Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Character Build Advice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> RPG General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Character Build Advice. Reply with quote

Hello, I'm going to be taking part in a pathfinder game soon, it's 5th level, and Ive got my character built, but I'm not sure exactly where to go from here first, since there are so many feats that I have lined up.

Warforged Fighter, level 5
Specializing in unarmed fighting and using TWF.

I've got a battlefist on each arm, which makes the warforged's slam attack deal 1d8, and increases unarmed damage as if I was large sized.

I have superior unarmed strike from Tome of Battle, which at this level WOULD be 1d6, increased to 1d8 with battlefist.

I also have a feat called beast strike, from Dragon MAgazine 355.
This feat allows me to add my slam or claw damage ON TOP of my unarmed damage, this makes my unarmed strike of 1d8 gain the slam damage of 1d8, not bad for 5th level.

Feats: Mithral Body(1st level)
Improved Unarmed Strike(Fighter 1)
Two-Weapon Fighting(Fighter 2)
Superior Unarmed Strike(3rd level)
Weapon Focus(unarmed) (Fighter 4)
BEast Strike(5th level)

my stats are str16. dex16, con14, int14, wis12, cha7

In this setting warforged are rare, even unheard of mostly, and haven't been given the name of warforged yet, they are merely sentient pieces of wood and metal brought to life by the gnomes working in teh forges, which are few and far between, and well hidden.

I have 2 battlefists(2600 gp each), and was considering getting a wand sheath(4000 gp), and a wand of repair light damage(750 gp)...so I could heal mid-battle without provoking Opportunity Attacks...this would only leave me with 150gp left though...so I'm unsure.

Bascially, from here the feats I'm planning on next level are possibly Imp TWF(extra off-hand attack), Weapon Specialization(+2 damage for main and off-hand), Power Attack(slightly different in Pathfinder, but damage output is nice, and off-hand CAn benefit from it), or Double Strike(off-hand gets full str bonus to damage), or Improved Natural Attack(makes slam 2d6, so 2d6 added to unarmed).

Any ideas are welcomed, I do not plan on remaking him for 5th level though, only seeking advice for further leveling.

Thanks in advance
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when can fighters use wands? i don't know about pathfinders, but in 3.5 only classes that actually have a spell list at some point can use wands or they can be used through use of Use Magic item.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Magic Device, in pathfinder skills work differently, you dont get x4 skill point at first level, and can put ranks into any skill at regular cost, class-skill for any class you have get a +3 bonus if you have at least 1 rank in it though, so assuming i put 8 ranks into UMD, even with my -2 cha mod, I can take a 10 to activate a wand of a 1st level spell iirc, if not this was only a possibility anyways, as it would take a large portion of my non weapon money.

I was also considering just getting a bunch of potions of repair light damage, for out of battle use...I need soemthing for healing, since warforged don't get nautral, and only recieve half magic healing.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way...gear in general wasn't what I was most worried about, mostly I wanted opinions on the feat list I suggested, or other feats I may have missed.

I get one next level(fighter 6) and in pathfinder you get a feat every odd level instead of 3rd, so fighter get a feat every level, though bonus feats are combat feats(fighter feats with a few more added)

So...feat suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> RPG General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: