Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Star Wars d20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> RPG General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaoticangel97
Younin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Star Wars d20 Reply with quote

So, I haven't really heard anything spectacular about the Star Wars d20 books, but I really want to run a Star Wars game so I was wondering if anyone had an opinion of which one was the better version to use(Revised or Saga Edition)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Redfire085
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, both were good systems, the revised edition was closer to 3.X than anything, whereas the saga edition played more closely to 4e as it was more streamlined gameplay, depends on what you are looking for, I personally recommend saga because of the Dawn of Defiance series that was released for it (10 books in all I believe, all free!)
Jensik
Sharkbait

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saga was closer to 3.8 than it was to 4E. Honestly it felt like they were trying to gauge how the expanded defense and simplified skill system would work and liked what they saw. (And I tend to agree.)

I prefer Saga for a completely different reason: The Talents system. My goodness, the Talents! The way they implemented talents in this system was beautiful, and it's a shame they never went anywhere further with it after Saga.
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on your preference, I have played SW d20 for a little over 12 years and Saga I have only had the luxury of playing about 30 sessions over a period of 2-3 years. Not because there's no interest in it, we just have too many different games.

On that note they both have their merits, SW d20 has plenty of material to use and much more expansive than Saga.

Saga has a smooth play style as it is essentially 4th edition but lacks certain things that I sadly can't recall off the top of my head.... though I suppose you can always transfer the missing material to Saga.

All in all it depends on the game play you're looking for.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sengoku System
Me: the hizoku attacks you with his yari, your actions?

Max: I evade with a 13 and counter attack with a 1,000... *pause for silence*
chaoticangel97
Younin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight you guys. I've decided to check out both more thoroughly before I decide what's the best choice for my group.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> RPG General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: