Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Stupid stacking buffs are stupid
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Epics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redfire085
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infinitus wrote:
Karen wrote:
Your arguing that sage content can break the game when GM's were warned by frankto that the book is dangerously strong? I'm sorry I just don't see the problem. I mean, the other two techs you mentioned are Kinjutsu no? Those techs don't just fall into player hands. I think the gates might not be though...

keksmuzh wrote:
As a disclaimer:
This is entirely theoretical. I do not expect any sane GM to allow this to run or any player who legitimately wants the game to be fun for everyone to use it. Though technically a GM could make this into a terrifying boss...

Ehh... well, I have nothing to say here actually. Just wainted to answer the first quote, with the second quote.

Sooner or later a gamebreaking mechanic will surface anyways.

Yeah, like every single campaign i ever dmed(which is sad, i kinda woulda hoped that i knew more about the system than my friends/group)

EDIT: anyways, more on topic: I may have to borrow that idea, wouldn't get the full extent right away, but would slowly fill my players with fear Twisted Evil
wash17
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one's posted here in a while-

a comparison to stupid stacking actions are stupid:

Heroic surge, elemental pinnacle, ninja scout quicken tech, chacra buffer, and genjustsu master pinnacle: 27 levels give you 4 attack actions for techs, 2 actions can be dropped to move actions, and a swift for say......flying spoons?

This counter to sage mode would pretty much just try to blow through all the damage absorption in one round, with the 5-6 damage dealing techs, +a few low powered attacks.

Alternative title:
How to succeed at destroying a city in under 6 seconds without really trying
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quicken Technique cannot be used with the Elementalist or Genjutsu Master abilities >.>
keksmuzh
Kage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, Darius. However, you can get something similar, though less efficient, by replacing Quicken Technique with an active Chakra Buffer technique.

Even without the class features, Heroic Surge + Quicken Technique lets you get 2 attack actions, 1 move action, and 1 swift action, which is plenty for 4 quickened attack techniques, or 3 summons and an attack technique, and other such nonsense. The nice thing about this option is you don't have to be epic level to use it.

EDIT: Trollolol my silly little thread got revived.

EDIT 2: There actually isn't a restriction to Quicken Technique in the text for Quickened Illusion. It's also somewhat unclear whether the restriction in the Elemental Surge text prevents the usage of Quicken Technique on the specific tech being cast with ES, or that QT simply can't be used on the same turn ES is used. IMO it seems to support the former
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Epics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: