Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Next Update (When I Get My Health Back)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Next Update (When I Get My Health Back) Reply with quote

... sad header, but what are you gonna do? Wish me good health, that's what.

New:

Techniques:
  • Akari (True Light)
  • Kyukesshou no Jutsu (Absorption Camouflage Technique)

Modifications:

Summoning:
  • Summoning Rituals are back.

Techniques:
  • Chakra no Hikari can now cause the user's hand to glow for 1 minute/level instead.

Epics:
  • Living Puppet renamed to Corpse Puppet to avoid confusion.

Priority Chart:
  • (!) - Important
  • (!!) - Very Important
  • (!!!) - Must Read

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!

Last edited by Frankto on Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:05 am; edited 5 times in total
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerely hope you get your health back. For me too. I'm also in a not-so-good condition.

Gonna read the file right meow.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks to hear, man. Fingers crossed. Hope the new stuff brings you some enjoyment.

rtc143
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you both get better soon! And take your time with that update, we'd rather have a Frankto then an update any day. Razz
KobunFan
Kage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you get better soon!
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summoning rituals are back.

Quote:
Summoning Rituals
A summoning ritual takes place when one or more character helps the summoner when he performs the summoning technique. The duration of a summoning ritual takes 1 minute or the perform time of the technique, whichever is longer. Each participant helping the summoner must be able to use the same summoning technique as the summoner, but doesn't need to be of the same blood pact, and must succeed a Ninjutsu check (DC 10).

Successfully participating in a summoning ritual increases the effective level of the summoner by 1 per participant to determine the maximum hit dice and rank of the creature summoned, up to a maximum of 10. Participants must spend an amount of chakra equal to the level of the creature summoned, and the summoner himself must spend chakra equal to either the summoning's chakra cost minus total the amount of chakra paid by the participants or half the summoning's chakra cost, whichever is larger.

Last edited by Frankto on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
RinVindor
Hunter-Nin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOO! Hell yes!
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope your health recovers soon, man.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added a clarification to summoning rituals and the maximum level a summon can have.

RinVindor
Hunter-Nin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*froth at the mouth*

Cannot wait for this.
hastur
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahoo!

I was bored one day so I decided to drop in and take a gander on what happened during all those years I haven't paid attention to the project (few good reworks is what it seems *thumbs up*). Anyhow I noticed that example characters have, traditionally, their chakra totally not updated to current iteration of how it works (not that I blame you for not feeling like doing it), so I took it upon myself to calculate the correct ones:

No Life Style - Whole Lot of Math Technique

Notes: Values in brackets are for Chakra Armor/Chakra Sealing Eyepatch for those that have them. Font might've defaulted to grey color, that's a wierd interaction of excel and my darker system theme. Second sheet has a working Chakra/Reserve calculator for current chakra system and classes available (no guarantees if it'll work with programs other than M$ Excel 2007+ though)

And if you can't use the xlsx file for whatever reason I did a print-to-pdf version

(Granted that example characters probably have more issues than just chakra values but I wasn't feeling that bored)

PS. Also best wishes regarding beating whatever health issues plague you. Get well, eh?
One in - turn an enemy's hate.
------------------------------------------------
RinVindor
Hunter-Nin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hastur, I've been browsing the entire forums for the past year and love your work. I've actually got a post on the Main File, I'm cataloging a bunch of things I've noticed were removed or aren't listed right. One of my players pointed out the Technique Index is also not updated so thats my current project is to list everything properly.

I'm actually working on a massive compendium of content including some of the stuff you posted too that the 10 person group I'm in love. Hope you don't mind if I have it in there! (each person's being added to the credits for their materials I use).
Naruto d20 Store
hastur
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RinVindor wrote:
Hey hastur, I've been browsing the entire forums for the past year and love your work. I've actually got a post on the Main File, I'm cataloging a bunch of things I've noticed were removed or aren't listed right. One of my players pointed out the Technique Index is also not updated so thats my current project is to list everything properly.

I'm actually working on a massive compendium of content including some of the stuff you posted too that the 10 person group I'm in love. Hope you don't mind if I have it in there! (each person's being added to the credits for their materials I use).

Sure, take whatever you want, I don't mind. Do keep in mind though that whatever I did (and there wasn't much from what I recall) is older than dirt by now in terms of mechanics and, from what I've seen when running into one of my own old threads, was considered mostly OP at the time.
One in - turn an enemy's hate.
------------------------------------------------
RinVindor
Hunter-Nin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've taken a lot of that into consideration. I've also been designing a lot of my own bloodlines, classes and feats. Some are reworks of others to balance them further (though at this point I can't recall who's is what but if its something from someone else's work I haven't changed the names or anything just the mechanics so it'll be obvious to anyone who made what).

I've got about 40 classes in my list so far, I made 7 of them.

I've got 2 games I'm a part of and both have me balancing things and tweaking as I've played D&D for 17 years and written a few compendiums. I've just been a lurker on here for years and finally decided to give back as best as I could Very Happy
Naruto20D20
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my hometown players missed our old game so much they started their own up. All their questions gave me enough nostalgia that I decided to log on and check things out after all these years. Nice to see some familiar faces.

Hope you get to feeling better, Frankto. Your work has brought tons of enjoyment to a hell of a lot of folks.

Liberty Prime for President 2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=298Cw3_qGwE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: