Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Questions of a beginner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seelensupergau
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:32 am    Post subject: Questions of a beginner Reply with quote

Hello there!

I just found out about Naruto D20 and me and my brother are already obsessed with it Very Happy

I will use this topic to ask several questions as we go through the process of building our first characters, so let us begin:

- My brother wants to play a Hyuuga Taijutsu Fighter, and he was looking up some guides online. He found that the White Knight class is pretty good for it in combination with Fast Hero 3 and Taijutsu Master 10, but we cant find the source for White Knight. In which supplement or sourcebook can we find it?

- I really love the idea of being the groups "face", a character that can use his wits to get information and infiltrate the enemies organisation. So things like bluff, disguise, gather information, but also hide and move silently. Kind of an undercover agent. Because I envision this character not as a physical powerhouse, I would want him to use Genjutsu almost exclusivly in Fights, hiding, dodging and debuffing the enemie with Genjutsu. I really LOVE the Daemonic Mirage techniques, so that would be awesome.
How would you build this character? I guess Charismatic Hero 3 and Genjutsu Master 10 is set, but what else? I was thinking Sinnbild Adept 3, but I think a class that represents the undercover agent concept would be nice also.

Thank you in advance! Smile
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,
First of all, welcome to the forums! I'll do my best to help you, but for future questions regarding builds etc. would be best posted in the "Rules" forum. Just helps keep things relevant.

1) The White Knight prestige class can be found in "Chapter 11 - Bloodlines and Templates" in the mainfile. If you are trying to navigate the main file, I'd recommend using the search function of whichever .pdf reader program that you have. Most will also have the hotkey "Ctrl + F".

2) If all you have is the Main File, I would say that Charistmatic 3/Ninja Scout 10/Genjutsu Master 7 is a perfectly viable build. The rest is about skill placement - Gather Information, Hide and Move Silently are all class skills for Ninja Scout. For a class that is centered on infiltration, then I would pick up a copy of Portfolio of Prestige Vol. II, as the aptly named Master Infiltrator manages this in spades. You would need to take Gather Information as a class skill, but Academy Student (one of the starting occupations) has this available as a permanent class skill.

Hope this helps you initially. Feel free to ask if you have more questions.
Kind regards,
TheTrulyAvaricious
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: