Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Madara Rant....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaoticangel97 wrote:
Saw that chapter coming ever since it started looking like Sasuke was going to return to the good side.
I second that, it was clear right after the Madara/Hashirama chapters. I do like the nostalgia of Team 7 though, specifically because the fact they're students of Sannin with accumulated knowledge. Wink

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sengoku System
Me: the hizoku attacks you with his yari, your actions?

Max: I evade with a 13 and counter attack with a 1,000... *pause for silence*
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shun wrote:
chaoticangel97 wrote:
Saw that chapter coming ever since it started looking like Sasuke was going to return to the good side.
I second that, it was clear right after the Madara/Hashirama chapters. I do like the nostalgia of Team 7 though, specifically because the fact they're students of Sannin with accumulated knowledge. Wink

Speaking of Sannin, where did Orochimaru run off to?
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeronosVega wrote:
Shun wrote:
chaoticangel97 wrote:

Speaking of Sannin, where did Orochimaru run off to?

And for that matter, Water-boy and Curse Seal Origin. Three missing people...
Jiggy
Genin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Juugo was shown arriving with Sasuke. Where Orochimaru and Suigetsu scampered off to is anyone's guess.
chaoticangel97
Younin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Karin isn't there either...Me thinks perhaps a certain Snake Sannin and Sensor went to patch up the five beat to shit Kage.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juugo was shown arriving, didn't see anyone else.

The main thing that bothers me about this chapter was Naruto saying that Sakura was his girlfriend...

Since I'm a hardcore Hinata/Naruto shipper.
Jiggy
Genin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a fellow hardcore Naruto/Hinata shipper, I'm honestly hoping that Naruto was playing the super dense idiot and meant it as Sakura being his friend who happens to be a girl; a female friend and not romantic partner.

I hope. Otherwise Kishimoto just trolled us Naruto/Hinata shippers hardcore.

Also, isn't Karin still in the Konoha Prison? Sure it showed her pulling lock pick tools from a picture of Sasuke (what the hell were the guards thinking of letting a ninja have anything that could be used as a tool or weapon in the first place?) but I can't recall if it was ever shown her escaping.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I remember it did show her regrouping with Sasuke and gang. *facepalm*
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaoticangel97 wrote:

But hey, maybe now we'll see some proper badass Sakura moments?

Sounds promising. She's said that she's nearly gathered the required chakra, so maybe we'll see her displaying some of Tsunade's personal jutsu? Or she's going to punch the ground so hard the Juubi will fall through the other side of the world. I'm doubting it, but hey, this is Naruto. Crazier shit does happen.
Jiggy
Genin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps she has some sort of seal thing like Tsunade, only not in such a blatantly obvious area like the forehead?
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiggy wrote:
Perhaps she has some sort of seal thing like Tsunade, only not in such a blatantly obvious area like the forehead?

That leads us to questions only ever asked and attempted at answers from seedier members of the fanbase.
Traenix
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiggy wrote:
I believe Juugo was shown arriving with Sasuke. Where Orochimaru and Suigetsu scampered off to is anyone's guess.

My guess is simply that Sasuke and Juugo were faster.

And even faster than them ? The kage who arrived before.

Makes sense, no ?
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, turns out Sakura has managed the seal. This makes her the better of Tsunade's two apprentices, even though Shizune has been at it much longer.

Main character status must be alot of fun.
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, main character status. Something that I wish we had a way to implement into the game for the players when they wish to do something awesome like that. Personally, I just call it Gm fluff in game, and it usually only happens without going pear shaped once in a blue moon.
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prodigy to Paragon covers those moments of epic without being level 21 and higher. I suggest investing, if you haven't already.
Jiggy
Genin

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I called it. Wish it hadn't been such an obvious thing to call though. Also, Sasuke's face-turn is way to hard and fast. Going from vowing to burn the village to the ground to vowing to become it's leader...yeah, no. As much as I like Sasuke (say what you will about the guy), seems like a bad move.

Also, Naruto seems to have gotten stupid in Sasuke's presence, almost reverting to his 12 year old self. What happened to all his ferocity and such, standing up to Madara. Sasuke appears and he seems to start gushing about it.

Nice idea reuniting Team Seven, but it feels like a poor execution.
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, Sasuke flips pretty quick to begin with; look how quickly he reacted to anything Danzo, Obito and Itachi told him. Each time he made an immediate decision to do something different from his original plans. Then he talks to the founding fathers who hold all the information and learns that everything happening has pretty much been a plot by Madara and Obito. Wink

As for Naruto being giddy, well thats who he is. He was devastated the one guy who he could relate to in his village wanted to kill him and that he'd have to kill Sasuke. But Sasuke ended up making Team Seven again, bringing up the bad assery of what I believe was my last comment.

Quote:
I second that, it was clear right after the Madara/Hashirama chapters. I do like the nostalgia of Team 7 though, specifically because the fact they're students of Sannin with accumulated knowledge.
Which as TheTrulyAvaricious brought up, seems to be more true as the chapters go on.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sengoku System
Me: the hizoku attacks you with his yari, your actions?

Max: I evade with a 13 and counter attack with a 1,000... *pause for silence*
minmin311
Genin

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, something confuses me. Why does Minato have the same energy cloak as Naruto? Wasn't that gained after Naruto mastered the Kyuubi?
black_fox9653
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might have somthing to do with the fact that he originally sealed half of the kyuubi chakra inside himself.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did he seal it within himself before getting pulled into the Death God?

I thought he had just sealed inside the Death God and not himself.
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTrulyAvaricious wrote:
Prodigy to Paragon covers those moments of epic without being level 21 and higher. I suggest investing, if you haven't already.

Yeah, been meaning to get that for a while. Thing is, every time I get around to it, something gets in the way (story of my life).
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirShadow wrote:

He sealed half of the Kyuubi's chakra within himself because he would not have been able to seal a fully-powered Kyuubi within Naruto.

Here's the manga source.
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeronosVega wrote:
SirShadow wrote:

He sealed half of the Kyuubi's chakra within himself because he would not have been able to seal a fully-powered Kyuubi within Naruto.

Here's the manga source.

Good thing Frankto totally has this angle already covered in the Death God Seal technique. Totally expected.

Though when did Minato have time to master it, given that Naruto needed to train to control it? Well, that's anyone's guess.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmkawasaki wrote:
ZeronosVega wrote:
SirShadow wrote:

Here's the manga source.
Good thing Frankto totally has this angle already covered in the Death God Seal technique. Totally expected.

Though when did Minato have time to master it, given that Naruto needed to train to control it? Well, that's anyone's guess.
Ostensibly, his soul had plenty of time inside the Death God Seal, while he wasn't writhing in torment.
Jiggy
Genin

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the half of chakra within Minato doesn't contain the sentience that is within Naruto, thus meaning that there was no back and forth struggle for control, much like Gold & Silver brothers (I forget which one it was that used the cloak). They simply had a very tiny fraction of the chakra, thus the Version 2 Cloak, while Minato and Naruto both have equal halves of the entirety of the Kyuubi.

That's my theory. I'm wondering on what's going to happen to the chakra within Minato if/when the Edo tensei is released. I'm willing to bet that at some important moment, Minato is going to transfer the chakra he contains into Naruto, thus making the Kyuubi whole and allowing Naruto to reach yet another stage of chakra cloak-ness and/or Tailed Beast Form.
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so midway through all this, is it just me or has Kishimoto forgotten that Sasuke had the Hawk summons last time, not the Snake?
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, it never said he lost his ability to summon snakes anywhere... He just took that feat to get a second blood pact.
Mibu_Kabuto
Kage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we stop with all the nostalgia power ups... -.- the coolest thing that even happened was Inoshikacho, the rest was just "Yayayayayayaya we're the new sannin yaayyayayayayayya"

-.-

We are the White Shadows.
black_fox9653
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mibu_Kabuto wrote:
Can we stop with all the nostalgia power ups... -.- the coolest thing that even happened was Inoshikacho, the rest was just "Yayayayayayaya we're the new sannin yaayyayayayayayya"

-.-

By "rest" I assume you mean the one page at the end that Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura do anything meaningful?[/u]
Mibu_Kabuto
Kage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was referring to both of the latest chapters.

We are the White Shadows.
Kyrone619
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiggy wrote:
Well, I called it. Wish it hadn't been such an obvious thing to call though. Also, Sasuke's face-turn is way to hard and fast. Going from vowing to burn the village to the ground to vowing to become it's leader...yeah, no. As much as I like Sasuke (say what you will about the guy), seems like a bad move.

Also, Naruto seems to have gotten stupid in Sasuke's presence, almost reverting to his 12 year old self. What happened to all his ferocity and such, standing up to Madara. Sasuke appears and he seems to start gushing about it.

Nice idea reuniting Team Seven, but it feels like a poor execution.

I agree completely, also I noticed that it has been less than a few chapters and already Neji's death has NO meaning >.< I like the way they are showing off the rookie 9 like super bad-asses, but what the hell have Lee and Tenten been doing all this time, to appear so weak by comparison.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 17 of 21

Jump to: