Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Simplified Chakra Variant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelsealane
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Simplified Chakra Variant Reply with quote

Hello!

I am currently reading the Naruto D20 Scrolls of Knowledge handbook and I came across this: "The Chakra Pool of a character is calculated as such: 2 plus the character's Constitution modifier (minimum 1) every level (therefore, a level 2 character with a Constitution of 13 would have 6 points of Chakra, while a level 10 character with a Constitution score of 16 would have a Chakra Pool of 50). Ordinaries still have half that amount."

No copyright intended.

Could someone help me clearly understand this? What I understand is 2 + a character's Con Mod = how much Chakra a character has. But when I look at the examples 13 + 2 does not equal 6 and 2 + 16 does not equal 50.

It probably sounds stupid and I'm making it more complicated than it seems but I'm very confused! All help is appreciated! Also I'm very sorry if this question is in the wrong place!! Eeh!?

Thank you!
RinVindor
Hunter-Nin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello chelsealane! The variant is personally no more complicated to me than the normal rules but for his issue you're having the math provided is correct. You get 2 chakra every level as well as your modifier. In the example provided we have a level 10 character so that means a base of 20 chakra, with a Con mod of 16 we have a +3 modifier, which we also add each level. Which means 30 bonus chakra for a total of 50. Also if you've got any questions feel free to join us on the Discord forums linked in my signature!
Roll20 Character Sheet
chelsealane
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, RinVindor!!!!!!
RinVindor
Hunter-Nin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime and welcome to the forums Very Happy
Roll20 Character Sheet
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The formula is 2 plus the character's Constitution modifier, plus 2 at level 1. A level 10 character with Con 16 would have 52 chakra (and 20 reserves). When in doubt, refer to the table that follows the section.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
RinVindor
Hunter-Nin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just copy n paste what you wrote on the variant since I'm guessing it's missing that bit you just mentioned.

Simplified Chakra Variant: With the Chakra Control system being understandably complicated, the Naruto: d20 supplement offers an optional rule to greatly simplify and quicken gameplay for inexperienced players.

The Chakra Pool of a character is calculated as such: 2 plus the character's Constitution modifier (minimum 1) every level (therefore, a level 2 character with a Constitution of 13 would have 6 points of Chakra, while a level 10 character with a Constitution score of 16 would have a Chakra Pool of 50). Ordinaries still have half that amount.
Roll20 Character Sheet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: