Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Monstrous Question - Natural Attacks and Taijutsu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
majinonifox1
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Monstrous Question - Natural Attacks and Taijutsu Reply with quote

So having taken the Monstrous Race in my game, I also opted to take Claws and Bite. I am curious, however... what would those Natural Attacks count as for purposes of Taijutsu? Or do Natural Attacks not have access to any Taijutsu abilities whatsoever? Or would Natural Attacks count as Held for purposes of Kenjutsu, in the case of Claws being Slashing?
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

Hopefully this will aid you:

D20 Modern Core Rulebook wrote:
Sometimes a character or creature attacks unarmed but the attack still counts as armed. A creature with claws, fangs and similar natural physical weapons, for example, counts as armed. Being armed counts for both offense and defense - not only does a reature not provoke an attack of opportunity when attacking an armed foe, but you provoke an attack of opportunity from that creature if you make an unarmed attack against it. The Combat Martial Arts feat makes a character's unarmed attacks count as armed.

Based on this definition, I would go with natural weapons being intended to count as their own thing. Every mention of the Taijutsu skill, Taijutsu master and the related feats define it as unarmed. That being said, you could probably go with natural attacks benefitting from anything that improves your unarmed attacks. It doesn't make a huge amount of diference.

Anyone who knows better feel free to weigh in.
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natural Attacks count as an unarmed strike. They would work for things that only require an unarmed attack, but you need an actual sword for techniques like Kenjutsu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: