession, but cannot promise anything.

Version Alpha 0.0.2 is now done.

Alpha 0.0.2 contains ALL rank 1 Techniques, is formatted to be easier to overview and read.

Added Headline for Rank 1 as well

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M3ULXSHE

EDIT: People are also just welcome to post the effect summary for abilities, just leave them as replies with

Rank | Name | Summary

And that can help me save a lot of time, as I can simply copy-paste those into the file as I go along then
Iceforge
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that this does not belong in this part of the forum, but should have rather been posted in community creations subforum, to where I am going to repost and continue this thread.

Sorry for misposting
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Main File All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: