Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage - Discussion Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage - Discussion Thread Reply with quote

Since the aforementioned spin-off sequel mini-series of the Naruto has begun, I figured we should have a topic to contain any discussion related to it.

For those who don't know, Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage is a part of the "Naruto Shin Jidai Kaimaku Project" (Naruto's New Era Opening Project). The mini-series will feature the next generation of ninja, including Boruto Uzumaki, who is the son of Naruto Uzumaki, the Seventh Hokage of the Hidden Leaf Village. This will likely tie into the events of the upcoming Boruto: Naruto the Movie

Be warned that the topic will likely feature spoilers, so read at your own risk!
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I thought I wouldn't like the sequel, but I'm so engaged. After so much grief and suffering with the old generation is nice to have some shinobi kids again. I appreciate the new tone. Also, this week's chapter with the new sharingan was interesting.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
chaoticangel97
Younin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely more interested than I thought I was going to be, like Elon said it's nice to follow some shinobi kids again. Really looking forward to where this all is going. Been a long time since something Naruto story related had me this intrigued.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasuke and Sakura are terrible parents? Who saw that coming!?

but srsly, it's interesting to see ninja kids again. Though, that clone must have rolled a natural 1 on his spot check to not see Bolt hiding there...
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still strange to me knowing that they now have cellphones and laptops. I mean, if you saw the previous technology level around the 1990s with VCRs and CRTs, it made sense that 12+ or so years later would reflect what we have now.

However, it does make the idea of "modern" settings for Nd20 games in the Naruto universe a little less odd.
NinjaCP
Master of Space and Time

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeronosVega wrote:
It's still strange to me knowing that they now have cellphones and laptops. I mean, if you saw the previous technology level around the 1990s with VCRs and CRTs, it made sense that 12+ or so years later would reflect what we have now.

However, it does make the idea of "modern" settings for Nd20 games in the Naruto universe a little less odd.

"Boruto, hurry up and kick this guy's ass!"

"NOT NOW! GOTTA CHECK MUH TWEETS, DATTEBASA!"
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaCP wrote:

"Boruto, hurry up and kick this guy's ass!"

"NOT NOW! GOTTA CHECK MUH TWEETS, DATTEBASA!"

I lol'd hard at that.

This week's issue is going to be interesting!!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newest chapter was entertaining. It's nice to see that Naruto, while more mature, still has a bit of a playful side. His moments with Sarada and Chouchou were heartwarming and it was touching to see the former feel like she had a moment of a father-daughter bond.

Also, talk about a bad time to awaken a Sharingan. People all over the internet are calling foul on Sasuke for his reaction to Sarada's arrival, though it was understandable from the point of view that he really doesn't know what she looks like, likely wouldn't expect her to show up, and has been fighting against Sharingan-wielding foes for a little while it seems.

Him being an absentee father is certainly worth criticizing and he could have done more to be around or at least stay in contact via letters or phonecalls. I guess it will all depend on what this mission of his has had him do all of these years.
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I honestly didn't expect Kishimoto to prove the fan theories right regarding Sarada's birth mother. In fact, it's probably a red herring (edit: it was).

Also, good to see most of the rest of Team Taka and Yamato. Also, Kishimoto is really hammering home the parent-child theme in this mini-series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: