Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Next Update (Whenever <arbitrary requirement> Is Met)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Next Update (Whenever <arbitrary requirement> Is Met) Reply with quote

... or something.

New:

Occupations:
  • Samurai

Skills:
  • Skill synergies were added

Feats:
  • Dense Chakra
  • Unbalance Opponent

Techniques:
  • Enbuarashi no Jutsu (Fire Storm Technique)
  • Hijutsu: Chakra Hankai no Jutsu (Secret Technique: Chakra Disruption Technique)
  • Hijutsu: Retsu Hassai (Secret Technique: Violent Outbreak)
  • Iaijutsu: Tsukuzuki (Quick Draw Technique: Moon Cleaver)
  • Jikuukan Igami (Spacetime Distortion)
  • Kinjutsu: Shinbuki no Jutsu (Forbidden Technique: Mental Override Technique)
  • Niten Ichi Ryuu: Suihazan (Two Heavens Style: Flowing Water Strike)
  • Niten Ichi Ryuu: Shinmai Dachi (Two Heavens Style: Beginner Stance)
  • Taijutsu: Dachi - Shisui Dachi (Hand-to-Hand: Stance - Still Water Stance)

Friends and Foes:
  • Added alternate form

Modifications:

Basic Game Mechanics:
  • The Fortitude save DC to remain conscious while dying is now 15. (!)

Feats:
  • Improved Power Attack was improved.

Equipment:
  • Blood increasing pills now called blood clotting pills

Advanced and Prestige Classes:
  • Ninja Operations Counter was replaced by Ninja Hunter (!!!)
  • Shinobi Bodyguard has undergone serious reworking (!!!)

Techniques:
  • Yuukaifuu was reworked slightly and the wording was improved
  • Magen: Shinkei Nigai was reworked

Ninja Tools:
  • Added the Enhanced Machinery mark I, II and III puppet components
  • Attack roll penalty for puppets was changed to -2 every 30 feet instead of -1 every 10 feet
  • The Windfury weapon seal was reworked slightly
  • Human and Animal Puppets utility and weapon points section clarified (!)

Priority Chart:
  • (!) - Important
  • (!!) - Very Important
  • (!!!) - Must Read

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!

Last edited by Frankto on Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:10 am; edited 10 times in total
Naruto d20 Store
Traenix
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...
What about trying to build one global "official" Nd20 setting, which could then gradually be enriched ?
It would ;
- facilitate GM work, some parts or places of the world having their concept already done
- more easily allow links between different campaigns or "character transfer"
- allow a more immersive game, since players actually know that a world exists beyond the actual places where their characters go

Or 2, perhaps. A classic one and a modern one.

D&D needed Faerun, the basic and generic "make your own world"-Oerth having proved to somehow.. limit the game.
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a trap based class, and an official poison based class, but this is probably impossible because (insert reason here). I know Zeronosvega has already mostly made one of these, but it would still be nice to see them in the main file.
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traenix wrote:
Hmm...
What about trying to build one global "official" Nd20 setting, which could then gradually be enriched ?
It would ;
- facilitate GM work, some parts or places of the world having their concept already done
- allow a more immersive game, since players actually know that a world exists beyond the actual places where their characters go

D&D needed Faerun, the basic and generic "make your own world"-Oerth having proved to somehow.. limit the game.

While such an idea could be done, one could also just look at the Naruto manga as a sort of "official" setting. While your opinion on the manga's story may vary, it is the basis of this game and I feel that the earlier parts of the manga establish a rather good story that players would enjoy participating in.
Felix_Zyphros
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeronosVega wrote:
Traenix wrote:
Hmm...
It would ;

While such an idea could be done, one could also just look at the Naruto manga as a sort of "official" setting. While your opinion on the manga's story may vary, it is the basis of this game and I feel that the earlier parts of the manga establish a rather good story that players would enjoy participating in.

The problem is, the story is about as consistent as a politician's political views. Which is to say, not at all.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

? Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the process of creating something like that in the Creatures Compendium, although the last thing I want is to give the opportunity to transfer characters.

New campaign, new character. That's how it works. You don't bring a character in a campaign that automatically has more baggage than the others.

As for a trap-based class, it's possible. Poisons, however, not so much. Poisons in d20 Modern and D&D are either not powerful enough, or way, way too powerful.

But honestly? Taking care of this project, making a monster manual and a book filled with new classes is already too much work for one person (fortunately, I have an artist to help me when he can), and I'm not going to try and create a campaign setting with its own history besides.

Naruto d20 Store
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I have been in several campaigns where people have brought in their char from the last one, and the gm fluffs the story to take their powers (or add them) if the campaign is in the same world.

These campaigns have been incredibly successful, but require a good gm, and players who are willing to take changes to their characters. In this way, it often felt like it was actually the unfolding story of said person.

(however, I have to agree that if a gm is not willing to do this, or if they simply have a reason why not, then no means no).
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it always weighs down the story if one character has a longer backstory than the others. Typically and generally speaking, I have a set of NPC's I tend to reuse (As anyone in my campaign will tell you) and I might even make the party members into NPC's and famous ones in lore as is their right after saving the world, but I don't typically allow NPC's to go from one campaign to the next.

That might change someday, but probably not.
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I only know one gm who does this, and then all of the characters tend to come from a previous campaign, or they quickly forge their place in the group. This also leads to more developed PC backgrounds. However, I can only speak from opinion on this matter.
Traenix
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:
I'm in the process of creating something like that in the
But honestly? Taking care of this project, making a monster manual and a book filled with new classes is already too much work for one person (fortunately, I have an artist to help me when he can), and I'm not going to try and create a campaign setting with its own history besides.

And that I truly understand. That is why I offered you my help.

Then there's another way.
A new part of the forum where we could add idea, discuss them, try to build something. Something big and good enough.
And with your blessing, it could be the "official" Nd20 setting.

Would you accept that ?
And would people here contribute enough to make something consistent, interesting and useful in a gameplay and fun point of view ?

I believe until now, very few fanmade content has been integrated to the "official book".
That's a pity.

Last edited by Traenix on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's already a place like that, and it's called Community Creations. When I see something in there I like, I usually contact the author and incorporate it in the main file.

SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you'd be surprised how much 'Fan-made' or at least 'Fan-inspired' works are in the main file...
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny, I can't think of more than 5 or 6 instances, myself.

Felix_Zyphros
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:
That's funny, I can't think of more than 5 or 6 instances, myself.

That's more than I thought you'd have added.

I remember a project I tried doing a long time ago in the CC section. A section by section world setting. Kinda fell apart because I can't organize worth crap and people started nitpicking at the smallest thing.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

? Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now with Ninja Hunter. Ninja Operations Counter is gone, replaced by a very similar, but better, class.

Hito Hyuga
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Hunter? Better than Ninja Operations Counter, you sir, have piqued my interest. I cannot wait to see this. Ninja Operations Counter was one of my favorites, and the name of this one already has me thinking I'll like it.
aviary_fp
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever considered implementing anything similar to the (Stat) Plus feats from d20 Future, Frankto? For reference, the text of Charismatic Plus:

Code:
Charismatic Plus
Advancements in Science coupled with your drive to excel enable you to progress faster towards becoming a truly charismatic hero.

Benefit: You gain two talents from the Charismatic hero's talent trees. The talents must be selected from the list below. Additionally, you cannot select more than one talent from a single talent tree, and you must meet all the prerequisites of a talent to select it:

Favor, Captivate, Dazzle, Taunt, Inspiration, Greater Inspiration

Special: You may select this feat multiple times. Each time you select this feat, you must choose a different pair of talents.

Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because it's not in the Naruto d20 book doesn't mean you can't use it.

Naruto d20 Store
aviary_fp
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant more along the lines of modifying it for use with Nd20 (since it obviously doesn't include references to the new talents), though I suppose you're right. Just a thought is all.

Guess I'll hack something together for my own use and throw it up on Community Creations eventually.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From experience, GMs are either okay with it and include the new talent trees, or aren't and disallow it entirely.

Never met a GM who allowed it in Nd20 and didn't assume the otherwise non-existent talent trees were meant to be included.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now with more stuff. I'm not going to lie, most of those techniques were created to give monsters in the new Creatures Compendium some spell-like abilities.

chaoticangel97
Younin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found an odd line of text while reading the Invisibility ability in the Friends and Foes section.

Invisibility does not, by itself, make a creature immune to critical hits, but it does make the creature immune to extra damage from being a ninja hunter's favored enemy and from sneak attacks.

The bold part is what has me scratching my head. Does this mean that the Ninja Hunter has a favored enemy ability? Cause if so then that's pretty cool. Been wanting a Ninja Ranger for a while.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, one of the changes for Ninja Operations Counter to Ninja Hunter was adding a Favored Enemy-like ability against targets with at least 4 ranks in the Shinobi skills (Chakra Control, Fuinjutsu, Genjutsu, Ninjutsu, or Taijutsu). It is pretty cool, though the official update is still off in the unforeseeable future for the time being.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy buttmonkeys! When I saw January Update again in the headline today it made me realize it meant January 2013.

I may not be feeling well, but I'm feeling well enough to compile the update and maybe add some of the unrelated stuff I made up to now. Expect an update later today, or at the very latest tomorrow.

SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zomg.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: