Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Moujuu Aishou creatures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Moujuu Aishou creatures Reply with quote

Greetings,
One of my players is interested in playing the Moujuu Aishou bloodline, but wants to play with a bear. I looked through the main file, but noted it wasn't listed under one of the creatures it allowed to start with. Is there a reason for this, and could a bear be used? If so, would I just gen it as per the progression table?
Best Regards,
TheTrulyAvaricious
Naruto d20 Store
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a bear, page 879/880

ctrl+f is your friend
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,
Thanks for the reply. I have found the bear statblock, it's more can it be used with the Moujuu Aishou bloodline?

Animal Companion: The character begins play with an animal companion selected from
the following list: Ape, Boar, Cheetah, Dog, Hawk, Hyena, Owl, Tiger, Wolf (see
Creatures and NPCs chapter for more details).

That's what it says in the main file anyway. Could a bear be used though?
Best Regards,
TheTrulyAvaricious
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a further note, some creatures have the bracketed text (level+/- x) Can anybody care to explain this one to me? Thanks again.
Best Regards,
TheTrulyAvaricious
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTrulyAvaricious wrote:
On a further note, some creatures have the bracketed text (level+/- x) Can anybody care to explain this one to me? Thanks again.
Best Regards,
TheTrulyAvaricious

That means that your animal companion's progression level is yours +/- the number specified. For example, dogs have a +1, as they grow faster. Tigers on the other hand have (I believe) -3, meaning that they're progression is slower. While that eliminates the ability to start with certain companions, a Beast Lord will be able to select them.
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, right. Hmm, that could be problematic.

Would a sufficient house rule be that the animal companion starts at level 1 as the character, but doesn't gain levels under the number expressed parenthetically has been passed?
E.G.
A bear levels as (level-2), in comparison to the Player. So, it wouldn't gain it's second level until the character is ECL4?

Best Regards,
TheTrulyAvaricious
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be done, similar to allowing people to pick templates/bloodlines at first level, thus not capping the starting ECL. So long as your GM could properly handle you having a stronger starting companion.
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,
Well, seeing as I'm the GM, it's my call. I just wanted some suggestions as to how to go about it. Well, I don't see a problem. It'll be a hard lil bastard, then it'll level out in time. Got a Uchiha, a Hyouma and an unknown atm. Not like everyone else ISN'T getting ECL adjustments.
Thanks again.
Best Regards,
TheTrulyAvaricious.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTrulyAvaricious wrote:
Ah, right. Hmm, that could be problematic.

Would a sufficient house rule be that the animal companion starts at level 1 as the character, but doesn't gain levels under the number expressed parenthetically has been passed?
E.G.
A bear levels as (level-2), in comparison to the Player. So, it wouldn't gain it's second level until the character is ECL4?

Best Regards,
TheTrulyAvaricious

This is actually how it is supposed to be handled, since you have to take the feat at 1st level and aren't forced to choose an animal with a non-negative level modifier. And while the bear isn't mentioned in the feat, like when class abilities are details but now shown on the table: The part which has had more work put into it/tells you more is the right one...it's easy to forget to put a single name in a list, it is hard to do so when the information is an entire statblock.
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,
Right, okay then. Thanks again guys, the help is appreciated.
Best Regards,
TheTrulyAvaricious
Zerrkhar
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Element Moujuu Aishou Reply with quote

I was not really sure where to post this, but i could not find a thread with anything else similar. I want to play a Elementalist/ Ninja Scout with the Moujuu Aishou feat but the thing is i want my wolf to be able to take an elemental form. Is there a way to do this either through feats, classes, or jutsus that i'm just not seeing? Can someone help me or put me in the right spot?
black_fox9653
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way of doing what you want with the base rules. If you want that it will have to be homebrewed.
Zerrkhar
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really not even through a jutsu like Kiba does with Akimaru? That sounds odd ok just got to create one.
Zerrkhar
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this is my first attempt at jutsu creation. Remember the gose along with my character concept in my passed post

Juujin Ryuu: Raiton Kaeru no Jutsu – (Beastman Style: Secret Technique - Lightning Conversion Technique.)
Ninjutsu (Requires Moujuu Aishou (f), Elemental Affinity (Raiton), and any 5 Juujin Ryuu techniques)
Rank: 13 (S-Class); Learn DC: 24, 6 success; Perform requirements: 12 ranks (DC
26); Time: 2 full-round action; Components: C, H; Range: Close (10 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels);
Target: One animal companion; Duration: 4 round/level (D); Saving Throws: Fortitude negates (harmless); Chakra Resistance: Yes (see txt); Chakra Cost: 35.
This powerful technique is one of the secret techniques of the Beastman style. The user’s
animal companion gains raiton elemental subtype (companion gains Immunity to poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning and electricity effects. They are not subject to critical hits, flanking, or the effects of massive damage while the companion is in this form.) The companion is also granted a +4 bonus to Strength and +8 bonus to Dexterity. The companion's natural attack deals electricity damage 4d6 plus natural attacks, plus strangth modifier as applies. The companion is also subject to the effects of using Chidori Senbon (Thousand-Bird Needles), and deal damage as if the jutsu was preformed by the companion. Only when a melee attack is made against the companion. If the technique fails, the creature is reverted back to its original form without harm. After this technique is used, the companion will be fatigued for the rest of the encounter. The companion cannot benefit from this technique while fatigue, the effects will fail.

Please let me know what you think. This can be modified to fit any of the chakra affinities.
black_fox9653
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the first think I think is that this is in the wrong section.

As for the technique itself, apart from the fact thay its a sloppy copy and past from Juujin Ryuu: Ougi - Shinjuuriki (Beastman Style: Secret Technique - True Animal Power);
You didnt update most of the Learn and Perform requirements for the change in rank and class, and its durations should have definately been one thing that you should not have changed.
The whole Chidori Senbon bit doesnt even make sense as to why it basically uses a completely different technique everytime it is hit with a melee attack.
Its obvious that you just changed the original stats from the copied technique to just suit your purposes, either ignoring or not understanding that those original stat chanages actually came from it changing its size and not granted by the technique itself.
The damage granted to its normal attack is far too high, that damage is equivalent to a colossal sized elemental.
And lastly the line about if the technique fails the animal reverts is redundant, if the technique fails then nothing would happen to the animal period.
keksmuzh
Kage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The technnique...is frankly a mess.

Remove the Chidori Senbon nonsense and reword the extra damage as follows: "The animal's natural attacks deal an additional 4d6 damage, and all melee damage dealt by it counts as energy damage of the appropriate type."

As far as fluff: "Using a powerful transformation technique, the user's animal companion takes on some of the qualities of an elemental spirit."

You should be writing up the generalized version, not just yours. Change the name to "Elemental Conversion Technique", or something more interesting if inspiration hits you.

Here is what the tech should give:

The above damage changes (deals elemental damage, +4d6 on all natural attacks)

+4 to perform techniques and +1 damage per die on techniques of the element they transform into

Immunity to the element they transform into

Vulnerability to the element they should be weak against based on affinities

DR 20/chakra

No stat bonuses

Duration is 1 round/level (4/level is broken and sort of silly)

Using the technique again cancels any currently active instances of the technique (just to avoid cheesy exploits)

Using the techniques cancels other active transformations on the animal companion (aka other moujuu aishou techs)

Fix the perform requirements
May need to adjust chakra cost after playtesting
Range should be touch for something like this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: