Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Gestalt Combinations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> RPG General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaoticangel97
Younin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Gestalt Combinations? Reply with quote

So Unearthed Arcana was one of my favorite 3.5 books and I played a lot of Gestalt games during my early 3.5 career and I was wondering if anyone had some favorite or just plain crazy Gestalt combinations they've used?

I was pretty fond of the casual Monk/Sorcerer or Bard/Barbarian.

Just thought I'd spark up a bit of conversation and this was a topic that popped into my brain.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Naruto d20 Store
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swashbuckler/Wizard(never got to play it, but had a build, would splice in the Swiftblade PrC if GM allowed it).

Barbarian/Monk(requires either a variant lawful Barb or Chaotic Monk) Rage and Flurry...just so nice.

Just a couple that come to mind, Splicing Fighter with just about anything almost always works-- even for other martial classes where you lose out on skill points or saves, those feats on a Barbarian or Paladin can put up a fight.
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only gestalt character I've ever played was a Scout/Fighter combination. He was only used for a single session, as the campaign had fallen through due to the GM not having the time to run consistent sessions, but he was fun to use. I played the character as if he were Naked Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3; I even took the time to make my voice sound like his.

If I were to play another gestalt character, I'd definitely like to try out Fighter/Rogue, as those are my two favorite starting classes in D&D 3.5.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My absolute favorite was Cleric/Wizard into True Necromancer. It was kind of sad that True Necromancer was ONLY viable in a gestalt game, but it was such a good class for it.

After that I would typically take classes as Artificer/True Necromancer or Fighter/True Necromancer (Because being a tanky lord of the dead with a ton of combat feats is awesome), except on levels where the True Necromancer only gives a +1 to a single class in which case I'd take the opposite so I had full caster levels in both Cleric and Wizard by level 20.
Zerrkhar
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk/Psion and ranger/scout with duel discpline metacreativity/shaper. Picked up animal companion with psionic subtype
Redfire085
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if using pathfinder, I recommend sorcerer/summoner, uber spellcasting along with a 'tank' in the summoner eidolon both classes using charisma for casting, and summoner spells can be devoted to summoning/teleportation with sorc spells dedicated to whatever you want (I tend towards Evocation personally)
sebsmith
Chuunin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some fun with a factotum//warblade
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbarian or beserker/druid or cleric or some other really peaceful class. Gosh, the rping possibilities are endless.
RandomAction
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found unleasing pure damage was fun using a Duskblade/Warblade combo.

Made a variant using Duskblade/Rogue, ahh triggering sneak attack with an arcane channeled strike using a greatsword.
aviary_fp
Kage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall particularly enjoying a Warlock/Scout the last time I played a Gestalt game. Lots of moving around and blasting things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> RPG General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: