Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Portfolio of Prestige: Volume IV at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

clan and bloodline questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zerrkhar
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: clan and bloodline questions Reply with quote

Hey I was wondering if the hyuga clan had any elemental affinities like the Uchiha clan and if so what would it be.
Naruto d20 Store
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

From the top of my head, they've never really been shown with proficiency in elemental ninjutsu, mainly sticking with the Gentle Fist style of taijutsu. However, as with all characters, the Hyuuga clansmen do have an affinity to any of the elements that probably varies from person to person. It's just not something they either use/ are well-known for. All characters have an elemental affinity, and can learn to use elemental ninjutsu of at least that corresponding element.

I can only answer from the manga's point of view, never seen the anime.
They haven't been shown with a ability that allows them to combine two elements though, I'd imagine that would have been shown by now.

Are you asking out of interest, for running a game, or just for playing a character?
Zerrkhar
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both really, my play asked my and i didn't have an answer for her. It really erked me to. One of my other players says he thought it may be wind. But he's been know to make things up on the passed to better suit his needs. I couldn't find one in manga or anime either.
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then, simply put, it is your ruling as the GM. It may not be fair to just assume your player is doing it to just suit his needs. But, if you want an answer from me? It could be Water, if your still wanting to give them a general affinity. Given their style tends to "flow" more than anything. But, overall, it'd probably vary between each individual.

Hope that helped.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that they're from Fire country, people with fire affinity are probably more common, I could see Hyuugas being proficient with air too.
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but a better question is did they originate from Fire Country?
That, and the fact all the Hyuuga's are very similar in appearance, we could assume they tend to, ah, "keep it in the family", should we say? There really isn't a polite way to say that.....
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, well in every game I have gmed or been in, they tend to use water jutsu, and I think it suits them, but whatever works for you (there is no such thing as picking an affinity to suit your needs, since there are people who do not have their clan's bloodline (just look at Faran, the wind wielding Uchiha))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: