Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Shinobi Hiken: Ikusa - Denraisei

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Shinobi Hiken: Ikusa - Denraisei Reply with quote

This Lost Hijutsu states the user's base attack bonus increase. Does that' mean that gets additional attacks as per level up BAB increase? If it's that way, is the max 4 attacks (as per BAB +20)?

Thank you.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
multirp
Chuunin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say yes. Anytime you hit a BAB breakoff point, you gain an extra attack, regardless of how you came about getting it (note Mastercraft bonuses add to your attack bonus, not base attack bonus, and thus don't give extra attacks. Have to add this in otherwise I have a feeling someone will call me on it).

And with this technique, it looks like level 20 you have +15 BAB (which would translate into +15/+10/+5), and can't go higher. The wording of the jutsu seems to imply that:
"... BAB will be increased to 3/4th his total hit die."

That tells me something along the lines of 'If your BAB isn't already 3/4th of your HD or higher, then this can be used to bring it there', so you'd never get a fourth attack added on (doesn't take any levels past 20 into account.

-MultiRP
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite correct. Technically, it just sets your BaB at two thirds of your level. That's the same as a Moderate attack bonus (like the one you get from Fast, Nin Scout, etc.).

As for how many attacks BaB could grant...I'm not entirely sure since I've never really worked with epics but I'd say the BaB ends at four attacks. Want any more, you'll have to get creative. I could be wrong...it could just go on to 40/35/30/25/20/15/10/5 and further...
multirp
Chuunin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct Athildur. BAB stops at four attacks. So even at level 100 (which would be +40 epic BAB increase), you would have (assuming full BAB progression pre-epic):
+60/+55/+50/+45

Or, perhaps more accurate would be (which is actually what happens, but BAB caps at 4 attacks regardless) that your number of attacks a round stops increasing after 20th. So, if you only managed a 10/5 BAB (along the 'worst' scale), you would have:
+50/+45

If you then used this jutsu it would up your BAB for the first 20 levels to 3/4 (+15), and you would end up with:
+55/+50/+45

Some ways to get creative with more attacks are via rapid shot, Two Weapon Fighting, Multiweapon Fighting, etc. It's scary to see a four/six armed nin with Perfect Multiweapon Fighting and full BAB getting his 16 (or 24) attacks in a round.

-MultiRP
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrm...add a high Speed Rank and Renzuki (or Quickblade weapon seals) and...ouch... -_-'
multirp
Chuunin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite. It's 'ouch' regardless though. Assuming full BAB progression and no epic BAB increase, you are still looking at attacks at (using four armed):

20/20/20/20/15/15/15/15/10/10/10/10/5/5/5/5

Imagining only half of those hit (just +20 and +15) and looking at even just standard kunai with 10 strength, you are looking at 8d4 damage.

Not including strength... or strength ranks. Or mastercraft. Using just plain kunai. Oh, and no crits... no sneak attacks... no... heh

It gets hairy quite quickly. Especially if you get flanked by the six armed one (who has 3d6 sneak attack). You are looking at 24 attacks that are 3d6 sneak each, in addition to everything else. Assuming (again) only half of those hit using the standard kunai, and you got 12d4+36d6 damage coming your way.

Now that is a blender.

-MultiRP
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I was not sure if the increase of BaB with this jutsu would grant extra attacks. Epics stop at 4 attacks, yes.

multirp
Chuunin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic doesn't grant additional attacks. So if at 20th you have three attacks a round (such as 15/10/5) then at 100th level, you would still only have three a round. Just hit a lot more often. And, actually, now that I think about it, I made a bit of a mistake.

Epic doesn't increase your Base Attack Bonus, it gives an Epic Attack Bonus every other level. *shrugs* usually a non issue, but in this case it makes a fair bit of difference.

As far as it adding additional attacks, I would say that since it increases your BAB, then yes, it would grant extra attacks. If it didn't, it would lose a lot of appeal with me.

-MultiRP
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This jutsu was made for the smart and charismatic heroes with one-half BAB's, so that they can fight as though they were with 3/4's BAB and average def.

If you BAB rises to the right level, you do gain the extra attacks as though your BAB is that level. Do note that you become fatigued afterward and therefore cannot use it again for an entire day.
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the good response Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Beginner's Lodge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: