Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

[Relics Repository] Feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Supplements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: [Relics Repository] Feedback Reply with quote

Let me know what you liked, disliked or think could be improved, or simply what you thought of the book.

A lot of time and effort went into making this supplement as good as possible in as little time as possible, and so I would very much appreciate it if you considered donating anything you feel comfortable, but if that means nothing at all, then I'm fine with that too. I've included some easy links to donate the following amounts with only one click: 3$, 5$ or 10$.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
GodslayersINC
Chuunin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st correction ive seen thus far is

Quote:
Quickloaded [Armor]
Superior (Lv 7) DC 22
Item Slot: Weapon (any projectile or ballistic weapon)
Property: The weapon can be reloaded more quickly, as though the wielder had the
Quick Reload feat. If the wielder had the Quick Reload feat, this seal has no additional
effect.

Obviously meant to be a weapon seal but listed as a Armor seal (Just a typo not sure how much you care)

Im not sure how much these items where play tested but these two things immediately caught my eye as being pretty strong for how low level that can be obtained.

Earth Sense [Armor]
Minor (Lv 6) Tremor Sense is very hard to get currently (As is any sort of ranged blindsense etc) To only be a minor seems like it completely blows away any thing else thats the same level, or even much higher level to be honest.

True Iaito
Dunno maybe this one is just personal feelings. The Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu are pretty stout and this very effectively takes away the only handy cap that Iaijutsu has in D20.

Over all I think it looks pretty good. Some good things for both players and GM's to use. Great Job as always Frankto.
black_fox9653
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First i just want to say that this is a fantastic piece of work, and i will be putting it to great use very soon, and ofcourse, Thank You Frankto for it.

However after getting to the end it kinda seems that there is at least 1 page missing. The last ability of Shibuki, the Exploding Blade seems to be cut off and the training technique for the seven swords is missing.
chaoticangel97
Younin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to say, I love this and I can't wait to use these in my games. I want to thank you for all the hard work you put into this.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

black_fox9653 wrote:
First i just want to say that this is a fantastic piece of work, and i will be putting it to great use very soon, and ofcourse, Thank You Frankto for it.

However after getting to the end it kinda seems that there is at least 1 page missing. The last ability of Shibuki, the Exploding Blade seems to be cut off and the training technique for the seven swords is missing.

I downloaded it and had no problems getting to the last page, which was a item slot sheet.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same, I'd suggest you try to download it again.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GodslayersINC wrote:
Minor (Lv 6) Tremor Sense is very hard to get currently (As is any sort of ranged blindsense etc) To only be a minor seems like it completely blows away any thing else thats the same level, or even much higher level to be honest.

Very hard to get is not the word I'd use.

Quote:
True Iaito
Dunno maybe this one is just personal feelings. The Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu are pretty stout and this very effectively takes away the only handy cap that Iaijutsu has in D20.

A bonus to attack rolls?ONLY attack rolls?for one attack per round? Yeah, I'm not seeing the issue.

Quote:

All I can say is to download it again. I have no problems there.

GodslayersINC
Chuunin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Iaito strength lies in no longer having to use a move action to re sheath which is unlimited and the lowest type. Im not saying its OPed but it strength stands out way outshining any of its other abilities. However after re-looking at the Hiten Mitsurugi since most of the high damage skills are full-round actions and Nd20 doesnt use D20's Iaijutsu rules i retract the statement. Still a very good item makes the swordsman have more of a flow.

The tremor sense stuff...

Human/Earth Tremorsense Lose a feat and Primary element Earth only.

Ninpou: Chisendou Tanchi (Ninja Art: Tremorsense) Earth Primary only

Jitousha no Jutsu (Ear Projection Technique) 6 level tech 10 foot blindsight but not valid for combat due to taking an attack action to maintain(Concentration).

Kenjutsu: Dachi - Tenken 9 level tech granting blindsense at 1 foot a level so the seal better than the tech till level 20.

Ketsuyoujutsu: Kudou (Blood Sorcery: Path of Pain) 30 foot blindsense with a feat required and double damage if hit and only for 5 rounds

All-Seeing Eye (Byakugan) feat so uses to feat for 30 foot blindsense at level 12.

Level 6 enchant is easier than all those options and better than most. Once again not saying its OPed just saying its a far superior choice to the other things of the same level.

You dont seem to agree which is fine, at the end of the day the only opinion that true matters is your own. The only reason it even caught my eye was working on a character recently that needed blind/tremor sense and came to the conclusion that to use either in combat you pretty much HAD to be Earth Primary OR Byakugan.
black_fox9653
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... yeah downloading again seems to have fixed it. Very Happy

I was also wondering about something tho.

Nuibari, the Threading Needle's Stitching power says Nuibari cannot be used to attack when a creature is stitched. Does this just mean it can't attack the creature that is Stitched, or does it mean that if you have a creature stitched you can't attack anyone with Nuibari?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't attack with Nuibari when you have a creature stitched. You can make a grapple check to deal damage as Nuibari to the stitched creature(s).

Tremorsense is a lot less powerful than blindsight or even blindsense in almost all situations. As for the True Iaito? You can sheathe it as a free action once per round. And yes, it's a good item.

black_fox9653
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See that's what I thought but I don't understand how that fits in with the training technique for it. If you can't attack when a creature is stitched, then how can you stitch multiple creatures and do damage to all of them with a grapple??
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should probably read the rules for grapple. -_-

The training should read:

Nuibari, the Threading Needle: The stitching power of Nuibari affects all creatures attacked in a round. When the character makes a grapple check to deal damage, all grappled creatures must defend against the attempt.

Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Avoidance Suit [Armor, Sealed Item]
This light suit of armor can quicken the wearer's movements when avoiding attacks.
Sealed Item (any light armor)
Minor (Lv 6) +1 DC 16 Greater (Lv 14) +3 DC 37
Superior (Lv 10) +2 DC 27
Enhancement: Defense
Power (3/day, free action): Use when using an avoidance technique. Gain a bonus equal
to the enhancement bonus of the avoidance suit.
Power (1/day, free action): As the above power, but the attempt does not count towards
your daily limit

The abilities here are free actions, though avoidance techniques are almost always used on an opponent's turn, and you can't do free actions on opponents' turns.
black_fox9653
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what I think you are getting at is that with the training tech you are able use the Stitching ability on all opponents attacked in a round during a full attack action, is that right??
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dairius_Chi wrote:
The abilities here are free actions, though avoidance techniques are almost always used on an opponent's turn, and you can't do free actions on opponents' turns.

That is a false statement. Free actions are NOT restricted to your own turn ruleswise. There are examples of free actions you can take during other turns, such as opposed grapple checks and concentration checks.

Speaking is a free action, that according to the SRD 'can even be used during an opponent's turn'. This means free actions are mostly restricted to your turn unless an ability explicitly states it isn't.

In case of this item, it explicitly states when you use these actions. Whether or not it is during an opponent's turn is irrelevant.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

black_fox9653 wrote:
So what I think you are getting at is that with the training tech you are able use the Stitching ability on all opponents attacked in a round during a full attack action, is that right??

I believe that is what it explicitely says, yes. Word for word.

black_fox9653
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the initial clarification on Nuibari, i will now continue to kiss the ground you walk on for this lovely suppliment, hey, who am i kidding, i never stopped.

Another question has come up after looking through it again.

The Irongut [Armor] seal has two levels, Superior and Greater, but doesnt seem to add anything extra for the Greater, is this a typo??
Zatoichi
Chuunin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiramekarei
Using Constitution instead of Strength seems unusual. Sure, Con represents your aerobic/endurance capacity... but it seems a little unintuitive if you say, created a Gigantic human with 26 strength and 14 Con to only be able to swing it around for 3 rounds. While an 8 Str, 18 Con human can swing it around for 5. Rolling Eyes

Alternatively, you could just say... that it's 125 lb. Which would send many lower-strength characters into heavy encumberance. And that confers a -2 penalty to strength and speed ranks, as well as preventing the use of several techniques and most importantly, evasion.

The same sort of thing could be said about Kubikiribōchō since little Suigetsu seemed to have a problem with it and Zabuza did not.

Perhaps a combination of strength and constitution, like the Strength Rank 6 exemption. Or using whichever modifier is higher.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to do that, no. And there is a big difference between musclar strength and musclar endurance. Considering what Chojuro pulled with Hiramekarei, I'd say it's a fair bet that strength isn't the issue, wouldn't you?

It isn't that he has an issue lifting it, it's just that he can only do it for so long before being fatigued. Hence, Constitution.

Senshen
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I like how all of the Seven swords were done in fact the whole book is great. The only question I have is how would the Venom-Storing seal would work with the Sabiketsu bloodline-template because a GM told me that based on the rules in the book Sabiketsu can't be put on a weapon before hand. So would this seal allow me to do that?

Fear my dragon army!

Zatoichi
Chuunin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. Razz

Overall it looks really good, though.
kakuro
ANBU Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking thorough the section for the Seven Swordsmen and found no mention of Fuinjutsu: Shuntori Fuuin in there or in the main file. Is it something that's going to be added in the next update?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you should use the search function.

TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just a quick thing to make note of;
The Purifying Pot still uses Fuinjutsu: Seishin Fuuin Shiki, and so hasn't been updated to reflect the new translation of Shiki Fuujin (Death God Imprisonment) for that technique. Just thought it ought to be thrown out, so it could be changed if and when the Relics Repository gets an update.

Ta,
TheTrulyAvaricious
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because those are separate techniques and have nothing to do with each other.

TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, right. My mistake then, it did seem odd at the time. Where can I find the technique the Relics Repository refers to? It's not present in the main file.

Thanks again,
TheTrulyAvaricious
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the recent changes to the Dead Bone Pulse ability, a section found in the Calcium Cleaver' at-will ability regarding applying the ability to attack and damage rolls is no longer necessary.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been updated a while back, just not in the current file. For the sake of full disclosure, here is what it does now.

Power (At-Will, free action): Use when creating a bone weapon with the bone weapon extraordinary ability. The bone weapon deals greater damage; a small bone weapon deals 1d6 damage, a medium bone weapon deals 1d8 damage, and a large bone weapon deals 1d10 damage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Supplements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: