Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Collaboration jutsu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollishar
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Collaboration jutsu Reply with quote

Something I think would be cool would be rules for two characters using seperate jutsu at the same time to create a more powerful effect, i.e. Naruto and Yamato in the kakuzu fight. Chapter 337, page 16, or shown by kakuzu in chapter 336. Page 11.
Also, i'd like to see elemental jutsu clashes, as explained by Yamato in Chapter 333 pages 12-15
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, collaboration jutsu are simple, the use of a readied action can help that or a better idea get together with your GM and see if he will allow players to train together to work on a collaboration jutsu, it should stick to the combination rules eg: both must be of the same type nin/nin tai/tai gen/gen that would easily cover a lot of things.
apollishar
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GM is very.... rulebook only oriented. If its not in the sourcebook, she doesn't want it in the game because she's afraid it won't be balanced properly
ultima22689
Kage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I suggest is pointing her to threads on the forum like the community section, almost nothing goes in there and comes out unbalanced thanks to the board tearing it apart and putting it back together, Naruto D20 has a lot of balanced homebrew, just check a thread and see if it has a bunch of posts about balance and see if the OP followed the advice, chances are it's balanced.
apollishar
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True enough. Everything that goes in there has been balanced as far as I've seen. But I haven't seen anything for this
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, point her to the rule book for combination jutsu, a collaboration jutsu can easily be made out of that. Example: Elemental Beat down rank 1: Goukakyuu + Elemental Beat down Rank 1: Gufuuran both have a 10d6 cap on damage, now, this would probably be a rank 5 or 6 collaboration jutsu that would probably be able to around 15d6 damage if fully empowered maybe more.

It would easily take double to triple the time to learn as you have to get the timing absolutely perfect I'd also say you'd need 9 ranks in chakra control so you don't overpower the other person's jutsu, thus ruining the whole thing. The chakra cost would have to be shared by both participants and it probably would be a bit higher considering.

Hope this helped. It might take awhile to learn that ability, but worth while in the end. Not for the 'I wants lots of techniques" type of player cause it will take a lot of time to learn/master the damage cap could be higher but I'm not sure for balance reasons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: