Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

The Hozuki Bloodline

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brightblinder
Kage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: The Hozuki Bloodline Reply with quote

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be nagging or anything. I'm just wondering if you plan to do the Bloodline for the Hozuki clan, or if you even consider their turning into water ability to be a bloodline at all.

"Sometimes, in the course of human events, people get set on fire." - Unknown

"For me the battlefield is my home, and to live is to wage war." - Duke Hyou
kakuro
ANBU Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somebody already did a take on it bro.

http://www.narutod20.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1253&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=suigetsu
Brightblinder
Kage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. I like it.

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question, I already have the specifics fleshed out and have had for months. I just can't be arsed to finish it.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Brightblinder
Kage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I can imagine you have a lot on your plate.

Thani
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning into water, cant wait...

Can it be used as a material component? For example, could a person create a water clone out of the water that I turn into? Cause that would be pretty sweet.
Brightblinder
Kage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it would be painful, like someone taking a chunk out of your arm to use for something.

Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly what it would be like...imagine if you will, a person whose arms are made of stone due to a technique, how do you think it would affect them to shoot their arms off as a blast of mud once the duration ends? I'd imagine not well...

Water is a little easier to work with, but that's your body you're using their...not the brightest idea >.>
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thani wrote:
Turning into water, cant wait...

Can it be used as a material component? For example, could a person create a water clone out of the water that I turn into? Cause that would be pretty sweet.

Yes, I imagine killing yourself to make a clone of yourself, the creation of which requiring your weight in water, would be a bucket of fun.

SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:
Thani wrote:
Yes, I imagine killing yourself to make a clone of yourself, the creation of which requiring your weight in water, would be a bucket of fun.
This sounds so badass.
Thani
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirShadow wrote:
Frankto wrote:
Thani wrote:
This sounds so badass.

Sounds like an incredibly nice way to kill someone from this bloodline.

Last edited by Thani on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think other people can use your body against your will...given that that would be a REALLY stupid way to die >.>

Or it would be like, you turn into their mizu bunshin, then just turn back into yourself...kind of like a shapeshifter
Madara
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dairius_Chi wrote:
I don't think other people can use your body against your will...given that that would be a REALLY stupid way to die >.>

Or it would be like, you turn into their mizu bunshin, then just turn back into yourself...kind of like a shapeshifter

You could use them for the Water Whip technique though- it's the only suiton jutsu (as far as i've noticed) that requires roughly the same amount of water as there is in the human body, and they technically are a source of water.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can you use someone else's mizu bunshin for jutsu? Pretty sure you can't, and if that's the case then you couldn't for this. If it was just a created mass of water maybe, but when it's being manipulated by someone else's chakra currently I think that makes it off-limits
Madara
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dairius_Chi wrote:
So can you use someone else's mizu bunshin for jutsu? Pretty sure you can't, and if that's the case then you couldn't for this. If it was just a created mass of water maybe, but when it's being manipulated by someone else's chakra currently I think that makes it off-limits

I didnt mean the clone, I was referring to the person with the bloodline when they turn into water. But I realise that it would never be allowed by any GM, in a proper campaign anyway, though it would be fun.
There is actually no rule against using a clone as a source of water, just common sense for the reasons you stated.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bloodline is kind of your body is made of water, and kept solid by your chakra, so using common sense it would follow the same guidelines as a mizu bunhin >.>
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, it's funny because you're all wrong. The bloodline isn't a bloodline at all, it's something called the Hydration Technique?Suika no Jutsu.

The body requires a large amount of water to sustain itself, but no actual food. Similarly, since you don't have any internal organs, you can't recover hit points by resting but rather by absorbing more water.

Therefore, using your own water would not only be extremely dangerous, but the only possible benefit would be to create enhanced effects to existing techniques, much as Blood Magic does in D&D.

Your speculating as it is has little to no purpose. My advice? Wait, like everyone else. It'll come out eventually. And then you can complain about it to me in email because you don't like it for one reason or another like everyone else's been doing for the past 7 years.

Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually about to mention the fact that...can it really be a bloodline if they don't have any blood?

Either way, that being the case I look forward to it, though it seems like it would work better as a template then as a technique, since there doesn't seem to be a way of cancelling it, just getting so weak they turn into a puddle of water.

To be clear: Since they have no internal organs they wouldn't be subject to sneak attack or critical hits, right?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on earth would I make this a technique? As a matter of fact, don't answer that.

SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except, doesn't he use himself as the component for techniques in the video games? I suppose you could just say he has a special training technique that allows him to absorb himself or something, but meh, I dunno.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto: Didn't you just bring up the fact that it's a technique? I don't think it should be either but I was merely voicing my opinion on the idea.

SirShadow: That is also a video game, and like Frankto said, it's basically be like blood magic from DnD for someone under this effect
Madara
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:
See, it's funny because you're all wrong. The bloodline isn't a bloodline at all, it's something called the Hydration Technique?Suika no Jutsu.

Didn't Suigetsu get his abilities due to Orochimaru experimening on him rather than through a technique? If so, isn't it more of a template? I'm aware that there is a hydration technique but I thought that was just one aspect of the abilities. Then again, I don't read the manga and only watch the interesting bits of the animie, so I may well be wrong with this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: