Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Bookmarks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calistoknight
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Bookmarks Reply with quote

While it was nice to have each section bookmarked it would be handy to have more indepth bookmarks particularly with the techniques as that is the bulk of the book. For example have a bookmark for the A techniques, B, etc. I'd do it myself except it doesn't do anyone else any good since I don't host the file.
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. That's why I'd like the jutsu database to be continued but... it has to be a pain in the ass to make all those bookmarks and to keep them updated Mad

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Dastek
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use the search function for I need to look up a jutsu. However, one I would have liked to see is a basic description of what a jutsu does on the technique list. Kinda how DnD does their spell list. When you first start using this system it can take hours going back and worth looking up each individual jutsu. But I do understand that doing this would probably be more trouble than its worth.....
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it would. Nevertheless, it would be possible for us players and enthusiasts to work together and make that list on our own. Put it in txt or rtf or doc, and maybe Frankto can then use it...otherwise, its a seperate file that's still useful. But, it's a bit of a large project so it cant be done on one's own. Any volunteers to help create a technique list with minor descriptions?
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dastek wrote:
I just use the search function for I need to look up a jutsu. However, one I would have liked to see is a basic description of what a jutsu does on the technique list. Kinda how DnD does their spell list. When you first start using this system it can take hours going back and worth looking up each individual jutsu. But I do understand that doing this would probably be more trouble than its worth.....

Yes the search function helps, but lets say I want to find the normal Bunshin no Jutsu. I have to go through quite a few other techniques and techniques that make mention of the jutsu.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. Have you people gone mad? A full list of in depths bookmark is like making an index for every update. We're counting for over a hundred and fifty page marks here, perhaps even two hundred.

Unless somebody volunteers, this will never happen. It would be nice, but I don't have that much dedication to make bookmarks. I'm still human, you know. Doing brainless, mindless work bores the hell out of me, and would be dragged over the course of several days.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Tetsunamaru
Jounin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might end up doing one with some level of detail, things like making a bookmark for each rank of jutsu. Though I would need to be pretty bored

IF I end up making some big bookmarked version I'll share but, don't hold your breath I still have school.
Cried "Stay!" for me in the empty square.
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:
Huh. Have you people gone mad? A full list of in depths bookmark is like making an index for every update. We're counting for over a hundred and fifty page marks here, perhaps even two hundred.

Unless somebody volunteers, this will never happen. It would be nice, but I don't have that much dedication to make bookmarks. I'm still human, you know. Doing brainless, mindless work bores the hell out of me, and would be dragged over the course of several days.

I only was asking for 26. One for each letter so jutsu are easier to search for.
Athildur

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently working on a Word version that lists all techniques with their stats and a summary of their effects. I will make clear chapter markings for every letter of the alphabet in there.

Alternately I could do it in Excel. Easier to make, takes up less space and one can sort anything by Name, Rank or any other statistic if they so desire...
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you make it in Excel, that means I can't use it Wink

Tetsunamaru
Jounin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh? Frankto does not have a copy of Office?

I like Excel for the same reason mentioned above, you can sort by pretty much any statistic.

Though I also like the current method cause I can just bring up an entire rank of jutsu and tell my party they are able to learn everything there at their current skill.

Just annoying when you forget the exact name of something so, you can't search it but, even then, eventually you get used to it and can guess the rank close enough to find it quickly.
Cried "Stay!" for me in the empty square.
Athildur

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means to say something else, Tetsunamaru :p.

Could you use a Word file that uses tables, Frankto? If not, I'll get creative and do it in some way that you can use ^^.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word with tables is fine, but spacing (that little bar with numerals on top) is better ;p

And no, I don't have a copy of Office. I work on OpenOffice.

Athildur

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I'm now just typing it out, using tabs. Once I've completed it I'll send it over to you and you can see whether you can use it for anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: