Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Kamitora Summons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thani
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Kamitora Summons Reply with quote

Okay, so basicly its like a normal creature exept for the looks?
Does that mean it gets feats, skillpoints and all that? Also, does
it have an intelligence score so its capable of thinking on its own?
Or does that also depend on what kind of summon it is?

Ex; Lets say I have a level 10 guy who can summon these things, I choose to draw and later summon an 8 HD magical beast... in the d20 modern book, it sais a huge magical beast has the minimum HD of 8d10... so, can I summon it? Also, if I do, does it then have the 1+(Int Modifier)+(1 per 4 HD) number of feats?

So if I choose to draw a magical beast with a club, then I give it the feat Simple Weapon Proficiency, does that work?

Last question, would it be able to select Summon feats like Giant Size?

Thanks in advance, Thani.
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely familiar with the Kamitora abilities, but I'm sure that the creatures you summmon follow their original creature entries to the letter. I would assume it has the same sort of intelligence score, since the entry says that they act on their own.

But, Summon Feats won't apply to these creatures.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see the monster's entry in the d20 modern manual or other book? You summon that. Exactly that. You cannot modify it any other way than the rules for increasing a creature's HD once you have that ability due to the Kamitora bloodline.
Thani
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I thought that it would be pretty odd to summon blink dogs, invisible stalkers and kobolds. Something more fitting to the world would be better.
(Though I have no idea how one would be able to draw an invisible stalker.)

EDIT: Also, after a creature is summoned, does the drawn image still remain on the paper? Also, if one were to draw something on their skin, like a tattoo, would it work? And would that creature then be made out of ink and skin?
If so, would it work with blood and paper or cloth or whatever?
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rule that you'd only be able to 'draw' creatures you heard of in tales or legends. So you could possible draw goblins, demons, some fey, etc.

I'd imagine you could create it to look aesthetically however you please, but if you look at Sai's drawings... they are very artistically rendered and not in great detail. The image that was on the paper is gone after you summon the creature.
Thani
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright. Then I have a final question...

Can I draw people like myself and my friends?
Would they retain their bloodline powers? Neutral
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you drew a person it'd likely just have the statistics of the base Human in the MM.

The way I see this working is similar to making a mindless undead, where it only retains racial HD.
Thani
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a base human would most likely have class... so its it possible to draw, for example, a shinobi bodyguard out of paper?
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, by base human I mean like 1d8 racial HD for a humanoid, since it says if they have less then 1 HD then they are made with 1, humans' racial HD are d8, normally they have class levels...but you can't capture that with the bloodline, neither their feats, skills, or bloodline abilities. Making a person would just be a 1d8 HD stardard array 15,14,13,12,10,8 setup humanoid.
Thani
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if I draw a small frog for example, how do I draw it to be 8 HD instead 1?
Also, can I draw items along with the creature? Isn't it so that Sai draws an umbrella then uses it?
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Later on you get the ability to advance a creaturem but not beyond what that creature can be advanced to...so a frog which always has like 1/4d8, will always have 1HD, but a bear with 7 might have the ability to go up to 11 HD, and then 12-15 it'll be huge. You just follow the rules for advancement in the creature's entry, and if advancement is "By class levels" then you cannot advance it past what it has in the entry.

While he may have been able to in the show, I personally don't remember it from the manga(which is what Frankto follows for his material), and it likely isn't that important.

If I had to make a rule though...takes 1 minute to draw/3 purchase DC, then costs 1 chakra/5purchase DC for items. They'd have no hardness and half the normal HP of an item of that type, and nothing too complicated.

That's just an off the top of my head thing though...honestly I see little use, and it would just be a waster of chakra. I mean an umbrella is more for RP unless your GM makes you roll fortitude saves to avoid getting pneumonia
Thani
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems pretty legit.

Also, it seems that if they come back and "jump" onto/into the paper, they make themselves into a drawing again.
Naruto d20 Store
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh...they take only a few minutes to draw anyways, and it doesn;t even cut into training/crafting time....so I wouldn't worry about it.

If I were to do that though, I'd say they keep their HP value, don't heal while in drawing form, and only have the remaining duration left next time they are summoned, not to mention having to be paid for again. So you'd get a used drawing for the same cost, but saves the trouble of a craft check you cal likely just take a 10 on, and 5-20 minutes.
Thani
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a world of ninjas, you cant really make anything useful for battle until you get the advanced summons then, can you? Its not like a wolf will be of any use in combat... and no huge birds to fly on, so basicly they are useful for making small spies that can be controlled by the user flawlessly, right?
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part, though a basic wolf can still be a decent ally early on, and since it gets the stats of the creature that means if you make something with not so many HD, like a bear, it still gets its awesome con bonus to HP, and later on you can advance their HD to as far as they allow in the MM.

But yeah...aside from being decent diversions, flanking buddies, and scouts...they are rather fragile early on.
Thani
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it would be more like my other characters summoned toads, but it can in no way compare to their level of kickass... Thanks anyway man.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, summons have infinitely more combat utility, but also on average a much much higher cost for when they actually become strong.

No problem, it's a little confusing of a bloodline, but you just gotta make a character who can work with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: