Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Stating out NPC's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warlordzair
Genin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Stating out NPC's Reply with quote

Hey I've been working on a new campaign and have reached the dreaded part of stating out the NPC's, for me anyway, I'm sure others are good at it. Which is why I'm asking if anyone knows any easy or quick ways of doing it, I'd even go for a cheesy way of doing it, after all most NPC's don't last long so proper stats aren't all that important.
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for quick tools to help you build NPCs, you can always use the Naruto D20 Statblock Generator or NinjaCP's Character Planner Tool. Both are great at giving you a basis to work with, although you'll still need to have an idea of things such as feats and ability selection if there's a choice.

Truthfully, the best way I've gone about creating NPCs is that, if they're recurring, build them as normal and keep track of their progression (mostly if they scale with the players; higher-leveled characters can probably scale more slowly). For grunts, it's easy enough to create a basic sheet with very generic information which you can flavor for a particular encounter. I tend to have a build for jutsu-users, melee, ranged, and general. Boss characters are treated as player characters in building and a combination of the two tools I mentioned above have helped me greatly.
Warlordzair
Genin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, I was aware of the planner tool which has been helpful but that stat block generator is exactly what I've been looking for. My players will also be thanking you, now that I've got a tool that should reduce the amount of time I normally need for preparing an adventure.
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Something to bear in mind is that the Statblock Generator is not up-to-date, meaning it does not contain every class available and may contain some outdated content*, so you'll likely have to fall back on the Planner Tool for builds which include the missing classes.

There's also a Summon Statblock Generator, although it's very incomplete and only features a few different blood pacts. However, if you know your way around XML and get an understanding of the layout, you could edit the XML file which details the information for each blood pact to support the missing blood pacts (and classes, as the Statblock Generator uses XML for those as well).

*I'm not certain this is the case, but it's good to be mindful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: