Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Rasen Shuriken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Rasen Shuriken Reply with quote

Hello all. Let me start by saying thank you in advance. My GM has informed me i can learn rasen shuriken (more precisely i get to create it) but he says it is too powerful that if I can weaken it then it'll be fine he suggested making the base damage 20d8 with a cap of 40d8 instead of the base being 40d8 with no level cap. So my question is, how should i progress the empower and how much extra chakra do you think it should cost? Below is the technique straight from the PDF.

Fuuton - Rasen Shuriken (Wind Release - Spiral Shuriken)
Ninjutsu (Fuuton; requires Chakra Control 20 ranks, Ninjutsu 20 ranks, Wind Affinity (Primary), Oodama Rasengan (5) and Rasengan (5)) [Uzumaki Naruto Kinjutsu]
Rank: 14 (Super S-Class); Learn DC: 31, 8 success; Perform DC: 39; Time: 1 fullround action; Duration: Instantaneous plus 2 rounds (see text); Saving Throws: Fortitude partial; Chakra Cost: 40.

This technique is the pinacle of Rasengan, and the same as the technique as the same name, except as noted above and as follow. The damage cap of the rasengan is increased to 40d8, and the perform DC of the technique does not increase. The maximum damage dealt is also not limited by the user's level.

In addition to being knocked back 2d6x5 feet, the target is caught in a vortex of lethal wind for 2 rounds on a failed Fortitude save. Every round spent in the vortex, the subject can take no action and suffers 3d6 points of wind damage and 1d6 points of permanent chakra coil damage. Creatures in a 10-feet radius burst suffer 2d6 points of wind damage
every round until they move out of the vortex's radius.

The Rasen Shuriken can only be kept for up to 3 rounds before using it, at which point it fades into nothingness. When using the rasen shuriken, if the attack connects, the user suffers 4d6 points of temporary chakra coil damage (Fortitude save DC 25 for half) and 1d10 points of Strength damage (Fortitude save DC 20 for half).

Mastery
The first, third and fifth step of mastery increase the duration of the vortex by 1 round. No chakra coil damage is dealt after the first two rounds.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to learn Rasenshuriken but you have to weaken it, then what's the point of learning it at all? You can decrease the die size to d6, but it's still not meant to be used by players. Ever.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D6's, that could work., thanks.
Aigol
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40d8 isn't the base damage the cap is 40d8 the damage is just not limited by level
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully empowering Rasenshuriken costs 73 chakra.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah when I read over it I explained that to my GM he no longer thinks it is overpowered since that would most likely be 3/4 of my chakra pool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: