Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Famous Shinobi
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Famous Shinobi Reply with quote

Currently taking suggestions for what famous ninja organizations, team or individual shinobi or warriors to include in a series that I will try to release semi-frequently.

Examples include the Kingin brothers, the mist's seven, the white fang, and I'm sure you can see where I'm going. No anime or manga stuff, only original suggestions.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!

Last edited by Frankto on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Naruto d20 Store
Brightblinder
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Hanzou, once we know more about him.

"Sometimes, in the course of human events, people get set on fire." - Unknown

"For me the battlefield is my home, and to live is to wage war." - Duke Hyou
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiyo?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to clarify: original suggestions. Not manga or anime stuff.

Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

original suggestions of famous ninja? how would they be famous if they're...well original?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because, surprisingly, I like to use my own material when I create a campaign. Cameo appearances are few and far-inbetween. Why would I bother making a list with detailed descrpitions about things that already exist? That would be a complete waste of my time.

I'm sure other GMs feel the same way.

SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm... perhaps a missing-nin Muujou Aishou that has Wolf companions and trains nin-wolves to be in his "pack" functioning as a group of bandits.

A group known as the Kamikaze that is comprised of some of greatest Fuuton jutsus across the nations that manipulates world politics to their own designs.

A genjutsu user that is known for an overwhelming doujutsu that drives others to commit suicide.
Redfire085
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya, first time poster here, just wanted to make sure, you want suggestions on original characters. Did you want stat blocks of player-made original characters or just their description?
In that case, i'll withhold my suggestion, not sure if it would work as i made it for a true narutoverse setting(and you did say nothing from the anime/manga) Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Redfire085 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not. I don't really want their descriptions, either, unless you feel compelled to provide them. This is the information I will be using:

Who he, she or they are.
What are they famous for?
What country do they belong to?

Brightblinder
Kage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, a famous association of ninja craftsmen, that make the "best" weapons a shinobi could ask for would be cool. They would a kind of fellowship that attempts to transcend loyalty to individual villages. So there would be members from any of the various ninja villages. They're less than exemplary levels of loyalty are forgiven because they are the best. A commodity no individual nation can afford to be without. Though some, like Kumogakure, might try.

"Sometimes, in the course of human events, people get set on fire." - Unknown

"For me the battlefield is my home, and to live is to wage war." - Duke Hyou
Redfire085
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, i'll give it a shot, my suggestion's name is Keiji Umada, he originates from the hidden snow village but decides to represent Konohagakure instead(didn't like how Dotou did things).

He is famous for being an 'arch-mage' amonst ninjutsu exclusive users(and being another who mastered water type jutsu without the need for water).
Senshen
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who he, she or they are.
Riki

Taijutsu, Assassinations, and Surfer speak.

Kirigakure

Fear my dragon army!

Dokuga Kazu
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't go wrong with using famous ninja as inspiration like Hattori Hanzo or Daisuke Togakure. A lot of the habits of these indivuduals is well known to enough make a fictional character based off of them.
for example, Hittori Hanzo was portrayed as a Samurai/Ninja. A good instance to make a sword user.
EDIT
I should also say he is considered one of the three "greatest" practitioners of Ninjutsu, so there is incentive to make the other stat block for some legendary nin.
Hell, this has got me thinking now, imma have to come up with some backgrounds now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hattori Hanzo, Kirigakure Saizo and Sarutobi Sasuke are all in there already. You know them as Sandaime's father and, unless I miss my guess, Hanzo of the Salamander and First (or, possibly though I doubt it, Second) Mizukage.

For the record, most, if not all shinobi, were portrayed as samurai in some way, shape or form.

Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I don't know where are you going to, Frankto. But i'll give some. I just hope you don't get upset, since I don't know if this is what you want. Also aslo, I apologize for my english right now, cause I'm going to write a lot and it's been months since I last wrote something.

Hey, Hattori Hanzo is a good one. I've been reading about him on Wikipedia, and if it's right, it's so cool! Oni no Hanzo for his feared tactics. Could be someone walking both ninja/samurai paths. Maybe a general who works for the village willing to pay.

Also, Masamune Ozaki? It's also a common name used on manga/anime, maker of extremely big swords that would fit the Narutoverse, and specially Naruto d20 with all that monkey grip feats and swordman things. Maybe some epic weaponsmith. I guess you don't need to know what is he famous for... Wink

Miyamoto Musashi anyone? I've read his book like thousands of times, and he can also fit the game. Missing-philosopher nin, known for beign unbeattable using katana and wakizashi, accepting few to none disciples... writing his book on every place he thinks fit... drooling on alcohol and women... Maybe a samurai who stayed in Konoha for a while? Konoha seem to be good-willed people that could help a lonesome man. Or Kiri, and he went undefeated there, thus earning reputation.

Also, what about an organization of wandering missing nin willing to aid others (yes, this is a 7 Samurai spin-off...). We have lots of orgs about destroying the world, bring chaos and dominate the bijuu, but I guess there's room for good guys too. I thought about this when I was reading about the Bloodline massacre on Kiri. Guess all that crazyness they went in should have developed some contrary shinobi (remember their chuunin exam is also devilish...), and thus some missing nin could form an organization to save people. Or maybe this organization is willing to takedown current Kiri leaders, in order to restore methods that aren't going against 'human rights'.

According to the manga, it seems there are some special weapons on Kiri, so you could even give some sealed weapons/objects.

Or maybe something like a Schindler list on Kiri, maybe? Being an island should make it escaping easier, kids escape, years pass and they form a group...

Another idea, in order to put all the sealed equipment into game, how about giving people an organization able to craft them and sell them? Some mix between shinobi and merchant. Players would need to work for them in order to get permits for highly ranked items. And of course, pay for them. I think it would fit, since it seems ninja are greedy and like money. Maybe you could even introduce a quest system, or a point system, to access to each type of item. Something similar to what we have on the mission tables. Or even a quest to help them stablish on player's village!

And the last one. I love martial arts tourneys on anime series. We've seen the chuunin exam with people watching how kids get ripped of. So, how about an org who keeps track on best fighters and gets them invited to an epic tourney, with an epic prize? Members should be extremely good sensors and pretty decent at shadow arts so they don't get caught when spying the possible tourney champions. Players could get invited/be asked to spy. This tourney would be famous cause it's only once every 50 years or so, and it grants a wish to the winner, since it would be a tourney for the most important feudal lords to enjoy.

That's everything I can think of now. Hope it helps. And that you don't hit me at all XD

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Infinitus
Holiday Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, something like?

This is by no means a suggestion, more like a question.

Konoha Ninjutsu Research Unit #20
Purpose: The Konoha Ninjutsu Research Unit #20 is a fiercely loyal elite group of Ninjutsu specalists and problem solvers. They also function as a reasearch tank for Ninjutsu countermeasures to threats against Konoha.
Members: 6
Description and Customs: Funded quite heavily by Konoha and the Land of Fire, the KNRU #20 is composed of elite ninjas and mercenaries. It is integrated into Konohas internal security operations and functions from time to time as Hunter-nin and ANBU when Konoha is confronted with a Ninjutsu heavy problem.
They also carry out spot checks of Konoha's security and using mind probing techniques to validate the attitude of ANBU personel. They are also up for maintaining observation of important suspects and Research teams.
Members are expected to be loyal to Konoha. When members come up for initiation they are expected to offer lavish gifts to their superiors.
KNRU #20 will use any means necessary to achieve a desired result. In the unit success is the only measure of status. Failure is not acceptable, but even so it happens. Deserters will be hunted down by the members of KNRU #20 as an act of honor.
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Elon Musashi Miyamoto is fine but I must point out that many Japanese historians believe he cheated in his duel against Kojiro Sasaki.

Fear my dragon army!

Dokuga Kazu
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senshen wrote:
Hey Elon Musashi Miyamoto is fine but I must point out that many Japanese historians believe he cheated in his duel against Kojiro Sasaki.

In battle there is no cheating, really. By the standards of the swordsman' code of hono he might have, but in survival no. Also remember that Ninja were believed cowardly by Samurai because they used stealth, contraptions, set ups, and "cheap moves" to defeat their opponent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chaos4knuckles
Younin Commander

Location: The border of the Village Hidden in the Valley of the Sun, & Reno, the realm of Power

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not a group based on the eight immortals of Taoism?

redheadedtechie
Genin

Location: The heart of retirement central . . . so many old people

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who he, she or they are.
Karuto

Cult of ninjas searching for "the chosen one." Dress alike, hate everyone who doesn't believe the chosen one exists.

From all countries/villages, but many say main base is somewhere in Tsuchi no Kuni.
Senshen
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dokuga Kazu wrote:
Senshen wrote:

In battle there is no cheating, really. By the standards of the swordsman' code of hono he might have, but in survival no. Also remember that Ninja were believed cowardly by Samurai because they used stealth, contraptions, set ups, and "cheap moves" to defeat their opponent.

Except Musashi Miyamoto was a Samurai not a Ninja and it was an official Duel not a battle.

Fear my dragon army!

Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will never know what he was. In fact, we will never know anything about anyone at 100% cause we weren't there, and we will not be. We can just read what others want to say and form our opinion based on theirs.

But the fact is he was important enough for his name to survive to our days, and that he wrote something strange and awesome (because the five rings book is awesome for me) for a man of his era, that's all. Keep in topic people!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Dokuga Kazu
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senshen wrote:
Dokuga Kazu wrote:
Senshen wrote:

Except Musashi Miyamoto was a Samurai not a Ninja and it was an official Duel not a battle.

You are correct, he may not have been a ninja, but he did not ascribe to the typical code of a Samurai either.
Even in official fights, thinking outside the box can be the difference between victory and defeat. And in those days, life and death.

And on that note I will follow Elon's instruction and try to remain on topic.

Well, with the game I am planning I created an Amegakure Ninja who is a Poison expert with the Sabiketsu Bloodline who utilizes Kosen Ryu. I haven't quite made a back story for him yet, but it is something to work with for now.
I made one of his strategies to use sealed scroll with poisoned kunai/shuriken to litter the field with them and then use Killer Magnet Combo on a restrained victim.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny story, I already have both Sasaki Kojiro and Miyamoto Musashi in my campaign. Well, kind of, anyway. Team Sasaki is led by Sasaki Musashi :p

Dokuga Kazu
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is always fun to incorporate real life famous persons in a campaign. I usually distort them for the worst for some reason.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<__< I tend to pull in people similar to those in other manga.
Redfire085
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dokuga Kazu wrote:
Can't go wrong with using famous ninja as inspiration like Hattori Hanzo or Daisuke Togakure. A lot of the habits of these indivuduals is well known to enough make a fictional character based off of them.
for example, Hittori Hanzo was portrayed as a Samurai/Ninja. A good instance to make a sword user.
EDIT
I should also say he is considered one of the three "greatest" practitioners of Ninjutsu, so there is incentive to make the other stat block for some legendary nin.
Hell, this has got me thinking now, imma have to come up with some backgrounds now.

Didn't Hanzo historically(or rumored at least) serve the Tokugawa clan? Or was that just a Samurai Warriors depiction of his character?
Archangel
Super Pervert
Super Pervert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rikimaru, Ayame, Tesshu, Onikage and Tatsumaru from the Tenchu series?

-Jiraiya
Killercloud
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who he, she or they are.
Toketsu Kuromaki

Abducting all the women of a small village, experimenting on them, and sending them out to various locations as mindless living bombs, committing mass murder, and terrorism. Each were tattooed with his name so the world knew he was responsible.

None; Mercenary (Formerly involved with Oto)

I will have my Vengeance.
Asra
Chuunin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two ideas.

Who he, she or they are.
A group of blood-thirsty shinobi who believe that holders of the kekki genkai are tainted and responsible for most of the shinobi world's problems.

Assassinating and terrorizing holders of kekkei genkai.

Formerly an open group of shinobi in the Hidden Mist, they've recently gone underground.

Who he, she or they are.
The Stone Fist, "The Rock Fist of Tsuchigakure". A small group of shinobi famous for serving as bodyguards for high profile figures and for coldly going about any task in the most straight-forward, effective way possible.

Taijutsu, Serving as stalwart bodyguards for whoever can afford to hire them and a cold, methodical way of handling any task.

Tsuchigakure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: