Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Shadow: prelude to the end
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Ye Olde Gaming Palace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is some more basic info

Recent events: (besides what you have heard from other players about what has happened to them, and what has happened to you) well, you have all risen to quite high amongst the academy recently, (for reasons that may or may not be evident).
The void has been acting strangely, there was the kid who was attacked, and then it keeps doing something different than normal every so often (e.g. spitting somebody out a mile from where it usually does).
(make a sence motive check DC 15)
The river burst its banks, and a genin team was sent to deal with the resulting floods destroying crops in the area.
You have not seen much of the two mission chuunin.

Fact file:
Chuunin academy teacher: Uhran. (The friendliest of the chuunins of the village, and an easy going guy). He has some proficiency with medical ninjutsu, but otherwise is an all round ninja.

It is generally customary for ninja to have an air of secrecy, but most of your fellow students take this to an extreme, (probably living out some mysterious hero fantasy (perhaps why you are on your way to becoming genin, and they are not.) (You donít even know their names.)
Naruto d20 Store
Jiraiya
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ero-kami reporting for... duty

Razz
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we just need full confirm that kekhsmuz is still playing.

EDIT: happy first of advent people.

(I really need to get on with my planning.)
keksmuzh
Kage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a little confused as to what ND20 time is as compared to where I am. Provided it works out to be evening for me, I should be good.

I'm EST, if that helps.
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is on the forum, so check a clock, and check the forums, then compare (there are much more difficult ways to go about this, but this is the easiest)
Jiraiya
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I says that all times are GMT for me, including the forum one. unless I'm looking at the wrong one
Naruto d20 Store
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, cause to me they are 5 hours outside of where they should be in that case. Since you are practically going to be right on the GMT time, you check in comparison to your real time.
Jensik
Sharkbait

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no such thing as 'forum time' because you can change your time zone in your profile.

It will be easier if you conform your times to GMT or UTC.
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, 2-6 o clock GMT

(thanks jensik)

(did you know that an iPod auto corrects your name to Higson (as in the bomb)
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, but I kinda need all of my player's emails (to send them the file with all the tacmaps on (it is on microsoft word) also, could you all send me your allegences (I forgot to ask for them, but I will need them as the game progresses)
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the triple post, but I am now ready to start whenever my players are. Before we start all players will need:

1. a finished lvl 1 character
2. to have sent me their email
3. to have posted the player version of their backgrounds into this thread

Games will be 2-6 o clock in the afternoon GMT on a sunday, and will be beginning as soon ass all players have done this (IRC channel as of yet unconfirmed) (since I need to redownload it)
Jiraiya
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurokami. The clan of the Death God himself, or so the legend goes - the Shigan and his blessing payment for freeing him from imprisonment in our world at the beginning of the ninja age.

Since then, they have carved out a name for themselves in blood, and have given rise to several prominent figures, from mythical assassins, to madmen who have bathed cities in the blood of civilians, with public opinion always that of wariness and fear. Nearly half a millennia of continuous sacrifice has endured through time. Until now.

Three years ago the clan came to an end, bringing an end to their saga of blood. After twenty years of holding out on the Isle of Skulls, the Black God's disciples and kin were wiped from the earth.

Or so the world believes.

What if one member happened to escape the destruction?

What if two parents hid their only child deep in a secret island, hoping that he would be live on and inherit what they could not provide?

Only one thing is sure. The survivor would be the last of the Kurokami: heir to a dead people, heir to a legacy of violence, and heir to Death himself.

Saisu's early life is shrouded in mystery, appearing on the isle about a fortnight after the destruction of the entire clan. Since that night three years ago, when he was found just outside the village entrance, he has worked relentlessly to improve his skills. A genius in the physical arts, Saisu is virtually unbeatable when it comes to melee combat, but does not share that skill when it comes to ninjutsu, where is sits just above mediocre. He shuns all form of genjutsu, and has a dislike of bright light. He tends to keep to himself, existing in a dark corner of the village, where he lives in solitude.
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I have reworked epic points (now with more epicness)

Epic points:

An epic point is awarded by the gm for good roleplaying, creative playing, or other generally impressive playing. Once gained, an epic point may or may not have to be used in the encounter in which it was obtained. (gmís discretion) If not, then epic points can be saved until the player decides to use it. An epic point can be used in four ways

Epic action: An epic point can be used to turn a single dice roll automatically into a natural 20 or another characterís dice roll into a natural 1. This must be declared before rolling.

Epic turn: An epic point can be used to double the number of actions in a turn (so now there are 2 of each action, a full round action still leaves one of each).

Epic encounter: An epic point can be used to boost all rolls made by the character by 3 for the duration of the encounter, and to cause all rolls made against the player to be lowered by three. (Multiple epic points can be used here, each one increases this effect by an extra 1).

Epic win: An epic point can be used to literally do anything that sounds humanly possible (and sometimes beyond) without a dice roll. Occasionally this will require multiple points, but if you want to duck under the greatsword that your enemy is swinging at you, take hold of its hilt, then use the momentum to literally throw the person from their weapon high into the air, then complete the swing and cleave them out of the air, before continuing to spin, then release the great sword, at just the right moment to send it flying towards the other enemy, who was standing behind you, then this is how you do it. If it sounds like it can be done in under six seconds, then it can happen. This type of point can also be used out of turn or even in the middle of an enemyís action, so long as it sounds like it could happen.
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the "Prodigy to Paragon" supplement. Awakening Points do pretty much that, and more. And aren't as clunky, if you don't mind me saying.
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh, this is the system that I am using, since I kinda need to get a new card to do that. A quick edit to it, obviously, even with the last use of them, an epic point cannot cause you to do something that your character would normally stay well away from unless you put even more pioints into it. (e.g. a character with no dexterity would require more points to perform soem great feat of agility than a character with over 9000 dex, or about 14 dex).
Moordnnaar
Chuunin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dendō Kishō, or the boy who fell from the sky as he is known around the village. Lots of rumours circulate about him in the village. No one really knows whether any of them hold any truth but people be wary just in case. One that is known is the symbols, white and black seals cover his entire body, if you've ever been there when he's lost it, which is quite often, you'll have seen him glow like he's on fire. Most people avoid him, his quick wit and even quicker temper leave him as a social outcast. Closest any of his classmates have got to a chat is the other end of his fist during a spar. He is seen rarely in the main town, prefering to sneak of alone. In class he demonstrates excellence in both Taijutsu and Ninjutsu, seeming to barely pay attention but quickly master tasks set by the teacher. He lives alone in a small house on the outskirts of town but he is rarely there going simply to rest and eat before sneaking off again to do god knows what.

Besides this not much is known about him at all.
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, just a reminder people, but I am just waiting on you guys to finish your characters etc., only one of you as of yet has done all of the things that I asked. (hi dendo).

I am having one problem my end... I have no idea how to invite Orac or which server I should create the IRC channel on... so if anybody has any help here, I would most appreciate it.

EDIT: I might have forgotten to put that you do get the three basic ninjutsus for free.
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I multiple post much too much on this thread, but I have just received word that Karrth will no longer be playing. So we are just waiting on keksmuzh and for me to figure out how to work orac, and which server to run it on, and then we can begin.
Jiraiya
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll stop you from triple posting then

I'm new to IRC, so I'll need a bit of help with it.

And a pity about Karrth, he just left one of my games a short time ago as well.
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... oh dammit

That means that we are all new to IRC in this game... well, I am trying to figure it out... (procedes to pray to god)
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright then, since Karrth's absence, we are looking for one more player, with a prerequisite of some experience on IRC. (dammit double post).
aviary_fp
Kage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be interested; what server are y'all using? Rizon & Freenodes are two of the bigger free ones, and I might know one or two smaller ones.
Jensik
Sharkbait

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking specifically for Orac, then you want to use irc.Otherworlders.org

Join a channel with any name you want, if it doesn't exist one will be created. If you're the first one there, you automatically become an admin. As a GM, you want it to stay that way. The best way to do that is to register the channel. How? Well...

First, make sure that you're logged into NickServ (the two services are connected). Then type in /msg ChanServ REGISTER #[channelname]

Once that's done with, type in /invite Orac #[channelname]

And the player hating dicebot will be at your command. Don't worry, though, he loves GM's.

Have fun!
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou very much Jensik.

And to aviary_fp, we will be using Otherworlders, unless you know a better way to use a diceroller on IRC. (ah, that is a load off my mind) ok, if you wish to join, read through the thread, pick a template that is not already taken, and make a char ASAP.

(Currently we don't have a server or a channel, but I will get to work for about 10 mins before next sunday to get one set up).

EDIT: and then I read your message. Yeah, looks fine, although tacmaps are really not a big problem. Generally, I am good enough at describing battle grounds that I have yet to use a proper map, digital or otherwise, in quite a while when I gm.
aviary_fp
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up on the IRC, Jensik. I use Pidgin as my IRC client of choice, Faren; I've got a built-in dice roller thanks to my plug-ins.

Background

Unlike many residents of Kyomugakure, Suzume Mariko's family has not been part of the village for generations; Recently immigrated, the young kunoichi's parents nevertheless quickly integrated by doing scut work around the village. Even then, there wasn't much hostility against her parents, as they were hard-working folk who felt fiercely protective of their new home. It was not until the birth of their daughter that the relationship between the Suzume & the rest of the Village hidden in Nothingness became strained.

After Mariko's birth, it was noticed that the void acted differently around her, as if it had a mind of its own. The blackness almost seemed playful, parting before Mariko like water while others struggled to follow her pathways through the void. Whether jealous of the ease with which a small child could manipulate the void, fearful of somebody who brought change to something that used to be a constant fact of life or a combination of both, Kyomugakure gradually began to resent the Suzume family and their strange daughter.

Blithely unaware of the feelings of the villagers (as only children can be), Mariko nevertheless caught some of their feelings. A feeling of murderous intent quickly supressed, a hateful glance cut off quickly, a fearful hurrying of steps to put as much distance between the walker and Mariko. Gradually, these incidents and more added up, confusing the young kunoichi and unfortunately rubbing off on her peers. Where before she had made some friends at the Academy, parents & children began drawing away, isolating the young girl within her own peer group. The situation for her parents wasn't much better, as scut work mysteriously began drying up as people found excuses for why their services were no longer needed. As Mariko neared her graduation and the void continued its distortion, the reactions of the villagers grew progressively worse; the fact that the distortion of the void now extended beyond her to affect travel and people were being attacked certainly didn't help matters.

Mariko, for her part, cared deeply, feeling she had done nothing wrong to deserve the resentment of the people. Though she still played in the void, by the time the young kunoichi was nearing graduation from the Academy she desired nothing more to have more human contact. Unfortunately, those brave enough to see past their resentment and give Mariko's sunny disposition a chance were still offput by the strange way the void seemed to embrace & enfold the girl child.

Last edited by aviary_fp on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm... you are still in the accademy. Also, to the best of my knowledge, some of the other students are freaks just like you (or at least outcast for one reason or another).
aviary_fp
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, got a bit ahead of myself then. At least the graduation wasn't a huge part. And I figure that some might be freaks and outcasts on their own, but I'm the one who is making the thing everybody lives in act strangely, which would get attention and resentment pretty quickly.
Jiraiya
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Faran Kredo" some of the other students are freaks just like you (or at least outcast for one reason or another).[/quote]

well, so far we have a violent fighter, and a guy from a dead clan of killers.

You'll fit in just perfectly with us, the social outcasts of the village(considering the village is so small, its surprising anyone gets along with the way we've made characters)

oh, and can we have 'The misfits' as our team name?
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like

EDIT: I have had an outgoing message to keksmuzh for a very long time, and I am not sure if he is still playing. If he has not showed any activity by the Sunday after next, then we will have to start without him.
aviary_fp
Kage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game-day is nigh, peeps. Open to questions concerning how to connect with the rest of us.

Server: irc.otherworlders.org
Channels: #PreludeOOC, #Prelude
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Ye Olde Gaming Palace All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: