Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Jutsupunk
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Jutsupunk Reply with quote

Did that title get you hungry? Kay, let me tell you about the special. Take ninja mysticism, a cyber-steaming jungle, pinch of spicy handguns from games like borderlands or timeshift etc. Patch of clean Ayn Randy folk as a bed of white rice, Robocop veggies, oil of Ghost Dog for flavor, and a glass of spirited Big Trouble in Little China. That's soul food, baby. Shout out to my ninja James green-eye-freaker Hong who ironically made eyes in Blade Runner.

~Banzai!~
I'm at an all brick gas station in the middle of nowhere as evening creeps over the fields and nearby swamp. Waiting with palms on chin for a seat on one of the transports to Tamagakure. A tremendous city-state stretching across the Lands of River's open shore. I've been arranged as one of fifteen genin to be delivered to various points across the "Pearl of Liberty" following pictures leaked last year. Is believed the giant snail held within a massive ice cube prison surrounded by marked ice pillars with red cores in two photos may be a legendary five eyed demon. The general order by the council of kage from the region's hidden villages is to find, secure, capture, and transport the monster from where ever it is found. Of course, my kage has personally given different orders...
Once we get there. We will be pushed from contact to contact doing grunt work all the while picking up what we can for as long as it takes. Free reign to do as we please from now til slimy then. Are we really expected to succeed or are we dogs to flush out the fox? Six genin remain in wait. A fat faced child of 7 age toys with needle implements embedded in the pink fuzz of his ant doll. An ant with pink fuzz. Whatever. No one wants near that. Furthest from him is a tall, tanned, and built for the army woman at 15. Looking tough yet wears a stylish tight mesh attire to be sexy. Closest to me is a pale spindle thin boy of 13, maybe 14, wearing a black hoodie and baggy jeans. Heh. He'd be the least conspicuous of the lot infront of this Sip'n'Slip if he didn't look like he's a half hour away from stealing a candy bar, pack of smokes, and a low rider mag for personal time in the wash-
Your head snaps to attention with "Hey, you two!" breaking your train of thought. A gruff old man in sleeveless green sweater was apperently getting the attention of the two genin yet covered. He looked like a retired fisherman. His hair, skin, and face were coarse and his jaw was half an octogon. He thinks aloud with "Annnd-You!" pointing at you. "The three of you are coming with me!" he says, smiles, and nods,"I'm Angpor. Am sure the pleasure is all yours. So get in." motioning to his ride.
Is that a van? An old ambulance? Oh! I know! That's what the old men called a woody! Right? No, a panel truck. Whatever. I'm getting in first! ..Hmm. He's got a lot of toolboxes. Probably needs them all to keep this tin can rolling. What's that by the cab? Looks like a giant copper bug zapper, but it's bolted to the floor and ceiling. Only two chairs in this jalopy and both occupied by useless junk. Where am I suppose to sit? Am totally picking his toolboxes if he expec-what are these nets on the wall. Hammocks!? You win this one, old man.

~9 hours later. The old man bored you to sleep with stories from an age long past. The bug zapper was indeed that. Only you focus chakra into the receiver, the pole covered in chicken wire, which localizes an artificial EMP explosion when the red line is breached. You've spent your life isolated in a village that really was hidden away from the world. TV, guns, common cellphones, and microwave toasters aren't unknown to you. Advanced technology such as holographic mist projections, spray-on spandex, steam belly carriages, foam-to-plaster, chakranetic limbs, genetically engineered eyes, mutagenics, magnetic spearguns, skinweaver fungi, amusement rails, and bank accounts are. Unless you were trained in technomancy by your dwarven cave captives. One of you probably knows disruptor warfare was popularized in the late decade of terrorism. What you all need to know is corporations, gangs, and your own clans will be both the enemy and the ally in the long investigation to come.

Tamagakure
Angpor didn't bother to wake any as he drew near the bright white border check booths. Friendly words between an officer and him shook the three awake before venturing further into the plains. Is middle of the night as they begin the slow descent to sea level. Distance buildings gleam as decorative glass and ceramics would above lights below. Such is the famous downtown scene. Alumina, orange magnesium, and zircon bare a diminutive warm glint as if holding remainants of dusk. Far and away towers glitter high infront the empty ocean. Angpor takes an early exit from the highway into darkened districts. Half hour of deserted intersections before lights begin swarming overhead. A gang of two skateboard against the traffic of one old van with a one finger salute. A mile down Angpor makes a turn following the street under the freeway. Yards away there is a bonfire by what fence is left of a tennis court.
Groups of young adults cheer as a car is towed up a tall concrete wall by tentacles of ink. Several boys in hoodies drape themselves over the standing slab with palms flesh to ink circles which link with the verticle pool slowing pulling the yellow hatchback. Grinding it's rear along the faded green surface as the front tires creep into the loosely dragon shaped ink mouth. The driver says before anyone asks,"They call that tagger's rune..yeah..strong paint. Kids infuse chakra and spray paint then trap cop cars for the hell of it. Lastest fad since stallpocketing took the surveillance hit." and keeps cruising. A left here, a right here to avoid a police check point, and a bathroom break before continuing alongside the high held freeway for another half hour. Angpor tells you we are near the roughside of town. Through a window the real stores don't look as bleak as what you've read. Saw only one hobo. Sky blue halogens flood alleys embracing an intermediate appeal between poor and striving beyond dirt.
In the distance can see what could be landmarks. A giant, fuchsia chinese palace with so many skyward lights it's practically a beacon. Closer is a chique office building with what looks to be a curvy, backyard swimming pool placed vertically on a concrete block. A closer inpection would see fish swimming and people walking in the halls behind this clear tub. Is too giant to be a real aquarium, so it's an inobvious hologram. Further away a false marble finish shines across town from a cylindrical bastion intentionally resembling a bamboo shoot with a diagonal cut atop. Inside it's would be acoustic theatre is a monumental bonsai tree. Spread out amongst the city are 100m high gothic spires serving for communications relay, skyline decor, and windmills. Sewn steel images into cage windows hide four or more stacked fans in sectional succession. Some four lane or mainstreet shopping areas have these four pane fans outfront and above the sidewalk with signboards attached. The teens gather their in the cab to awe at what can be seen.
Infront of the van a brief burst of light is cast to the pavement from on high. Moments after a figure in a bright grey hoodie and sweat pants drops from the sky and lands cleanly onto the road behind the van. He must have jumped from freeway! Their ride is accelerating once again. Racing in the exhaust to the van he leaps onto the back doors. His right hand to the roof, his feet squared to the bummer. A flash splashes through the rear door window and click of a shutter from the yellow box in his left hand. Your moment of blindness faded quickly. Through that window the grey figure's feet tap at the alloy and tinted glass as it makes haste climbing onto the roof. It's weight can be felt shifting the vehicle with each sightly indentation atop the ceiling. The nin's pace halts with a sudden slide of the panel truck and you with it.
Angpor chirps,"Hold on!" almost jokingly from his driver's seat only after completing his drift around a stop sign. Looking towards his voice you can hear a horn and see red tail lights sway to and out of view. The van increases in speed. Angpor turns back to yell,"Hey! Quick! Gra-Grab the pole!" motioning with his hand for everyone to crawl towards him. Moments later as movement is heard from overhead he slams on the brake and everyone skips to the front cab. The nin thuds twice on the hood. His fair skinned left hand, and what must be braced legs, flail in the air while his right hands grip to the top rim of the hood. His forearm had split into two skeletal wood and steel arms. Arms joined at a large steel socket making up his elbow. Angpor steps on the gas once more and yells with demand,"Hurry! Grab it and channel your chakra!" as he clutchs the chickenwire with one hand. The cybernetic shinobi regains his composure and steadily jerks it's chest to the wipers before snapping to a snake stance. His entire face covered by a glossly black visor. An annoyed man's modulated voice calmly speaks,"Stop the car. Please." as another voice sounds "Braceyourselves!" in your ears. Angpor applies the brake in an another attempt to shake the metallic man in sports warmups. He doesn't budge from his new perch. Those right forearms collapse and reform into it's original one arm state. Curls it's full fingers into a ball then punches his fist through the passenger side front windsheild as sidewalk traffic slows from flying by to near standing. Noises of the street drown within a second as a deafening hum engulfs all. The dashboard flickers, our masked jogger looses his footing, and nearby city lights go dark for little as a second. In short time there is an explosion from under the van lifting everything a foot into the air. The van's momentum is left to inertia once the ground hits. The shinobi flops lifelessly from the hood and rolls off stage right.
Tires skid momentarily after landing, but continue in travel. Street lights flickered to the steady state of on. Commotion is heard from both sidewalks. You feel dizzy, your ears hurt, and can't focus. The battery engine never stopped puttering. Peering out the window many onlookers giving the panel truck a wider birth. As if the old menace would blow any minute. A luxury sedan crashed in a coffee shop and your back windows looks like stained glass. Apart from shattered tables and anxious eyes all is well. Given a moment to take the scene in Angpor announces,"Kay...time to roll." shifting into gear and lurching to the next intersection. Looking back through the one good window, the nin is seen sitting up with legs splayed eagle center street looking back at you. His hood dropped revealing black shoulder length hair. A mother stops her child from running to him. His chin drops in apathetic defeat then begins propping his right leg for standing. Siren is heard in the distance as the van rounds a corner.
Minutes later the limping panel truck is waved into the third garage of a graffiti disgraced factory warehouse...
Welcome to Jutsupunk, 637PN
We got out of the van and I was as happy to stretch as anyone. Inside the warehouse were truck loads of boxes. Large, small, cages, on shelf, or a box of shelves. One huge crate contained a foam block with what appeared to be the biggest glass top, the spinning kind, ever. Three men move boxes while a middle aged lady with a clipboard points. Angpor kicks his ancient van in dismay. One of my fellow passengers snides a remark about insurance under his breathe.
"Car insurance? Pssft! Auto costs more than home and let me tell you why! One tenth of the city is run by wagemongers with certified residence, another tenth is shanty town, and a quarter of both groups own half the luxury cars in the city. If that makes since to you then congrats and keep it to yourself because it won't pay the rent! Gaaahhd!" Angpor hunches down to say the rest,"Oh, and a large section of east town still trucks out their butt slag, and when one of those gravy trains breaks down they get sold off to insurance companies, so maybe my shitty limo over there would be a real keeper compared to the replacement huh? Yeah, thought so. What do you care about rules, taxes, or paperwork anyways. You aren't a lawyer, you're a ninja. Well, gov'ment does have say in the city, but usually does within the laws that can't be bribed away. Just don't murder or steal anything that important people would miss or that hammer comes down. Then you'd wish you were a lawyer, huh?" Points his finger then stands up right.
The middle aged lady in overalls is staring at him from behind a small wall of goods. She says in a raspy voice to him,"You done? I'd like to get home by nine." to which he replies,"I need a ride." so she snaps,"You going to leave that there!?" while he walks closer to her and softens his tone. With hands out to his sides,"I'll call a towtruck tomorrow. My baby too hot right now." quick to anger she is,"You better not be leaking coolant or I'l-" a curt whistle from a on high breaks your focus. A geeky looking man in blue slacks, white office longsleeve shirt, wet and parted comb over, with red tie leans against the second floor railing. The office door behind him is open with chairs in front of a desk. Swings his arm in a swimming motion "Noo, no, rest of you keep working. You kids, get in my office." turns and walks into his office leaving the door open.

Will leave off there. Fine way to start a nonexistant campaign. Messy as combining cyber, steam, and spells from an emo anime looks on plate. It's pretty a sweet aesthetic in my mind. Rules..Or not. Shadowrun is over the top, and 10 is bigger than 6, so won't be taking anything from them. Modern d20 is a fine fit, but I'll be writing with cyberpunk's shitty d10 in mind. Is classless, training takes time & exp, and can downscale techniques to costly skill investing and questing rewards. Some of you instantly jumped to the spinoff cybergeneration I'm sure. If you ever heard of such a thing. Flush it and put the seat down. None of that kid hunting and juvie skill here. Pull out 2020, add a chakra stat w/o ceiling, nin skills, optional nin career(s), and a change of demon gods. Will be using eyes instead of tails. The city in play isn't Night City or from Bladerunner to make that clear. Center to a bastardized circle diagram between Hong Kong, Las Vegas, & Kirigakure is the best I can give overall. Treetop rooftops are rare, upscale, and perhaps super bonsai'd.
Here's three pictures that capture the aim. The last is a great depiction.
http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g12/102012/102012_1207230686_large.jpg
http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g12/102012/102012_1268964818_large.jpg
http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g03/269403/269403_1246911164_large.jpg
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Talking to myself aloud. Reply with quote

-Bangtama has you, Ang! The fun with guns law.
Don't put much thought to Angpor's rant. His numbers aren't right, fire trucks will monster truck any thing in their way longer than 14 secs, and most transport is business owned. Insurance cartels give them a break which is paid for by the everyman. They'll somehow cover him if the TPD finds two assualt rifles in your trunk so it's worth the rupees to some. Speaking of which, is illegal to mass produce or horde ballistics of any size, standard, or type within 37 miles of city limits. Any gun can be legally assembled by a single creator. Who must be licenced if he wishes to sell and the buyer must be certified if they wish to buy. The sell will be mediated by the courts. Facilitation of sold munitions can be as stringent. A person can have one firearm in his/her possession and no more than 15 bullets weighing less than 11g/oz cans or no more than 5 uniques. Unique being a keyword. Bullets can't match any Yellow listed and up. In practice your cannon and ammo has to be different from anything known to law. The history of this law is as odd too. A movement championed by a flamboyant law student after an armed worker strike took hold of a coal town. His brother in law was killed in the third day of that revolt from an unknown assailant. Their shop-roots campaign became widespread and eventually passed despite the irregular terms. Was originally meant to limit criminal access to firearms, track firearms better, and allow innovative men to provide for the better good. The results have met a few extremes. Reports of aggravated gun violence increased, but with fewer fatalities. Armed robbery, suicide, and violent crime in general fell while attempts at mass murder soared. Politically this counts as gun control. The reality is guns are a cultural taboo only wackos, crooks, and weak men care about. This pigeon turd law stays in place out of apathy and makes it easier to spot the forementioned. Since squirt, nail, air, even glue guns count as weapons under the law. There's a DIY gun channel.
Years back a company thought they found a nitch then began producing parts, powder, canisters, and plans for home delivery. Two months and a tiny nation's GDP later their factory was bombed, half the recipients were investigated, and chairmen families met calamity. Gunsmithing was a taboo before. When CEO children were spirited away only the famous smiths stuck around to make peacepoppers for all the rich folk as if they were fine suits. As you might have guessed big money can outfit small armies with big guns and the middle man is fine with that.
P.S. This law is meant to be a bogus and conviluted skateboard anyone can ride and bust their ass with. In Providence, Rhode Island, it is against the law to jump off a bridge. This pearl of this orient dares a melon farmer to get froggy. Pro-tip: 1) Don't need a licence for a permit, which is a registered universal barcode on the gun. 2) The TPD get to use confiscated weapons on the job because, as first mentioned, mass producing guns is illegal and it's not hording if they are spread out amongst the enrolled mob. Disclaimer: There isn't any partisan bull involved and any real life tie ins are incidental to "Yeah, that might happen." thinking I typed in a sit down. Hopefully there's a better crazy rule to put in play. Feel free to edit and fill in the damned holes, but remember to keep it weird.

-Also optional. Taking a joy from Fable. Instead of one fat exp pile, you split into four to be distribution into related skills. The fourth is spend anywhere points. Colors are for additional chakra sense purposes.
INT&TECH=green/yellow(ninjutsu)[int&con?] EMP&COOL=blue/violet(genjutsu)[cha&wis?] REF&BODY=orange/red(taijutsu)[str&dex]

-Notes below haven't been organized in the slightest. Keep in mind some jutsu such as surfacewalks and timebending will be one skill with different inherent levels that don't need to be learned. We'll use walks as an example since that's "complete" for use. You roll to latch on a surface. Allowed one meter of movement this turn by beating DC10+, crawling at MA/2 is 15+, walking is difficult at 20+, being able to jog at 2 times MA instead of 3 is 25+, and sprinting full run speed is near impossible or 30+. Nearly all jutsu will cost a chakra point each round of use. Stacking jutsu doubles the intial cost of the second jutsu, but not it's per round consumption. Using handsigns can be an attack action or move action in that round. Jutsu release/action can be put off for 3 rounds after casting. Stat cost means the skill costs the same IP as a stat. Elemental, shadow, and mind control are learnable for all. If you want sharigans and byakugans, both limited, better find a geneticist or Mr. Hong.
EMP=chakra reserve;cannot go below 2, NPCs should have 8+ chakra by default, +1 chakra stat every fourth year, chakra refresh 1 every 3hr;2nd jutsu costs double while 1st is active
eyed-beasts:human[4](mammal),snail[5](insect),owl[2](bird),crab[3](fish),dragon[1;9heads](lizard)
fire,water,wind,earth,sand,lightning,steam,sound,smoke,ice,wood,plant,paper,cloth,magnet[mostly emp](double cost,DCbased){needs elements near}
sail,gust,grow,treewalk,waterwalk,rockclimb,glasscrawl,float(wind),thorn
walks[tech] grip(1m),crawl(MA/2roundown),walk(MA),run(MAx2)
sound[int]voice,hear,vibrate,sonar,tremor(sound+earth)
fire[emp]dirt2sand,sand2glass,coal,forge,weld
earth[cool]mud2dirt,dirt2stone,harden
rasengan[cool]{+wind}
healing[emp]wounds,breaks,repair,resist,regeneration,resurrect
clone[int](stat cost)clone,image,replace,physical
top spots of optional summoning kingdoms[stat;contract]tiger(cat),wolf(dog),elephant(legion/herd),komono(scalebound),spider(bloodless), cricket(plague),squid(sea),magpie(cloud;free),quelea(storm;flock)
shadow[cool]bind,meld,vanish
body[int] jump,nails,teeth,leather,vomit,hair,bone,skin,enlarge,shrink
?chi-control[cool] puppetry,chi-kinesis,ghostwalk
?tech[tech]examine,repair,glitch,scan
?parkour
blur[cool](DCbased)+1dodge,invisibility
mind[emp] detect emotions,send message,mind read,telepathy,stun,barrage,erase,madness,command,control,possess
time[int](stat cost;DCbased) +1h2h/+1dodge,+1ref/2m/-1btm,freeaction/-1btm,2nd round/-2btm
blink[int](stat cost;DCbased) teleport DC based on a ranged attack DC
soultap[cool](stat cost) spend1gain2,doubles each skill level
sense[int](stat cost) sense chakra,see chakra,see through charka
suppress[cool](stat cost) roll-10 to hide personal chakra
str/speed ranks same as in book
adrenaline[bod](stat cost;DCbased) +1bod,+1h2h&bod,+2ref&bod&cool,
tagger's rune[int]

-more color code stuff
highINT&BODY,TECH&COOL,EMP&REF=black/white
highBODY&COOL=steel
highBODY&EMP=pink
highBODY&TECH=rust
highREF&TECH=gold
highREF&COOL=beige
highINT&REF=dirt
highINT&COOL=royal
highINT&EMP=sea

Questioner&Asshat
Q: Why combine steampunk and cyberpunk and ninjas?
A: Steam is too victorian, but neat and pretty. Cyber is too depressing, but greed and gritty. Since sprites of both could work effortlessly in a fictional world based on a modern eastern city with relative ease I said why not. Can be a Modern d20 campaign with both punk elements on top if all else fails. Everybody happy.
Q: Do you plan to DM this potluck?
A: Have little ambition to. Don't think anyone will want to use such a campaign. More or less for my own self gratification. This whole idea happened while I was waiting to do a play-by-post Naruto d20 for the first time. Which I must admit to intentionally gimping my character's background just to see if anyone would take the bait and lend a hand. Wouldn't want someone like that, and never played, to DM would you? Also, I'd like to rant for a second on what I've seen on two sites. Am so glad to miss out on the slowest kickball sessions ever. Not only are there weeks inbetween postings, but the most interaction I saw was boring Mary Sue paragraphing DowntonBallZ monologues inbetween DBZ attacks. You're playing teens! Kids! Children! Quit throwing doilies from your soapbox and act like a person with interests beyond murderfisting your metrosexual step brothers!
Q: I'm guessing you don't like the Naruto troupes we play or how we play them. These are our interests and not for you to judge. Stop calling it emo and respect how we play.
A: Sir, honestly don't care what you play. Only care how well you play it. On the subject of Naruto it's more love and hate. I stopped watching after Diadere(Patrick Swayze if I got the name wrong Razz) faked his death with an exploding pottery barn, after flying over the grand log canyon for three hours to escape a glowing tracksuit, because the concept of a left turn is ridiculous. Instead get my story fix from wikis rather than waste my time being judgemental of each episode. Besides that I love the concepts introduced enough to write this much and more to come. BTW Emo is a courtesy. The ambiguously bi-curious duo, Kitty Whiskers and Keanu Grieves, are indefensible. One is literally a flamer and the other is all about man hunting whilst ignoring his bitches. Muahahaha.
Q: Troll.... You're only keen for cyberpunk because 2077 had a trailer anyways.
A: That reason is first and foremost. Unfortunately I also spent 3 years last decade involved in one long cybergeneration campaign so it's part of what I know too. As mentioned it's classless, training takes time and exp, the world is out to get you, also you can kill or be killed in a single punch which I find important for a ninja game. The system is a matter of opinion. Am writing to get this demon out my belly.
Q: Fine then. Convince me why I should play this, if that's what you're here for, with a weirdo from the 80's such as you?
A: Thank the gods! Someone saw what I did there! Oh, um, because it's a cool setting with grand possiblities and we could test out game busting mechanics? Am perfectly fine with just public brainstorming as opposed to keeping all these sexy thoughts to myself.
Q: Seriously, are you DMing or not?
A: Uhh, no for the moment. Don't have a complete setting now do I. If someone wants to with their own ideas then I'd hope they'd let me fill out the enviroment. I've not even started on the history since opting out of the Naruto universe is a good option.
Q: Well aren't you captain indecisive.
A: Shush it, shoulder elf. Half of your lines weren't even questions!
Q: When will this grand project be ready?
A: When I get my notes in order.
Q: You call those notes? I call those brainfarts best left in your undies.
A: Next.
Q: Oh the punk can dish but can't take.
A: Cut his mic! Next?
Q: Hi. What's with the elemental stuff?
A: Ah, well that's shorthand for elemental manipulations. The advanced ones like steam or ice will need at least one level in water & fire/wind before the skill can be added. Most will be similar to the others in use. Meaning you can do area attacks, moves, suffocate, increase amount, decrease amount, wards, shells, and walks related to the element. Forging or smithing with elements would be another creative fun side.
Q: How much steampunk and cyberpunk are we allowed to use weapons wise?
A: Chainsaws that fling saws, glowstick whips, bowel disurptors, dimensional smell warp, magnetic pants, most of the limited crazy science stuff from steampunk. I'd probably have to read d20 Future to get a better idea of restrictions. The late game stuff would be too far fetched. For the cyberpunk side, I'm tempted to disallow nearly everything laser based and locking you bastards to cassettes. That's right. I want to take away what made the 21th century and leave in fiberoptics on a metaphorical fishing line. Will allow monoblades & monowire. Nothing super sci-fi like spinners, smart guns, fighter jets, satellites, v-terms, or future war machines. China ain't going to this moon either. Instead of spinners you'll get experimental trains, planes, choppahs, and blimps. Might do away with gasoline vehicles too and limit bomb making material. No games on your yPhone. Calls, direct stored mail, wallpaper and ringtones from frogs are your only digital footsteps. No, your phone can't work with scrolls.
Q: Anything badass in this?
A: Could be a 6m tall goat demon sealed in a child's purple doll waiting to eat your eyes. Her name is Miss Wettlesocks. Give her a hug.
Q: Bigger.
A: Airship warfare, SNAT vs Hobo-Legion, compressed air cannons filled with canned spam, and there's a wine tasting in the Skyneedle tonight.
Q: Bigger!
A: Snailagon dissolving Cthulhu's left foot as squidie urinates salt into 2/5 eyes. Also, zombie pirates.
Q: Going to put all those jutsu and skills in?
A: No.
Q: Can I make a jacket of that soul-tap stuff?
A: And suck it dry.
Q: Can we still make paper bombs and chakra gems?
A: Plan to make those a near painstaking process with paper, ink, and glass hunting or making. Drugs and bombs would be easier to procure.
Q: What's with that guy's arm and can it sign?
A: It's a constant puppet and yes it can sign entire jutsu independent of the other arm. Don't ask me why. Bigger? Razz
Q: Can I have mono-kunai?
A: Hell yeah.
Q: How about a shotgun tonfa? Flamethrower katana? Shuriken'n'C4?
A: Completely legal.*
Q: Can I be a Symbiote or have a Bloodpact Monkey pal complete with banana sticker helmet?
A: Spanky shall live. Can't have the flying death beetles from the show. Bug use and type, there will be more then one type, should work much like a Moujuu Aishou companion if we get that far. Could expand to include a virus cohort that rides along in your leper skin sacks. I could just quit too ya'know. Fair warning in case your heart was set on commanding an army of face-biting leper monkeys during Tet.
Q: I'm willing to help if you're willing to listen.
A: Meh..
Q: What about the Hero system? Also have M&M, GURPS, Pathfinder, and Rifts.
A: Didn't think that far or cared to crack open a book when I started writing. Am surprised I wrote this much with an awful system in mind. Only at this point do I think,"Wow you messed yourself, dude." so two more questions please.
Q: What do you really want from all this?
A: Abetment. Story. Style. Honestly I'd like to see what can be done within constraints I just set. If one of your forementioned systems gets voted in will consider myself lucky. Whether this goes to post, mumble, or nowhere will be beyond me shortly. Am happy to be finished with this tl;dr for an idea which was left dying in a dark corner of my head couple of days ago.
Q: Prepare for butthurt.
A: Touche.
aviary_fp
Kage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While very interesting, I couldn't quite follow the flow of the thread long enough to decipher what exactly its purpose is. Are you trying to recruit for a game, or laying down the groundwork for a variant setting along with houserules?
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aviary_fp wrote:
While very interesting, I couldn't quite follow the flow of the thread long enough to decipher what exactly its purpose is. Are you trying to recruit for a game, or laying down the groundwork for a variant setting along with houserules?

This quote leads me to believe he is not trying to recruit for a game:

DasFoot wrote:
Q: Seriously, are you DMing or not?
A: Uhh, no for the moment. Don't have a complete setting now do I. If someone wants to with their own ideas then I'd hope they'd let me fill out the enviroment. I've not even started on the history since opting out of the Naruto universe is a good option.

It's at best a brain dump on the groundwork for a variant setting.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, the entire thing reads more like a joke; it doesn't take itself seriously in any way.

Not to mention that if it were either of the things postulated here, it's in the wrong place entirely.
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirShadow wrote:
Eh, the entire thing reads more like a joke; it doesn't take itself seriously in any way.

Not to mention that if it were either of the things postulated here, it's in the wrong place entirely.

You're probably right. Go Troll-power!
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of his sentences were so long without spaces I had to edit them because this thread had a sidescroller.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am an executive troll if that was an accusation. Wink
Have decided being in the Naruto universe isn't for this setting and would open more avenues with a different world. Let's start with the two moons. Fushann a black and glowing volcanic moon with an elongated orbit. Circling the planet a little less than 72 times a year. The other is bigger, eggshell white, yet further away, Huantiu. Who determines the months since her elliptical is circular. The 5 seasons are each 86 days long making for 430 days years. While I'm at let's name this planet Naizi because yelling "What on Nazi!?" is funny and for a reason you'll have to google. Hint: tits. Since I'm not using the original map anymore can have a natural peninsula a mile up the river on the highrise side, complete with gated scenic beach, and a man made peninsula on the gross industry side. Throw a prison/oil rig out in the ocean too. Will make up 3 key races in time. Probably have drowish desert dwellers since everyone loves drows. Normals. Then the culturally invasive european types since I'm a hack. Segue!
To correct the technology issue I left open with cell phones will have to set a standard. Google MicroTAC. That's their best comercial phone. Nokia 101 versions cost more than a Lexus. Stored voicemail would be on a tiny cassette inside if you can afford the option. Nearly everything is still running analog and the average consumer's portable phone is a halfway beeper. Someone calls your phone, the bulky thing makes a sound, then one must run to a phone outlet and jack in to have a conversation. Which is annoying, but could be a lot of adventuring fun if you make PCs wait at a public jack kiosk. Wallpaper is now the design on said hulk phone. Good news is those can double as AM/FM radios for a price. Solars, hand cranks, and shakers are bigger and suck more. For the time texting shall stay in the maybe pile.
Chakra has been replaced with Qi. Qi gems are impossible to make, but they are mined and common in jewelry since the soft glow of a universe within a jewel is freaking awesome. Mined gems an be used and filled repeatedly only to break when storing too much qi. Qi limit will be 3 times carat with a bonus or drawback from color. Man made gems will be very flawed have a chance to break with each use. As for tags, ink jutsu, and the sort you'll have to use whale oil which I'd pitch barrels of Baleen oil as US$340.90 minimum in the city. FYI kunai, large blades, throwing stars, all knives, and All paper tags would count towards the five uniques ruling under that gun nut law. Needles, darts, weaponized nails, and other obviously weaponized throwing impliments count towards the 15 bullets rule. That 11 oz part means you can have up to 165 fluid ounces, about 28 coke cans, or nearly 5 liters of liquid fuel on you. By far the weirdest part wouldn't you say? A box of regular nails & screws gets a pass of course.
Let's cover that strange law some more while I'm rolling. It's not a well known law. Only criminal types ever follow it and the police rarely press the charge outside of their shakedowns. Could have a case of clay grenades, a belt fed mini-gun, or seven WMDs in your pocket and get a slap on the wrist. Would be relieved of the item, fined, perhaps spend a night in jail, or face 330 days of incarceration at best if you had that many nukes. Because "Dungeon Thunder: The Law" counts as a misdemeanor. Judged no differently than drunk and disorderly. Though gun possession as with drug possession goes on to blood, print, and file. See how shakedowns and bribes might be profluent? The country does hold fast to honor and most civilians will be avoidant of permanent shame. This city isn't morally bankrupt so not all cops will be extortionists. Have a 50/50 chance for either a crusader or mob cop. If you haven't figured it out yet that law is mainly for fucking with the players or NPCs.
Here's a generator if you don't like seventh sanctum. http://donjon.bin.sh/scifi/random/#cyberpunk_npc
Great site for gems. http://www.ajediam.com/Sizes-of-Diamonds.html
Good news everyone!..Else. Big Eyes Small Mouth can work within this world and if you can turn a man into a puppet within a puppet sure as heck make a mech. To make puppetry costly a specific oak wood will be needed else Qi strings just won't work. Any part you want moving, that isn't trigger by something else, has to be of that wood. Can drill, embed, stud, sheild, and mechanize the wood in ways too numerous to mention. If 70% of the puppetable surface area is still wood probably wouldn't need to argue much after getting too creative. If anyone reading this has locked themselves in a wooden gundam I'd like to read about that session.
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

150 views? Bit surprised people looked here. Been a while since I bricked a wall hasn't it. Forgot a good deal of additions I wanted to type, since I'm not flowing like before in the title post, but I'll cover the simple stuff quickly since too much is said already. For starters will fill in the promised drow race. We'll jump back a few hundred years to briefly cover a history. You'll have a not yet named slate grey being born beautiful with either cream blond or jet black hair. They have a thing for white and light brown furs. Tanning, hunting, moon worship, and adobe housing are ways of life. As part of a peace pact they can enslave pale folk who enter their desert. Will often sell them back to other countries in one of the major towns as they hold outsiders with contempt equal to a stray cat. They also brokered a good and harsh prison system with other countries to hold their prisoners.
Am throwing american indians into Mongolistan for a quick summary. Their desert, one part jungle, is protected by a slightly curving V shaped great wall and at the tip are three major towns. The great walls double as aqueducts. Which serve to contain the yet named sailback sand ostrich which the people herd around their plateau villages. They aren't bison, but come close. Anyways the race is very clean and traditional holding much sacred. None of that sex slave shit and any who DM know better. The premiere great tip city has a fascination with circle architecture and elevated living.
Cause of the new enviroment we can make new species of bugs, birds, and pet. Animal summons can have hidden if not random alignment bonuses, but no alignment application for humans. Just the extra dimensional being. One of the seasons will be known as the Ash Season because the volcanic moon takes a longer stint of sun light. Is molten active to every hemisphere during that time with the rare black flakes in the highest atmosphere people incorrectly believe to be ash. This happens because the moon isn't given much time to cool in the shadow of Huantiu or Naizi so basalt does explode into space at times.
Disruptors. Whether by jutsu, bomb, or bullet an active jutsu can be halted or dispelled with disruption tech. While on the subject all computers will be like the ones from Alien. Green/blue/red text, no graphics, and huge machines. Bamboo will be in surplus for the metroplex. Can make armor, weapons, or ammo from the stuff. I'd love to debate armor layering and a damage system to better group the choatic creations put forth, but will settle for hamfisting all to standard practices. Style over substance is what all punk settings ask for. I greatly encourage adding personality to every article you wear. Some NPC style ideas: Center cracked pearl buttons on dress shirts, daggers fashioned from ritzy hot pokers, neon racing striped tank tops, triple layered shaves above left ears, scented ear chains, headphones with a jellyfish emblem, qi gem encrusted flute, bandolier bookbags(which I'd abuse with stuff like a reverse polarity chest magnet), and a face covering veil of a hoodie which shows a wide open tiger's mouth.
Sorry I've forgotten much else meant to be added and I'd rather not waste my time explaining an arabic city with a man made waterfalls and elevators. There are also end game ideas I'd rather keep to myself as spoiler alerts never work.
edit: One handed signs would add +6 to DC and +14 for hands free.
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

200 already? Now I feel obligated to post this.
Back to Tamagakure, a name that needs to be replaced, and it's coast. The scenic beach will have to be 20+ miles away. Have no plans for a waterbreak. Have two gigantic man made sand mountains in spitting distance of the beach with Hollywood style mansions sprinkled on the sides. The best side of town of course.
Changing bits up with something once thought to do on a minecraft server. Multiply that marble bamboo stalk building into four varying in size, height, cut, top, and tint forming a unique plaza. The smallest is also the widest and will be a vertically oriented sports arena in the color of sandstone. With the dome on it looks like the tip of your ring finger. The curved dome is drawn down into an open panel sheath outside the arena. Which ends five floors high from the ground. Looks like an interesting golden scabbard mouth or flute with the dome back I guess. Turn a finger tip from convex to concave with the nail still there and that's about the shape of things. Being 208m tall should be more than enough room.
Next up from there is the original marble banzai dome mentioned in the first post being the second smallest. Serving us with an underground subhub, first floor mall, museum, hotel, and the horticultural preserve atop will have light dances on that tree. Nothing near a KISS concert, but deal with it, can't have 400 spotlights handing from the glass. 293m to the tip top. Haven't decided on what will make the next two special. Next tower would be taller, red, have bubbles, and be mostly plate glass with a heli pad. The tallest would be the thinest and even thinner going up. All half-tint glass with a grid of light nodes. The colors shows of these pre-LED programs wouldn't look good from up close, but the images would be clear from a few miles away. Dual 22m fans working on the same gears intersect like an X on top occasionally do smoke shows or petal blow outs.
The fifth bridge from the mouth of the river is a cosmopolitan arch between to major service lanes. Two lanes going one-way on both sides, different flow directions of course, but aren't topside. Topside is stall after stall after kiosk resemblant of a boardwalk fair. Basically it's Golden Gate with turned sweet ass tourist trap with a mainstreet crammed inbetween. Did I forget to mention it's a copper colored suspension bridge? Well it tis. This is the city's largest sidewalk so why not have a small ferris wheel too.
That main street arch, which will be turquoised steel, mentioned doesn't connect to the street like the rest of the bridge. The ends go lower than street level and are steep so visitors use stairs, escalators, or the neat service elevator to get here: http://governancexborders.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/nordmann-bitola-main-street.jpg
Can't describe these places word by word now can I. The yet named group of the yet named european invasion paid for the bridge because, well, it symbolizes bridging the gap. Makes for a humble themepark too. Put a glass bottom fountain filled with pennies in front of that horse, with a crowd or video art on display, and you've about got it. Two hotels, rent ready apartments above ths shops, and a capital building just for kicks. As Dubain this all may be is important to keep with overly detailed emersion to distract from the constant number crunching. Pile on the adjectives. Force players to constantly use their imagination so grind addiction is replaced with the need for creation!
You've noticed the lack of detailed NPCs to accompany these places. Usually those should be secret, but have this one for free. In one of the small block markets you maybe daggle a teenage con-girl for one of your horndogs to shadow. She'll be one of those drows mentioned before. She's a petite, no T or A worth noticing, shiny fragrant skin, and bounces around a lot because it's flirty. She'll take her googly eyed mark by the arm, but never pickpockets. Her family is rich and she does this stuff because no one stops her. If the group is troublemakers she'll tag along until sirens are heard then bolts. If the group is too cautious she'll eventually annouce disappointment and pout off to be seen another day. To betray another day in another way. A DM's cute little kender is born and here are the pervy details.
Her posh spice punk cut is shaved to the skin on the left side centered an inch around the ear. From there to an inch above the temple is the short white stubble one would expect using the No.1 setting with clippers. These short hairs go completely around the head, aside from the top portion, and there isn't a clean shaven area around the right ear. From above the forehead to the top knot area is full hair and she lays it straight over the right which ends inches above the collarbone. Her eyes are pale grey, she likes to entice with hot pink lipstick smiles, her nose is tiny, and has a diamond stud in the left nostril. She wears a thick quilted sports bra of golden nylon, desert camo cargo pants, and half an emo sleeve bedazzled on her left hand. Because guys like skin and girls in army fatigues. Because we're sick Step Up watching bastards.
Use this punk or another kid to guide the kill-tots away from the blood ponds and to the path of consumerism. The dark side gives cookies only after you wash those hands. When she isn't stirring up tension she'll drop hints of what is popular, what's chill, and buy one or two articles of clothing for someone in group to get their love. Yeah, she's a mean girl that isn't mean. Have fun with that. She could crash their party at an out-of-rickshaw noodle dispensary and move on from there.
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In continuing the story line we'll skip any guidelines baldy might give, including how bad it would be if the police heard an old man was sheltering children in his attic, and give the kids directions to Buunell's instead.
Is the early morn past 7 am. This townhouse had the sidewalk removed and replaced with three empty orange line parking slots. The first floor exterior is accentuated with blinking neon calligraphy "Buunell's Tavern & Spirits" with carved sign boards below reading,"Hot Food! Hot Women! Hot Deals! 18 hours of service!" with a lawn chair beside the seven short steps to the fancy wood door. There is a row of stairs behind that chair going down to the basement with a bulb lit sign "Quick Liquor" above it's iron bar door. Seeing the pad look on that gate the lot hops the stoop.
Inside you'll see this: http://www.yumseng.com/images/daniel/chengchengsbar.jpg with 5 people, 4 oak chairs at each of the 3 oak tables, 2 pool tables and a pinball machine. There is that wage slave at the bar, two short old ladies with perms laughing at their own stories at the closest table, and two men behind the bar.
Only one of which works there to be sure as the young boy making vigorous movements with his shammy is in a white dress shirt and black slacks making him a student. His face darts to the entrance and his bowl cut flaps before he stares. A murmur escapes "Dad?" and the reply "It's okay I got this." as a handsome man with a hairless head places a hand on his shoulder,"They're friends of a friend..Go wash your hands and don't forget your bag." prompts the kid to leave his wet cloth and walk into the back through a swinging door. "Ken called me ah half hour ago *sniff* said to put you guys up for the next two days, but listen here. I don't know you. Don't steal anything. Don't touch anything, and if one of you gets hammered I'll shove you in the drunk tank myself. Got that? Now. I got five rooms upstairs there. Your are bunks 1, 2, and 3...Pretend you are guests at a fancy hotel, keep it formal, and we'll get along fine." he turns, jiggles about in a draw, comes back with a smile on his face,"Here's your keys aaand have a good time."
The stairs cut left, over what must be the kitchen, as the drywall changed to all wood panels and one of the steps felt warm. The second floor decor isn't far from the style in the bar. An open door on the right shows they have a communal shower, sink, towels, and toilet for occupants. Which looks promisingly clean. The 1x2.3m rooms he gave you on the other hand are practically barren with the same mobile home wood panels you saw in the stairwell. No dresser. No mirrors. No closet. No drawer in the end table, but the bottom was taken out and a bike basket stapled in place. There is a shake'n'shine flashstick chained to the basket. The beds appear comfy with three green bedsheets set military style in straightness. The ceiling fan was once an oscillating fan that fought the odds and evolved a pull string. The single bulb fit for lighting this closet room is connected to a tiny gear behind a door hinge. Meaning anytime the door opens the light comes on.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DasFoot wrote:
In continuing the story

This is a story?! What the...

DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, table setting. I lack names for anything other than the planet, which is tits, so this will never count as a story. Figured whoever(can only be you!)keeps reading this might want more than skyscaper talk and leaving ghost teens to play with a chinese made ark of the covenant. Looking back that whole post was awful.. More importantly gave an exhibit for the trigger-hinge and a slightly relevent POV to use if I ever go inside the places described.
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winds rattle sheet metal against the chain length fence it's fastened behind. Lashed to fencing wall are various objects. Baskets, towels, loops of wire, a shovel, a pickaxe, notebooks, small flasks of water, random lengths of copper pipes, and so on. The floor is wooden planks on sheet steel and standing posts beneath beams upholding plywood floors or paper fans. This three tier octogonal hut is wide open and rustic like a barn. Near the highest point in the interior of this steel barn is a warped glass prism. Under that is a concave stainless steel bowl with an iron pipe through the center. There is a yellowish liquid in the pan if you were to look in and water drips slowly from the odd skylight on high.
Below is an indoor greenhouse with an intricate green glass roof made so broken light stays in the central column. There are eight incling shelves, two in each of the four direction, with four tall cacti just outside the center. Plants such as quinoa, olives, and blue eye peas are grown here. The walls for this homegrow are of much duller green glass. That room is bright like a pillar of light compared to the rest of this huge hut for it is the one source of light inside.
The shelter is sectioned to a vague likeness of rooms. Two beds that see daily use, living area, a kitchen, a dinning area with a single table complete with chairs and a picnic bench against the wall. A workstation and an indoor outhouse. The second floor is boards with storage bins, a radio, a slit making for the only window in this barn, and an unused bunk bed, but does have stairs to each area. The roof for each floor is more fence and sheet metal or a welded garage door.
There are three ways out. A door from the kitchen or living area and the stairs beside the greenhouse. The porch is all steel grating with blankets, rugs, and cloth clamped overhanging the edge. Two garage doors protect the entrances. The tip top is a blunt minaret. The circular rooves look like a series of white clam shells stacked on top one another. Fluted sheets are fashioned like horizontal fans slicing into the wind. Which cannot be seen well from the ground as this sandy plains tree fort is 15m up. Five solid round pillars and a large square shaft in the center uphold an upside down pyramid of sandstone. Was once a chimney for an eccentric man's mine. Many modifications were made, such as geothermal generators, to the chimney pot currently serving as a basement. Most interesting is the shanty living space above the former spout spins slowly. Back inside this is made most clear around the greenhouse as it's platform stays still while the floor around moves. There are stairs behind it leading down to a gate.

For those of you reading for places in your own game this is probably the best to take. Lumped a bunch of cooling designs into one place. Don't bother trying to argue the solar still stuff as I obviously didn't care where the drips hit. Pretend I added a farm and stairs too. Was going to include a scene with an overly robed hermit lady blasting down a spy balloon with her tuning gun, but I'll just describe the gun and leave the junk in the basement to your imaginations.
First, picture one of those grabber claws people use to pick up trash. Then we change out the two gripping fingers to ball peen hammers. Then we add some crazy tranformer block behind the claw head to make it look all sci-fi like. Adjacent to the hammer heads, whether behind or beside the point of collision, are two silver rods to act as tuning forks. Pull the trigger and the hammers go bing. You'll have a 1m to 8m damage cone of the shatter spell. Reload by popping the rods out, the rods don't fall out, and dumping the spent Qi gem from the slot in each. Which means a round spent front loading. Cause blunderbuss' are punk.
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't noticed I try to put in a post every 50 views. Talking myself into things, as wont to do in that second post, doesn't make for great motivation. Thanks for reading, guess it's two or three of you looking over and over, but I'll avoid many details as super long posts can't be loved. These four places were in my head during the first post so have a read.
The Glass Chalice is a repossessed parking garage inspired by this: http://assets.inhabitat.com/files/leedgarage1.jpg
To keep this shorter. Imagine that with a 18 story champaign glass baring likeness of the Seattle Space Needle through the center. The glass itself has only three common use floors. A lobby, the kitchen, and a large ballroom dining area with yellow ting glass. The exterior is laminated in glass with cleverly hid seams. Only the ballroom has a view and the rest of the laminate is untinted. They use pale pine wood underneath to keep the color constant for this gigantic cup. Put a dancehall, winery, ping pong and bowling alley in the reformed parking lot for good measure.
The Acurnim is an elaborately shapened dual blimp nightclub which only runs services in the late evening and you'd better be super rich if you which to stand in line. They land every hour and 20 mins leaving 10 mins to shuffle all in & out. Of course you could fly up to it, or use their taxi service, because there is two hover docks and a helipad on top. The hover docks are near the front and back of the blimp as they are not part of the gondola. Don't worry I'll explain how that's possible. There are two primary long ballonets, with four secondary tanks for either to share, have a slim amount of space between them. Maybe 11m? There is an elevator shaft(three service)and stairwell between the two because there are four hallways running longways. Picture a = over a | so we can move on.
Top hall is maintance and storage. The middle two are crew, maintance, mini suites, and rear dock. Lowest hall being two grand suites, a glass bottom pool near the rear, secondary bridge in front, and bow dock. The room at end of the top hall and above the middle hall is smaller balloons. Beneath the back dock and atop the second bridge is also extra balloons. Top of the elevator shaft is the helipad of course, but the blimps are contained by two oval ribs with well lit passenger elevators. The slow and smooth transition of random colors give an extra prestige. It's a one way trip to the top unless you have a key. There are two outer halls that curve on each side, so will look like an bd on the ribs, and these halls are mostly military only. An engine at the center of each is subtly hidden and machine gun turrets are under large lighting panels.
Are seven small engines with two on the two floor gondola. Which holds the tiny stern bridge, the luxurious restaurant, four motel rooms, and the executive suite.
Spoileralert!!theglasstopmentionedinthetitlepostisachandelierterraruimforthewaltzhall!!
There is an over abundance of wood frame and gold tile inside. Very victorian.
The forts were originally city parks before a series of layoffs and Fall of the Three Giants created the homeless epidemic. The parks became financial displacement camps. Then the city stopped giving a crap as the parks became irreparable wastelands. Waste in so many broad uses of the word. Let's cut corners again!
Defensive wall of Good shanty fort: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/images/photogallery/0015000/qiao%20compound%200014523tm.jpg
Wall for Bad shanty fort if you cut the height in half: http://www.greggirard.com/content/gallery/girard_kowloon_c.jpg
Good shanty fort, aka Mucombuzi, has a precise 7m across track of open area between the outer wall and the tightly packed central residency. Lot of asian esteem in this compound, but it's repurposed trash. They have mounted non-leathal cannons on the wall with round the clock security to stop gangs, dealers, other squatters, criminals in general from taking a run at the gate, and to deter dirty cops from extorting the peachy commune. No city powergrid here. Has only one clean water source, which they collectively pay for, the monitored fountain. Buckets only please. Everything else need be dampened can be done in the city's concrete drainage canal running just at the edge of the park. They'll give you an air/timed deteriorating paper badge if they let you in for business.
Evil shanty fort, aka Tukqin, is exactly like kowloon with a lot more thunderdome. Not much more to add building wise aside from the twin tuscan towers of the Kings' Palace at it's center. Let's not talk about that. Instead, let's talk indentured labor. Debt fueled micro factories abound. If you saw that episode of Vice with the indian shanty town. This is that with underthugs yelling to tearful men and women at sewing machines. Shirts, shoes, and plastics too. Trash scavenging is the universal free time job anyone can skip to and do. There is a trash intake lot and beside that an outtake lot because the city planners decided it's better than paying for recycling.
Exchange for cash casinos, escort cartels, designer drug labs, blackmarket zoos without cages, cage fight disputes, forgery*cough* copier rings, etc. Forgery doesn't include counterfeiting here. Down tunneling operations stopped after a surprise police raid because the city claims there was trips on seismographs. The arrests weren't the problem. Eventually became known developers were pressuring lawmakers to demolish the parks and more. The mob doesn't have the money or influence to rival them, they shifted gears. Commissioned sledgehammer gangs called Maulers patrol the lots looking for gun shops, bomb makers, iron restraints, dead bodies of any kind, and money prints to smash. The overbosses don't want independent fools bringing the hammer down on their land claim with illegal activities they don't control or scoops the news won't ignore.
Both feel the end is coming soon. Mucombuzi has become an end times cult while the Tukqin mob is abusing the gimmick before their free ride is over. Besides sophisticated kites attached to pull cord pulleys, like the kind on lawn mowers, for grinders and germ killing steam showers not much else worth telling.
Slap an NPC shanty foot soldier with one of these. Under his left forearm are three 2cm wide pipes welded together attached to a curved block of wood near his elbow. Each tube contains a launchable item or in his case one tear gas canister, a bundle of needles, and a mini flare. His would be fired manually with a wire tied around his pinky. Anyone else could use Qi strings.
By all means tell me what you'd like to see in print or what fun idea is on your mind. I might like it, might hate, likely won't keep it. Not running dry yet, but I'd like to know what someone other than shoulder elf has conjured from this..open journal.
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am going to scatter shot and spill my mind out in text this time. Reason is the devil!
While the new moons were cooking in my skull I wondered if this setting should be with a new system. Rules, damage dice, keep the basic spells and whistles, but predominantly d20 centered. What is realistically intrinsic to us and what skills are collective. Here's something all will want to flame about, but I spent a fair amount of time making comparisons to what we do in real life, whilst shitting, and came to this conclusion. Dexterity is a skill. Won't bother explaining how or why I came to that point. Even if I gave ready evidence and thinking points to combat the debate my attackers would make for such a versatile word. They couldn't be paid a dime to mind. I'll just say dexterity is what ballerina, cardsharks, and surgeons need the most.
Reflex & Fortitude are our natural responses. Physical strength is right there in the body. Cyberpunk's empathy and cool are two sides to the same emotionally collected coin so they'll suffice. Think about it, empathy and indifference or powering through both come naturally. Empathy won't be the charisma it was is all. Renaming Appearance to Allure and that can serve as both charm and comeliness. Empathy is understanding that can be used to charm others sure, but is better as the Wisdom stat which serves well in searching for the most logical place to find things people place stuff. Unfortunately I can't think of a better name at the moment. Tech stat will remain because destructing or constructing stuff resourcefully, productively, and creatively really is a personal trait over skill. Changing the name to Ingenuity since that's a good representation for technical imagination.
Brains, education, knowledge, or mind would be a better name than Intelligence. Fortitude is us reacting with extreme conditions and pain so I'm turning that into a stat which resists health conditions and adds to HP. Breaking up Body so you don't have to be a beef cake to keep from fainting. Needs some type of math so STR & FORT enhance your hit take. Reflex is a response with speed so that's your AC and dodge in one. Reflex is more in line for immediate punching or throwing and won't be for guns. Since targeting can come naturally a Precision or Aim stat will be made so accuracy and dodging won't come from Reflex. Sneak attacks for any attack should be made with Precision. So...
We have Strength (HP,dmg), Reflex (AC,melee to-hit), Precision (aim,ranged to-hit, ranged dmg?), Fortitude (the new Con), Knowledge{?}(Int), Ingenuity (creation,knowhow), Empathy (Wis), Cool (Will), Allure (Cha), & Qi.
Dumping Luck for a more acute approach. With Luck you'd take a number from the stat and apply to a roll. I'm saying if you wanted to add a bonus to a lifting roll you'd take a number from the Body stat and add that to the roll. Which would be reset to original value after the encounter or session. Could do the same for reflex, precision, fort, cool, and empathy.
That's all fine and good you might be snidely saying, but what of HP? Armor? Damage? Well, a bit more radical idea came to mind. A we-could-reach-500HP kind of idea. The stats and skills need to be small numbers, right? Not HP, DR, and damage. I want those three to basically be an incremental system onto themselves involving totals in the hundreds. Because 9 HP shouldn't feel like a physiology difference in stature. This won't settle the competitive numbers race we have in campaigns, heck some might be more obsessed with numbers, but it does open for additional mechanics.
Could we still die in a fire, bleed out in three hits, or take 92 bullets and still live like that guys the cops shot? Sure! I just don't have the math of course. The hopeful picture is, say, you could have a lithe teen with 184HP or a real bruiser of a right tackle with 425HP and a double shotgun slug would hit each for a rolled 375 before damage reductions. Which consists of reflex stat, then addition skills or active jutsu bonuses, and physical resistance would be the beef of the reduction math. The only definite number in mind is death at -90.
edit/ (STR+FORT)x38=HP, because 9 is reserved for the son of heaven. Stats are min 2 and max 8 in cyberpunk so this works out. Damage shall be the die roll times thirteen since that is another number of significance in China. Most blades will be d4 or d6 with d8 or d10 ceiling for claymores, battle axes, scythes, etc. Guns are custom made so the GM has complete control over all aspects. /end
edit/ Proficiency swords or throwing or whatever won't be until lvl 4 with the related skill so you'd take a -4 to -1 to-hit until lvl4. The damage die for your fists will be the STR number to be known as dSTR minus 1, so dSTR-1 x13. Don't have a weight chart in mind yet, but like dnd, should have small/medium/large items weight. Unlike DnD the size of the weapon should not directly determine damage aside from the likes forementioned in the previous edit. Weight plays a bigger part than size in my experience. Though a blade in motion, katana(short sword) or buster sword, takes an arm all the same irl btw. Ah, but takes STR to weild the big boy. The way I see it. If you have a STR catagory over the item's size catagory then that should get a bonus of some sort. Whether to damage or aim or a decision between the two I do not know at this time. If you swing an item catagory over your STR then there should be a penality to aim and damage if not both. Which would apply to some gun use too I'd imagine since you aren't Dirty Harry. Strikes with a slasher would gain a modest damage bonus of say dSTR without times if they hit. Great thing about blades is lethal damage over time from bleeding out. A bludge gets dSTR-1x13 plus what ever the club would give. Maybe a d3, d4, or d6 at sludge best. Trying to combine the two would likely result in a pierce style weapon. Don't have as clear thoughts for pierce damage types, but ((dSTR-2)+weapon die)x13 seems okay. Confirmed criticals will be x2 and x3 if nat 19-20 when confirming. Thinking one could suppliment their damage die or accuracy during a sneak first attack by taking a number away from their Precision. A once an encounter move that keeps that number off for the rest of the encounter. Strength could boost haymaker damage in this regard. I'd do something special for hitting limbs or same spots repeatedly if I knew the best way to multiply that. Called shots encouraged. Since we have Fort can do stamina math. Depending on what you do, what you wear, and what you cast during combat. Passing a certain amount of rounds you become less effective if not exhausted depending on rolls. Fort x6 equals your stamina threshold and have to roll beneath your Fort stat each round afterwards to keep pace./end
edit/ After a mock battle, which went better in fluidity than I thought it would, peircing can have d4 or d6 in the right size. Trident, scythe, or some crazy comb hammer can make the rare d8 spot if made right. Scythe is mentioned twice because it can do both types. If that hits a limb instead of body I'd count that as a slash half the time personally. If the greatsword penalities and all didn't destroy my pickster I might have added more STR component to slashing damage. Which reminded me we needed expensive healing tags and that I never mentioned the life insurance agents that can bring you back from death. If you're good at something, drive a kickass sports car, and don't do it for free./end

Of course I'm spitballing so don't be so vein bulgingly eager to post just yet.
For one, non lethal won't be a separate number. Lethal hits take from the same pool and last for days. For two, this is a good way to make food intake affect health. Food?1!? Yes, meals. An activity that could reprehensibly slow a live game down to a crawl could very well change the next fight and does what the first lady couldn't. Gets kids to watch what they eat. Seriously, ask any boxer, that shit matters. Couple sleep and rest with health too.
For three, and most unfathomably so, we can finally shoot myself in the foot with layering. I'm not being arrogant in thinking we can solve that puzzle. I know that's a big ass cookie built to crumble. BuuUuUuht. This setting is more role than roll because fashion, weight, and scarcity can and should play a key part for a ninja. You don't have to play by my none existant rules, but I'm trying to do stuff anew even to me. The random joy of killing should be the least of their goals anyways. Getting away with murder and looking awesome while doing so is much more..rewarding. Honestly, I'd give extra exp to the first PC to shiv a pig with his codpiece. Speaking of which...
Remember when I suggested the use or Fable's exp system? Well I'd like there to be active training. Meaning at the end of each session there would be points to spend under the base stat rolled. Say tonight you rolled 5 times, 3 knowledge checks and 2 allure checks, then you would have points to assign in related skills or the stat itself during last call. Would see eg.172/440 below the stat or skill. Encouraging behaviour the old fashion way and rather effectively discouraging throw away sheets. Can do two or five pools with the ten stats and yes I like having that many stats. It's refreshing.
Back to fashion and armor. This is another optional ruling of course. Much of what you wear affects your first impression for better or worse. I want fashion and armor to do just that. From a secret diplomacy DC modifier to having a fanbase of officers I want PCs to know there is a balancing act between rough and cute in play. Because a hello kitty purse wouldn't make up for the tire and twine on your left shoulder IRL.
You can be intimidating or appealing or do you best to be both. If you wore three shirts for armor you'd get maybe 6 total torse DR, but you wouldn't get nervous stares in coffee shop and the server wouldn't spit in your latte like that tire would. Cut the collar on all three then wear a push-up bra and the cashier might give you extra change back. Payment to get away if you're a guy. That kind of stuff.
Shitty example, but we're going to focus on one item rather than a suit. Say our PC wears urban camo pants with solid rubber knee pads, shinguards, codpiece, the whole ready for war fatigue. We'll give him 84 DR for leggings, but he'll take -1 to some Allure based skills on the first roll and jumping/running because of a cumulative on appeal and weight. If he/she tries to gussy it up with two pink ribbons on one thigh, a sticker from a gumball machine on the right knee, and "Sisters' Maternity Pants" in white print on a shin you could lose some intimidating allure. The idea right now is so every fashionable addition, to a point, gives .1 or more based on what the GM thinks adds to Allure.
Works like a gauge too. Up is hot, down is not. Won't have round up and is completely GM's opinion for what's a hip addition. Once they hit a whole point the effect kicks in. Only the GM has to know the decimal value, but once the point takes effect the GM should put get that point on their character sheet so they know.
Jewelry, suits, ties, swords, shoes, tats, piercings, bomber jackets, etc. should affect how the PCs are interacted with if they are quite outside the norm. You don't need knight's armor for protection as magic jewels, hardened paper or bamboo, steel plates under the sleeves, and so on can serve to the same degree. Damage should be different for each limb, but add towards the whole. Also, I hate the idea of a ninja that can't guise shit and you should be punished as a pariah if your idea of a living shadow is thugging about with a frohawk. That's what started my craving for dress coding. Because man-barbies are fun did I think there should be rules endorsing landsknechtism. Can do just about anything to impress your GM into adjusting your Allure, but know most will and should be ignored as every little bit doesn't help. Just keep your sealed items within the bounds of pg.1055 in your Naruto d20, m'kay.

tl;dr?
As I'll keep reminding this is mind turd on blogTP for all to read. Was covering my thoughts to splitting cyberpunk stats for a more complicated use thus more complicated PCs. Much as I personally want an HP system that aims for damage refinement. Know I'll only see that in video games. The superficial fashion shit felt like it might discourage throwaway characters since they can try picturing their being doing these things. Instead of always placing focus on winning a fight. I'm wrong of course as players will always do stupid rampage shit for weird kicks I'll never understand. Am of the hope some of your players would like fashion consequences only failing to have that talk. Don't see it working in Naruto d20, but not much point in these crazy long posts either. Take care, hope my musings gave inspired whatever, and needs more bamboo water fountain.
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot a good deal of what I wanted to add this past friday. Won't be vesting anymore into that proposed damage system, unless someone asks me to or the unlikely mood hits me, so am only sliding in the lighter notes for today.
Jetsledge. A warhammer with a on/off switch to seven tiny CO2 cartridges for a minor boost. Adds one die or point to strength based damage and is good for 6 to 42 uses at best. Can buy Ironman style Qi repulsor gloves, but won't fly or hover. Can't use those on puppet limbs either. There is no law against straping a giant fan and parachute to your back so try that instead of jump jets. If that's not good enough there is the sparkler shotgun which fires a spread of unpredictable crackling pellets. If you've been to a firework show you know what cracklers I'm talking about. These will do a 35ft line of flat d3 damage with a fair chance to daze, momentarily blind, or impair hearing for a turn.
Don't have a new sport to add yet so make due with parkour races and cattle prod prize fights. Since car insurance can be as much as rent there will be a slim chance to see one of these:
http://www.motornomadics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Neverwas-picByChristopherMichel.jpg
RVs like those can serve as in city mobile homes, stores, or radio studios since there is no FCC here. Might even make hot air balloons like this with billboards since the insurance is oddly the same.
Tiny mutant ent monsters roam the swamps. The Chinstain gang, they drink rum with blood, runs an anchored at sea casino within the abandoned super tanker called Rum&Sex Island. Some of them deal drugs in the city. Some of those double as moth worshipping cultists.
This one is kind of important. Most of our eastern countries have long market alleys. This city has taken an interest in protecting the small business man. Instead of a long line of stalls you'll get the occasional Sell Court in a city block. These open slabs of pavement measure 8.6m wide and 8.8m long.
At the center are six vendor stalls, three back to back, partitioned by aluminium sheets with a thousand inch wide holes. These premium booths have smaller work areas than carnival booths. At either end of these stall brackets are police sheds and camera domes high on poles. There is a meter wide hall between these booths which are used to keep police presence up. The outer rim is shops within buildings. Serving drink, food, repair, haircuts, whatever you would find at a strip mall. There are usually four or less ways into these areas. Which are either gates, check points, wooden fences, or often unregistered tents if a high traffic and loose standards market. In the open area between the shops and central vendors you might find kiosks, tents, staged shows, or a hotcat cart. Every block market tends to be different, but all go by the standardize 8x8m with six stall and two response sheds at center. These measures are meant to combat congestion, theft, black market trafficking, and riot incidents. When an unofficial bangladesh type market spring up the cops will wait a while, spread a rumor, then come in force to flip tables looking for foul goods. The practise keeps the sell courts active and the police debt getting bribes for lease agreements.
The fun of these is some blocks will have notable speciality shops for players to find, visit, and be harassed at. Give or take 18 shops and six or more stalls for each cell court. Catch that word play finally? The small area makes so DMs can keep track of what's available to players and won't give them easy access to everything. They'll have to bargain hunt like normal people or they could rent a stall or they could do an adventure to get someone into one of these areas. The sell courts also make it hard to steal shit.
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Religion, power, and life insurance.
As hinted in last post there are insect cults. Here on Earth religions have praised great beasts. In this world it's the opposite with the idea being the more "children" a god has the more powerful an influence they have on the planet. Thus insects, birds, rabbits, and animals that herd are the children of some greater god. Because of past wars, war in general, crazies, lack of evidence, an inability to summon humans, and endless debates on their god's name. People in modern society commonly, by open denial or ignoring the rhetoric, rejected the view and accepted they are godless children. There may have been a god of man before, but early writing on the wall tells it died before humans learned how to draw with coal. Thus, we are all fallen bastards. Many believe the animal gods battle for our favor. Others that we are on par with the gods given our power over the world. The greatest majority think of the animal gods as demon kings since so many who worship them are seen as evil, power craving, blood magic lunatics. You'll still find man worship cults of course. They fight amongst themselves with small zealot gangs at sporting events. Some are keenly sexist. When not streetfighting, they'll verbally assualt animal god worshippers over the radio for the flesh they sully. Their purists act something akin to Westboro at the funerals of rival priests too. Making them the most headline agressive of any cults. Though they are the loudest they average the same number of worshippers as snake, spider, tuna and cricket cults. Making them thirty second best at best. Goldtash pencadin(a fictional shiny herring), brown dove, fly, moose rat, and small cat are the five most popular shrines. In that order.
The Yakavok Group. A secret city governance racquet overseen and under threat from a shadowy dragon cult of benefactors. If the group doesn't act in accordance to stabalize and improve the city as dictated. Members will be tracked, denied credit, robbed, set up, disgraced, assassinated, and replaced to fit the needs of the goodly cult. The currest members are mostly the highest CEOs, three former mayors, two district attorneys, and an entire school district. The teachers don't know that yet.
Makiluji Power: Life is precious. That is their slogan. Coal, oil, wind, solar, and soul don't you know. The company collects qi from various animal farms. Fisheries, whalers, zoologists, game wardens, even chicken and yak farmers can strap Soul-Tap onto their livestock. They sell the chakra gelatin packs back to the company for cents and peace of mind. Prisons and inmates alike make silver from for their contributions to the grid. Law prevents civilians from using soul-taps for personal use. All mentioned industries are heavily monitored with inventory checks from both company and state who also monitors the company. They are the only producers of soul-tap for that reason. Generic soul-tap's absorption rate is based on amount and amount of skin contact. A bath of 40kgs could absorb 1 point every hour and store 14 points of qi.
The Talmaska Life Insurance Co. doesn't just give your family a large sum if you die. They rush master qi-doctors to your location as fast as possible to keep you alive. They'll come by sports car or even hovercopter, or you'll have to bus over to their offices. Don't barge in unless you've been paying them every month for the past five months or they'll hit you with a pre-service fee. Their few doctors who can resurrect will revive you free of charge from brain death if they are 7 mins late, but the price for being out of plan for whatever they must do to keep you alive may be so high you'll likely be in debt for the rest of your life. They've made great business selling off these debts so don't sign up if you can't afford the premiums. This baron of health has three and a half payment plans to choose from. Their expensive triple gem plan comes with free heart radio installation, treats everything, the air response team, and doesn't bill by the accident. The cheapest is the quick fix "Weekly Savior" half gem package. Outlined by dealers as not much different from the full gem package. Being weekly rather than monthly it costs more in the long run. Half gem does cover internal bleeding, bullet, blade, and breaks like two gem. Full gem doesn't cover gunshot wounds, punctures past 11cm, multiple broken bones, and other externally introduced severe injuries on a selective basis. Will cover stage 1 illnesses, single breaks, concussions, loss of finger, and poison. If you get shot under full gem you will be billed accordingly as the doctor sees fit. Half gem is nice until you are automatically upgraded to full gem status after 6 weeks. Once you have been covered for an accumulated 6 weeks you cannot use the half gem policy ever again. Two gem covers everything but advanced biological malfunctions such as lung cancer, heart failure, stage three and four diseases, some fatal conditions, and near death conditions. Two gem does offer 3 free defibrillations.
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who keeps reading this? Hey, anon1, if you want to pitch one in feel free.
Felix_Zyphros
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a wiki.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

? Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't be doing that. I don't type that much and someone would grief me at some point. Jumped 30 over my rest so maybe I'm wrong in thinking people care to indulge. It's probably lurking naruto regulars like you just parusing, but not giving a shit, and I shouldn't count viewership as interest. Meaning a wiki would be just as pointless as what has been put down seeing as only I give a shit. Still. Enough of the self pity tripe. What would you lurkers like me to write about next? Deleted my history notes so it's square one there. Have small notes on that desert wall city, but that's a true waste of time trying to describe ancient elevators. My mind is stuck in smaller places like an illegal dentistry office or lounge staircases for an office building. Would work up a temple if I could decide what should be the city's most prominent. Drugs and monkeys? One of the PCs is a clone? A former subway & levee system now houses toxic waste and a thousand hobos? I'm lacking direction if you can't tell. Time to stop writing if you don't have anything to type about, so no big post this time.
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ain't got dick for ya but a hole in the wall. Not bouncing around much for clans and hidden villages. Picture an underground city from some minecraft server and you'll have your hidden village. Complete with classic, rundown chinese palace because yeah. Have fun with that. My favorite lean for a clan and cult insect has been crickets, but I'm staying away from such favoritism. Mention that because there are cave crickets if you didn't know. Such insect worship fits with the abandoned copper mine dwelling ninjas I had in mind. Moving on, your hidden villages should actually be hidden. Hide entrances with jungle roots, swamp grass, or sand buried tombs. Each hidden village should have a front village that works like a small, normal village. The front village for the mentioned miners is a former mining town now filled with depressed farmhands getting by on drugs and hush money.
Do have this. A shop inside such a mountain. From front to back we'll start with the openning. Large marble cubes surround the two glass doors. In the roof above the marble are four caged fans. Beyond those doors is a four bench waiting area with nice large tiles on floor and wall. This small area is lit by four fluorescent bulbs so it's very bright. Then at the edge of the waiting area are two "I" shape curved pillars with the curves facing the doors. Got a potted plants on either side of the I's. Beside the pillars are slim ramps, on left and right, and six steps down the middle. The open room fans out from there. The ceiling gets higher and you'll see two fans spread far apart in that ramping ceiling. To the sides you'll see locked ice boxes and racks of potato chips. The front counter is set up like a bank being glass partition with a slip slot. Above the glass is sheetrock and three rusty fans. There is a thick door on the right and a small garage door on the left set at an angle.
Behind that are three large tables of electronics and junk spread out. Have about 15m from counter to back and in back is a steel stairwell going up. Should be 3 floors and 2 subfloors. Top floor is air condenser and evaporator. Bottom subfloor is plumbing tanks. Let's stop there. Treat this place as a universal thrift, fix, bank, pawn, and loan. Then fill it with whatever else matters. A pretty good one stop shop for any group.
Did have an idea for a shallow, coral covered dome society. Take a concrete dome, slap some artificial coral all round, have the tip graze the water's surface by 12m or so. Instead of the usual flat city under a dome the place is set up like a giant silo with an emergency flood basin at the bottom. There's some animals pasturing down there now. Make some quarter mile away moonpools and you'll have a dam good verticle city. Could be a fun one for your regular naruto campaign.
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the lack of feedback and my own crashing enthusiasm this thread has come to a close. Didn't know what I wanted to expand on, couldn't stick by anything, so it's time to walk away. To play new games or old games with new updates.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of feedback were you looking for? o_O
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not using that word specifically. Any addition or creation from the peanut gallery would have been welcomed. Which I'd define as feedback, but I doubt you're asking for a Webster's debate.
Don't want the back rub some no doubt think I'm asking for. Just desperately(!) needed a dialog to keep me going towards the end. About a month too late if you had an idea for the stew cause I probably stopped thinking around then.
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: What timing! Reply with quote

First time checking in a week and it's 999. Making me the 1000th view.
Seriously what are you five guys checking for? Porn links? I doubt it's guests reading so must be mods. I'll edit something in for sure, but not boobies. Last post.*
Today's advanced robotic arms don't make cars, but Snug Priskhan sells hatchbacks on tiny lots all the same. Neon racing stripes with black flowers atop can be paint rolled on at his SuperClean carwash and detail for $764. Most robots are glorified staplers. Capping bottles, moving heavy crates, cutting metal, and punching tiny holes. Standing on par with the machines of the late 60's. Johnny 5 will not exist. Ever.
Now for the change I forgot posts back. To limit puppeteers, so we don't the Carrie army purging cities with telekinetic stakes, Qi-nodes must be worn. They are be specially embrewed qi gems fitted with some unique alloy that allows a single string channel. Picture a black glove with two to five finger tip moonstones and a palm bulb by default. Would be so easy to cheat at sports if all one need do is qi leash stuff without an expensive and noticeable medium. Speaking of which, skateboards and rollerskates are street legal. Don't forget to pop your collar before combining the two. Aside from qi powered glide suits I got nothing else.
Back to the abyss I go.
Reznor
Kage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like some of the ideas, but it's hard to just read it all.

Some organization would be nice.
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some paragraphs would be nicer. Reading this is like trying to traverse the Warp with a Geller field powered by an electric toaster. Maddening.

What I can read seems to be witty, and maybe even well thought out. But seriously dude, add paragraphs, and help us help you. Because I'd love to read this without my eyes glazing over. Or vision of an eight pronged star.
DasFoot
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, nope. Not going to take the bait, go back, double space, or catagorize even one post.

Sorry Reznor, but Avaricious had to flex and ruin your humble request.

Ava if you really felt that way. You would have said so long ago.

Someone else having an honest issue with my style doesn't warrant dismissive, grandiose, supplemental complaining on someone's part.
Especially true when you evidently couldn't make the same effort after my second monster post with the rest of the gang.
Uncontainable grey matter over a dead thread only warranted this much prolific effort on my part. Which is more or less me calling out that trolling. Wink

For anyone else caring to weigh in on this battle of the green bulge:

I knew it was hard to read back in April and didn't give a hoot then so I have zero Fuchs to give now.
Opinions a month after even my shortest posts? I can't take that seriously.

What little will be added, if added, won't deviate.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should take the compliment when it's given, DasFoot. People's opinions aren't what's not being taken seriously here; I doubt anyone has enough willpower to trudge through the enormous walls of text you've laid out to even give you honest criticisms, much less opinions.

Take this from somebody who's been doing this long enough to be successful and even moderately good at it, and long enough to get tired of it: get off your high horse or learn how to ride it, before it throws you off. Yeah, I'm mixing metaphors, sue me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: