Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

My first Bingo Book page.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
demoralizer
ANBU Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: My first Bingo Book page. Reply with quote

Hello everyone. Just wanted to display my latest style NarutoD20 inspired art. You may recognize the character, Kyashi Kensaii... But he remains as a pivotal role in my Narutoverse for my campaign (this time as a villain). Keep in mind I haven't yet acquired my Digital Drawing Tablet. As such, it is important to know that I prefer to color manga digitally, so these pictures remain without color or shading. I think you will find a likeness to them if you enjoy manga though.

Without color: Kyashi Kensaii Bingo Book Page
With color: Kyashi Kensaii Bingo Book Page

Special thanks to Frankto for the Bingo Book tools and his guidance on how to make this possible.

If I did not make it obvious though, the picture of Kyashi is drawn by me. Haha. I also went ahead and colored/cleaned it up on gimp, as with the scaling some of the line work meshed and such. Thoughts?
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason why the bounty is higher for his non-coloured version? (perhaps it's a more rare variet?) :p

The page itself looks fine, although I don't particularly like the use of greens and reds in the text (or the typeface).

As for the person, he seems to be an extreme attempt to make an 'awesome' character. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I personally don't really like it :p.

But this is about art, and the character is well-drawn. (I prefer the black and white, though his eyes look...weird in the black and white)
demoralizer
ANBU Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Athildur.

In the black and white picture, some of the really fine linework meshed together when I scaled the image to fit on the page. I will henceforth draw images in the proper size to alleviate resizing as much as possible.

And the bounty is different because the colored one isn't updated. Smile

Oh, by the way, he is an NPC Athildur. His background plays a part in the current storyline.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The black and white looks better IMO.
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demoralizer wrote:
Oh, by the way, he is an NPC Athildur. His background plays a part in the current storyline.

I am aware. It still feels too tryhard. If you know what I mean. Not that I should care since it's not my campaign, but whatever Razz
demoralizer
ANBU Leader

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the feedback gentlemen. Anyone else?
NinjaCP
Master of Space and Time

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me wish I could draw more than just Feynman diagrams. ;_;
demoralizer
ANBU Leader

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question and comment. I will be developing more and more of these as my campaign carries on. Is anyone interested in seeing more of these?

Also, if you are GMing and wish to use these characters in your campaign (atleast as a picture basis for an NPC or player character) be my guest. I'd be honored if anyone thought I was talented enough to use my pictures in such a way.

Let me know.

-DEMORALIZER
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Artwork All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: