Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Character build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zolniena
Derp
Derp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Character build Reply with quote

I have a lvl 8 bearer of shukaku here, talented in ninjutsu and taijutsu. Ivebeen found it difficult to focus him in any one area... Hes heavy defense obviously, with earth jutsu and he uses summons to assist. But I just dont see anything worth specializing. Are there any good builds for the bearer Im not aware of?
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearer of Shukaku? Hmm, I'd say Earth Elementalist all the way. Pretty much all of your Shukaku jutsu are that in some way, shape or form, and it's going to be a hell of a bit of fun.

You want as much chakra as you can physically gather. Ninja Scout gives you some fun abilities, and Devastator can be absolutely phenomenal. My suggestions are:

Tough Hero 5/Ninja Scout 7/Elementalist 7. ECL 20, Gaara's in the main file. You get Evasion, all your elementalist abilities, and from Tough Hero, you get several options. The Endurance tree gives you more chakra, while the Unbreakable talent tree can get you Stamina, which is amazing. Nin Scout is decent, as I said, gets you Evasion. You get the option to drop 2 levels of Tough hero for another couple in Nin Scout, or even going into Devastator, for yet more benefits to ninjutsu.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tough Talent Second Chance is a lot better for chakra than Endurance, assuming you have Action Points to spend on it and a decent Con mod.

By the time my Hachibi host got to endgame I could recover 14 chakra for 1 AP, and did so quite often. This also works doubly in your favor as a high con mod gives you more base chakra to begin with, and being harder to kill never hurts when you've got some Elementalist HD in there.

Ninja Scout is a nice general class that gives a lot of support, but going Shinobi Adept 3/XXX 4 could be just as nice. Better bonus chakra (though fewer levels), still get Evasion, and makes tapping into reserves or using techniques defensively easier.

As for what that XXX is..? Well a little harder to think on. Maybe Devastator after Elementalist gets filled out?
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truthfully, if you're doing Devastator, you want to get all 5 levels, because the Force of Nature capstone ability is so worth it. Especially if your a ninblaster, you will be scarring the battlefield with all your big hitters.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention, summoning the biggest thing you've got once you tap Force of Nature.
zolniena
Derp
Derp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats got me really interested. I'll have to check these out on the morrow. Smile
Jensik
Sharkbait

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirShadow wrote:
Not to mention, summoning the biggest thing you've got once you tap Force of Nature.

... Why have I never considered doing this? *scribbles down notes for future NPC's*
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jensik wrote:
SirShadow wrote:

... Why have I never considered doing this? *scribbles down notes for future NPC's*

Haha, its more than viable. Especially considering that some of the really fun blood pacts tend to be hella expensive.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jensik wrote:
SirShadow wrote:
Lol, I'm sure I mentioned this to you before :P

It is ECL 25 Arata's favorite 'trump card' strategy. You think he's out of chakra? Watch as he drops a nuke with epic technique and then summons a Celestial Red Dragon to clean up.
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jensik wrote:
SirShadow wrote:

*casual whistle*...

I will mention nothing of how this was the first thing I thought of when I saw this power...
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing I thought was: "Hmm, so if I make a Will Over Flesh Dedicated Hero that goes into that with Faith and Action Boost, I could potentially have it last somewhere in the vicinity of 3-6 rounds?"

I can't remember where, but when I asked Frankto he said no... Faith wouldn't boost the duration- though Action Boost would, just not sure if it's worth a feat for a potential +1 round.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically, by a raw read of the Class Ability, Faith would boost it. But that's stupidly overpowered and no GM in their right mind would allow it... on a PC...
<_<_>
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirShadow wrote:
Technically, by a raw read of the Class Ability, Faith would boost it. But that's stupidly overpowered and no GM in their right mind would allow it... on a PC...
<_<_>

Let's be fair. A GM could just say their NPC has infinite Chakra. Tah-dah!

<_< And it makes bookkeeping so much easier.
chaoticangel97
Younin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmkawasaki wrote:
Let's be fair. A GM could just say their NPC has infinite Chakra. Tah-dah!

<_< And it makes bookkeeping so much easier.

I'm quite guilty of doing this a lot, it really does help with the bookkeeping.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, when you've got a Hyuuga in the party, it'd be kind of unfair to give NPCs infinite chakra without a reason to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: