Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Template Updates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultima22689
Kage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Template Updates Reply with quote

I wouldn't call it all that urgent but at the time they captured a lot of the Naruto flavor, some people like templates more than others like myself. The official templates are pretty cool. It's been a long time since any of them were updated or any new ones were added. Ghastly Inheritance for example only goes to Sasuke and Naruto's fight at the waterfall while it is far more advanced than that. There is another bijuu which we have seen extensively in use and training where they become in control. Not to mention many of the other interesting abilities shown in the show.

Would it be possible to see them updated in the future?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, it'd be possible. But then you have to consider that it's also possible for the eath to be destroyed by an enormous asteroid. Generally, you should take that as a "don't hold your breath."

If I'm suddenly very motivated, I might do it. That is, make a generalized Rage component depending on the number of tails. But most likely I won't. Honestly, I'm running on fumes.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was said a long time ago, most of the "omfg" material will not be added for game breaking reasons... but the same was said for other things too.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sengoku System
Me: the hizoku attacks you with his yari, your actions?

Max: I evade with a 13 and counter attack with a 1,000... *pause for silence*
kazuya
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shun wrote:
It was said a long time ago, most of the "omfg" material will not be added for game breaking reasons... but the same was said for other things too.

honestly the way i see it the game breaking component of the omfg stuff that could be added to the main file and templates .... yeah it could break the game but isnt it the GM's responsability to keep that from happening? that is my point of view as a player in games as well as from a GM stand point from when i have run the games i have, i feel that the GM should feel totally able to tell his players what they can and cant have at the time of creation as well as when the game progresses. players should also talk with their GM's about their overall plan for the characters because it gives the GM a reason to expand on his/her own story line for the game being run.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue is, a lot of player's follow the "if it's in the mainfile why not?" argument, and saying "because I said so" is just never enough, this is why a lot of game-breaking stuff is released in supplements, like the sage's handbook for example, so by separating it from the mainfile, the player's might not be as quick to automatically assume it should be allowed(not to mention disclaimers, suggesting not allowing certain abilities in player's hands).
Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can speak from that, I like the Shinmei Ryu (which is in the mainfile) I often find myself wanting to use it, if I make a swordsman character. However, it is quite a bit more powerful then the standard Kenjutsu (so long as it is used like it should be) which keeps most GMs away from it, which is understandable, but it never really changes the fact that they are there and you wanna use them.

GMs should always consider if content is not fit for a campaign (and there are plenty where the Shinmei Ryu isn't fit, such a games with no unnatural creatures, like Dragons, constructs and the like loads of animal, or reptile creatures) I like the normal Kenjutsu (mostly Iaido techs) so I am typically okay with not being allowed unique styles. I have known some inconsistent GMs (at least in IRL games, it's horrible as he tends to favor his girlfriend a lot, swearing he doesn't)
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dairius_Chi wrote:
The issue is, a lot of player's follow the "if it's in the mainfile why not?" argument, and saying "because I said so" is just never enough, this is why a lot of game-breaking stuff is released in supplements, like the sage's handbook for example, so by separating it from the mainfile, the player's might not be as quick to automatically assume it should be allowed(not to mention disclaimers, suggesting not allowing certain abilities in player's hands).

I've had players do the same thing. Not to say that I am not guilty of wanting some of the "OMFG" stuff available. But, I always regulated things such as that in the campaigns that I run on a "you ask, I approve or disapprove" basis. That seems to work with my players pretty well. Most of them have enough common sense to realize that certain things are just over-powered or they are too powerful at that moment in the campaign. Occasionally, my answer may change down the road if the campaign has reached a point where it would be more feasible to allow more powerful abilities. Either that, or I gave it to them from the start, but I limited its use/unlocking to story-driven moments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: