Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Portfolio of Prestige: Volume III at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Lava techs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redheadedtechie
Genin

Location: The heart of retirement central . . . so many old people

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Lava techs Reply with quote

So, throughout the forum, it is widely accepted that Earth + Fire = Lava/Magma. Yet, noone seems to have created techs for it. I'm thinking of making a Lava nin, and would appreciate any techniques, technique names I could play with, ways to adapt current techs, etc. I'm not sure if this is going to be a bloodline skill (like it appears the current Mizukage has, if I saw the manga right) or a third elemental mastery thing (like the ice/wood is treated). If I make a bloodline, I'll post it, same with other techs I make.

Thank you for the ideas in advance.
Chaos4knuckles
Younin Commander

Location: The border of the Village Hidden in the Valley of the Sun, & Reno, the realm of Power

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the reason why nobody has made lava techniques is probable due to the fact that lava would kill most things upright, but continue on what your doing. Also, the mizukage's kekkei genkei seems more of an acid I believe than an actual magma....

redheadedtechie
Genin

Location: The heart of retirement central . . . so many old people

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I get the feeling that making the techs without near instant death might be difficult. But this is the Naruto universe, it doesn't have to make sense (see: 'Everybody has a Sharingan').

My friends and I were talking about whether it was acid or lava. We're split on it really.

EDIT (unrelated to the topic, but related to Chaos' post): According to Narutopedia (as accurate as it may or may not be) says the Fifth Mizukage can use lava and corrosive vapors.
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made a few techniques but keep them to myself...

One reason nobody has posted them is because it either requires near epic skill or requires a bloodline/bijuu.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sengoku System
Me: the hizoku attacks you with his yari, your actions?

Max: I evade with a 13 and counter attack with a 1,000... *pause for silence*
QuebranFortalezo88
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also made a few techs, and given time to locate them, I can post them if people are interested. They are rather crude and could definitely use some work, but are developed enough to edit to your liking. Ideas include:

-Magma Tsunami
-Molten Earth Titan (Exactly what it sounds like..... lol)
-Merciless Descent (A lava pit hidden by a thin layer of earth)

And as far as the whole lethality thing, I think it would be like anything that has a higher chance of being lethal IRL. It needs to be balanced with the other things in the game, in my opinion. If you really need a solid reason for weakening it, you could say something along the lines of "Ninjas cannot fully replicate lava at its hottest state without using impractical amounts of chakra, and the time it would take to reach those temperatures makes a weaker form necessary in battle." I think we can make it work.

The biggest question would probably be the damage type. Is it fire damage or acid damage? I always thought fire, never thought of acid.......
DarkJackel
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lava Release (Fire+Earth) is a Kekkei Genkai but can also is the ability granted to the jinchuuriki of the Four-Tailed Demon Monkey, similar to how the Boil Release (Fire+Water) is a kekkei genkai that a Biju can also provide.

It should be mentioned that the Mizukage had BOTH the Lave and Boil Release Bloodlimits. Obviously we can't make instakill techniques but if the lava and acid of the two releases do damage every round or just be powerful (or both) it might get the right feel.

Since we're on the topic it might be nice to see something for the Storm Release (Wind+Lightning) as well. That and maybe a feat so that a trained nin could apply his primary elemental nature to ninjutsu as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: