Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Using D20 Modern content in D20 Naruto

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Using D20 Modern content in D20 Naruto Reply with quote

Exactly as the title states, I was wondering if using D20 Modern classes for some of my Bad Guys would unbalance things, since some of them wont be ninja so none of the ninja based classes will really help me get that effect. Most of them will be ordinaries, but some of them will be Villians. I'm also looking at a few creatures from the D20 modern books. Any advice given on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jensik
Sharkbait

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto D20 is an add-on of Modern, so technically it's all kosher. I once had a Fast Hero/Infiltrator/Ninja Scout
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Modern classes are set for a "modern" setting, which Nd20 really isn't, but I don't see why they can't be made to fit.
jmantyk
Mr. Happy
Mr. Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming your players also have access to it 'tis all good. Ninja in mechs vs normal ninja may be a little bit one sided

FMA style alchemy, a WiP
Linked technique list
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it's a BBEG it's usually meant to be one-sided, that's why they're usually higher level, and made on a higher power system then teh players, with the penalty that there's only ONE of him/her

imo ninja mech suits would be the next step in the modern ninja's tool arsenal, i mean...it's pretty obvious stealth isn't all that important to 90% of them anyway...
blueskies05
Jounin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually considered Badass Barroom Brawler for my character in Sands. It has a rage and a cheap shot ability. Granted this is from their modern martial arts supplement, which I thought was interesting, and not core.

Im glad someone else has played an infiltrator. I would think it might be used as a template for generic recon ninja more often. Tai Master vs Martial Artist is interesting, but I think TM wins it out for Nar d20.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use whatever you think will make the game better, mon. If you want to use d20M classes, then use them.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i think it would make things more interesting since the BBEG is not a ninja. Mech suits.... uh... I think that would be a little TOO much.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just going off of a previous post :p

also mechs are kinda on teh brain, my RPG group recently found a good way of doing a gundam d20, so yeah...
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay with that cleared up, thanks for the advice. I'll just ask my next question here. I'm going to be attempting to write up the statblocks for these NPCs. If anyone would like to help me, or critique them, let me know my player frequent these forums so I don't want to post them where they can be publicly viewed.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can give my 2 cents, i'm my groups labeled optimizer, at least for DnD

I'll give any advice/critique I can but, I can't make any great promises
Mizuno Kaitsu
Kage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want something fun.. I allow a couple classes from d20 Future (with some minor adjustments) like the Dreadnought. Combine that with certain Tai-based classes and hilarity insues.

For my last campaign, the final boss was a Taekwon (see my homebrew class)/Dreadnought. Whenever he got surrounded, Whirlwind Kick with each person having to make a save vs knockdown.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like red foot Zeff, I'll look into a few of those classes. Could be interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: