Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Water, Sand, and Ice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shusagi
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Water, Sand, and Ice Reply with quote

Maybe there should be creation jutsus to make thesde materials, since so many jutsu require them and sometimes you just aren't around them? And maybe an addition to the equipment section with some containers for the materials, with weight-reducing seals or something.. I mean, water is pretty heavy, so it'd be hard to carry that much around normally. Then again, I might have missed something in the updated PDF..
Sushi30
Rookie Younin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creation jutsu is not realistic and there is an epic ability that allows ignoring the material components. Though I do agree with the fact that these elements aren't always around and the ninja's specializing in them can find the jutsus very ineffective in many situations. Maybe there should be say, a penalty or whatever to other jutsus that don't rely on focuses. e.g: penmalty to katon in water environments, penlty to raiton in rocky environments etc.

This suggestions is only to balance out the elemental jutsus. Because raiton for example, improves in water but has no disatvantages (which the ohter jutsus don't have). It's kinda stupid when thinking realisticly but logical when speaking about game mechanics...
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sushi is correct, the ability to do it without the material component is epic--as in, the 3rd did it vs Orochimaru.

But, water does not improve raiton perse (this was discussed on another thread), water just conducts, not amplifies. Hence, penalty, if the GM thinks it's needed, should be imposed thinking on extreme temperatures (lot of heat vs Hyoton, for example), but I don't think that should be an standard Rolling Eyes

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a crapload of extra effort, rules and gametime if you want to instate all of this. Things are as they are. Period. Techniques have components for a reason. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's good, if not chemically and/or physically correct.
Shinken
Derp
Derp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could always store a few gallons of water on a scroll...
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinken wrote:
you could always store a few gallons of water on a scroll...

I already looked it up for one of my games.

With the 9th level technique Chozou Fuuin, you can seal 20 lbs per level. So that is 180 if you get it at 9th level.

At lower levels you could use Kankin Kanshihou Fuuin to seal 10 lbs per seal and up to 5 seals per scroll for 50 lbs. With a few scrolls though, you could hold a lot of water.
Naruto d20 Store
Koby
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manga did have Suiton: Bakusui Shōha to create water out of nothing...I don't see why that couldn't be included. Would it be too difficult?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kisame's technique. BotH Kisame and the Second Hokage would have the epic feat Elemental Specialization (Suiton)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: