Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

D&D Next?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> RPG General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaoticangel97
Younin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: D&D Next? Reply with quote

Has anyone tried the playtest stuff for the next edition of D&D? I'm thinking about signing up and giving it a try but I wanted to know if anyone has any information they can share before I do so. Mainly I'm looking to see what people's opinions of it so far are, if anyone on here has even tried it of course.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard, its D&D meets Pathfinder. Seems from most I've heard, Pathfinder is a better alternative to D&D 5th(?) ed. Little else to add, not played myself.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't even looked at it. I'm pretty satisfied with pathfinders.
chaoticangel97
Younin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty satisfied with Pathfinder as well but I'm still interested in seeing where Wizards decides to go with D&D.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dokuga Kazu
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have seen of the playtest, it looks interesting. But I cannot make any judgements until I am able to actually play it, instead of just reading the pamphlets. It still has a 4th ed. feel to me though from what I have seen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
keksmuzh
Kage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got into the playtest, and while I haven't actually had a chance to run anything with it yet, I've looked through some of the stuff...and it's a bit of a mess atm. I expect a lot of the restrictions (premade skill lists independent of class, premade feat sets) are just temporary until they finish testing some of the more basic mechanics.

There's not a whole lot there other than basic mechanics and 4 classes (fighter, rogue, wizard, cleric), but it took all of 3 minutes to break the system due to careless wording on sneak attack. I wouldn't say it feels all that much like 4th ed, though it is certainly more streamlined than 3 or 3.5.
Naruto d20 Store
Felix_Zyphros
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is signed up for the playtest, we can get a game going over AIM to test it out.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

? Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> RPG General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: