Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Pathfinder wizard help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Pathfinder Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos4knuckles
Younin Commander

Location: The border of the Village Hidden in the Valley of the Sun, & Reno, the realm of Power

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Pathfinder wizard help Reply with quote

So I am about to play in my 4th campaign ever (I only seem to GM for these guys so its rare for me to play) so I chose to be a wizard for the first time. We are on an ice post-apocalyptic world where we are at war with dwarf aliens, tau pretty much, from the moon. My first level is going to be in gunslinger and then the rest are wizard. My question for all of you is what would you recommend? Gunslinger is for background purposes and it doesn't hurt that you get a free gun and the same amount of weapon proficiencies as a fighter. Also, I am an advanced form of human, so I get all of their abilities and a few additional ones, along with a boost to intelligence. Thank you for any help that comes, I appreciate it greatly.

ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any idea as to what kind of build you are looking to make? Such information is bound to be useful for those who are able to help you (as I am not familiar with Pathfinder).
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should look at the Spellslinger archetype. It's basically 1st level gunner + wizard and some other stuff.
Chaos4knuckles
Younin Commander

Location: The border of the Village Hidden in the Valley of the Sun, & Reno, the realm of Power

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spellslinger is ok, but you lose arcane bond and arcane school which stinks, as well as loose martial weapon proficiency (I am aware I will not need martial weapon proficiency per say since I am a wizard, its just for fluff). To answer your question zero, i was thinking either conjurer or evoker, since I will be the buffer and debuffer of the group opposed to damage. Conjurer would probable be the better choice though

SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find arcane bond mostly useless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Pathfinder Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: