Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Stone Shuriken + Sneak Attack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thani
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Stone Shuriken + Sneak Attack Reply with quote

Okay, so my Character is a level 3 Fast Hero/6 Ninja Scout with an earth affinitiy... I have a basic Sneak Attack for +2d6 and then I use the technique for +1d6 Sneak attack, which I combine with the Stone Shuriken Technique to throw 5 stone shurikens (fully empowered for 6 chakra) that take 1d6 earth damage each in one action, followed by a Heroic Surge with 5 more Stone Shuriken.

So with 1d6 earth +3d6 sneak attack damage per shuriken, in one round I throw 10 shurikens at my highest ranged attack bonus.

If all hit thats 40d6 damage in one round, even if one third of them hits its still a pretty big deal.

I just have to ask, is this legit for a 9th level ninja? ._.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless a technique specifies, it cannot gain sneak attack damage. This includes Taijutsu
Thani
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It specifically sais it can not crit... doesn't say anything about sneak attack damage. Why would it not apply?

Edit: Would it not say something like "the user cannot deal sneak attack damage when using this technique." like it does with some of the other techniques like Kenjutsu: Kessen Ougi?
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That I can't answer, all I know is somewhat recently someone stated that taijutsu techniques cannot gain sneak attack unless they specifically state they do...it's only a short moment to assume the same for ninjutsu requiring attack rolls.

You might also go by what is generally assumed with many attacks, being that only one/the first gains sneak attack damage.

Last edited by Dairius_Chi on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any attack that originates directly from you?such as a melee attack or a ranged or thrown weapon attack made within 30 feet?gains sneak attack bonus to damage, unless it specifies otherwise. Any other technique, unless it specifies, does not?unless it specifies otherwise. This includes Ishi Shuriken.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Thani
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright, thanks man. I know you cant type that sht in on every technique, but since it allready sais "cannot score a critical hit.", ya mind adding that it cant do any sneak attack damage in the next update? If you dont feel like it, thats cool. Thanks for answering anyhow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: