Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Portfolio of Prestige: Volume IV at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Root or the foundation concept character

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zerrkhar
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Root or the foundation concept character Reply with quote

What is the best way to build this type of character? My GM wants to run a root type campaign and I wanted to figure out the best way to make this work. I want to go for a tactical assassin type. With lots of speed and a high damage output. Can you guys throw me some ideas? Also is there a prestige class for the foundation/root?
WaffleyOne
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if you want the "assassiny" style character I would suggest investing ranks into the stealth skills (your hide and your MS), as well as taking up ninjutsu like that mythical cloak thing. You'd also want classes which can give you sneak attack, and probably stack that up with jutsu that boost those as well. If you want an escape option you could probably take a page from Zabuza's book and find the techniques in the core book (don't have the energy to find them right at the moment) and pick those up. Operations Counter would also be a good "flavor" choice, and also have some useful stuff if you're trying to get into someplace that's fortified in order to kill someone.
Kamikage
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prestige call wise I would have to say shade fits very well so does ninja scout and ninja ops counter, with the fact pretty much everyone of them carry's a tonto I would say shinobi swordsman could work okay flavor wise, for tactics shinobi adept and master strategist could work but I don't think they fit what your wanting to do damage wise,

all in all I would say start with fast hero maybe dip into smart for the "tactics" totally up to you though and follow ether ninja scout or shinobi swordsman into shade that's the best I can do without more details.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALternatively, if your GM is allowing some non-core d20 Modern feats the feat Smart Plus can be taken to get Plan even if you have no Smart Hero levels. It'd run off just your Int mod until you entered another class such as Ninja Operations Counter or Master Strategist, but it saves some multiclassing if that was your goal.

Shinobi Adept is another early game way of getting Evasion, so if you're looking more support you could run something like...

Smart Paragon 5/Shinobi Adept 3/Shade 7/Ninja Operations Counter 5

Or

Fast Paragon 3/Ninja Scout 3/Master Strategist 7/Shade 7
*Using the Smart Plus feat to get Plan for this one.

The latter ends up with 5d6 sneak attack, not great BAB but if you're specialized in ambush tactics it isn't needed as much. Might consider taking... Underhanded Technique(?) to allow some jutsu to deal sneak attack as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: