Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Inuzuka clan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plokoon9619
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Inuzuka clan Reply with quote

Wondering where this clan is as there is aburame, hyugga, etc. It should give bonuses to dogs making them usefuler.
Elon
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever read the main file?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Samuru
ANBU Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not every Clan gains bloodline abilities. The Akimichis, the Naras, whoever Ino's and Sakura's parents are. The Third Hokage didn't even have a special Bloodline. As for making the Inuzukas more useful, you've got a companion that can help you track, fight, etc., that is more immediatly helpful than being able to, say, activate the Sharingan.
plokoon9619
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about dogs they are useless compared to the wolf and need to be stronger.
Rayne
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I'm mistaken, the Inuzuka Ryu techniques in the main file allow you to use a wolf as well as a dog, and there is at least one Inuzuka character in the anime who actually has a wolf companion. I believe it's Kiba's mother. The animal is named Kuromaru; it's the one with an eyepatch.

If you want a dog, however, use a dog and accept that it's weaker. No-one's forcing you to maximize.

Not everything you see in the anime can be easily represented by the rules. Hell, without investing four techniques and a lot of ranks in jump, most characters can't even jump as well as everyone does in the anime.
BushidoPoet
Naruto d20 Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are certain advantages to dogs over wolves. Can fit into smaller spaces, less intimidating to people who see them with you, and (I am not sure if this is represented in rules at all) a heck of alot easier to train. Besides when your dog can increase its size and henge what does it matter anyway?

"Without knowledge of Learning, one will ultimately have no military victories."

"One should not be envious of someone who has prospered by unjust deeds. Nor should he disdain someone who has fallen while adhering to the path of righteousness."

Imagawa Sadayo

"It is truly regrettable that a person will treat a man who is valuable to him well, and a man who is worthless to him poorly."

Hojo Shigetoki

Never confuse honor, with tactics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Naruto d20 Store
Athildur
Sexually progressive Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol indeed. Wolves are somewhat more wild by nature.

Ino is a Yamanaka Wink. And they have clan-based jutsu.

The Haruno clan (of Sakura) doesn't, as far as I know.

Moujuu Aishou and/or Children of the Wild may provide one with some bearings to Inuzuka...I just made rules for an Inuzuka clan/'bloodline' (it's not an actual bloodline, but with regards to rules it is) by myself. Not that difficult, really. I did the same for Akimichi, Nara, and Yamanaka.
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athildur wrote:
Lol indeed. Wolves are somewhat more wild by nature.

Ino is a Yamanaka Wink. And they have clan-based jutsu.

The Haruno clan (of Sakura) doesn't, as far as I know.

Moujuu Aishou and/or Children of the Wild may provide one with some bearings to Inuzuka...I just made rules for an Inuzuka clan/'bloodline' (it's not an actual bloodline, but with regards to rules it is) by myself. Not that difficult, really. I did the same for Akimichi, Nara, and Yamanaka.

Your Akimichi pills were really good, so I'd love to see what you made for any of the other clans.
Athildur

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my basic attempt to beef up the original Konohagakure clans. It might not be balanced or all too sense-making, but hey, it was my starter days and people demanded rules Razz.

The Akimichi Clan:

Akimichi Clan (Occupation)
Prerequisite: Age 8+
Skills: Select any three skills from the following list as permanent class skills. If a skill the character selects is already a class skill, he receives a +1 competence bonus on checks using that skill: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Chakra Control, Craft (chemical, writing), Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Genjutsu, Hide, Investigate, Jump, Knowledge (ninja lore), Listen, Move Silently, Ninjutsu, Search, Sleight of Hand, Survival, Taijutsu, and Tumble.
Feat: Select one of the following: Brawl, Chakra Restoration, Combat Martial Arts, Combat Throw, Defensive Martial Arts, Endurance, Gouken, Great Fortitude, Harmony, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Chakra Pool, Nin Weapon Proficiency, Resist Poison, Taijutsu Adept, Toughness.
Reputation Bonus: +1

Special: Akimichi Soldier Pills, Tough, Akimichi Hijutsu.
Effective Character Level Adjustment: +1.

Akimichi Soldier Pills: In their long history in Konoha, the Akimichi clan devised a special, very powerful kind of soldier pills. These pills are the secret of the Akimichi clan, and are only meant for them. The pills (a gree one, a yellow one and a red one) grant the user immense strength for a short period of time, but the side-effects are harmful and can sometimes lead even to death.
A member of the Akimichi clan carries the three pills with him at all times. When they return to Konoha, their stock is automatically replenished to three. During missions, there is no way for the character to obtain Akimichi Soldier Pills except for crafting them.
Green Akimichi Pill: After eating one of these pills, your Chakra Pool will increase by 1d8+1 points (this may exceed your maximum), you overcome the effects of Exhausted and Fatigued conditions, Starvation, Thrist and lack of sleep are also negated. In addition, your Strength Rank is increased by 1 and you gain a Fast Healing of 2, in addition to a +4 bonus to fortitude saves against Massive Damage. This condition will last for one minute, after which the user will take 2d6+2 nonlethal damage. A Fortitude Save (DC 14) halves this damage.
Yellow Akimichi Pill: After eating this pill, you Chakra Pool is increased by 2d6+2 points, you overcome the effects of Exhaustion, Fatigue, Starvation, Thirst and lack of sleep. Your Strength Rank is increased by 3, you gain a Fast Healing of 3, in addition to a +5 bonus to Fortitude saves against Massive Damage. This condition lasts for one minute, after which the user loses half his current HP. A succesful Fortitude save (DC 17) halves this damage.
Red Akimichi Pill: After ingesting this pill, you gain massive strength and chakra, which may lead to a change in appearance. Your Chakra Pool is increased by 3d8+3 points, you overcome the effects of aforementioned conditions, in addition to a +6 bonus to Fortitude saved against Massive Damage, your strength rank increases by 5 and you gain a Fast Healing of 5. After the duration of one minute expires, the user must make two fortitude saves. The first save is a Fortitude save against death (DC 20). If this save is succeeded, the user still drops to 0 Hit Points. The second save is a Fortitude save against Massive Damage, DC 15 + all damage sustained during the use of the Red Akimichi Pill. If this save is failed, the character is set at -1 Hit Points and is dying.

These Pills can be crafted by use of a Craft (Chemical) check:
Type Purchase DC Craft DC Time
Green Akimichi Pill 13 23 5 hr.
Yellow Akimichi Pill 15 25 6 hr.
Red Akimichi Pill 17 30 7 hr.

A succesful check produces one pill. The effects of these pills do not stack with each other, nor with any other kind of medical/chemical pills or similar items. (this includes Spirit Bottles).

Tough: Members of the Akimichi Clan are naturally resilient and tough. In effect, this grants them +1 Hit Point per level, and a damage reduction equal to their level/4, rounded down.

Akimichi Hijutsu: All members of the Akimichi Clan have free acces to all Akimichi Hijutsu: Baika no Jutsu (Double Size Technique), Nikudan Sensha (Meat Tank), Bubun Baika no Jutsu (Partial Multi-size Technique), Chou Baika no Jutsu (Mega Multi-Size Technique). The character automatically succeeds in learning these techniques, though he may make a Learn check to see if it can be done in half the appointed time. This only applies to techniques the character is able to learn.

The Inuzuka Clan:

Inuzuka Clan (Occupation)
Prerequisite: Age 8+.
Skills: Select any two from the following list as permanent class skills. If a skill the character selects is already a class skill, he/she receives a +1 competence bonus on checks using that skill: Balance, Chakra Control, Climb, Genjutsu, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Knowledge (Earth and Life Sciences, Ninja Lore), Listen, Ninjutsu, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival and Taijutsu.
Feat: Select one of the following: Advanced Bloodline (Children of the Wild), Alertness, Combat Martial Arts, Defensive Martial Arts, Nin Weapon Proficiency, NinJutsu Adept, TaiJutsu Adept, Track.
Reputation bonus: +1

Special Abilities: Moujuu Aishou (Dog), Inuzuka Hijutsu.

Moujuu Aishou (Dog): All members of the Inuzuka Clan have a special bond with a dog, which they are presented with at birth. The character is free to choose what kind of dog it is, what color it has, etc. etc. A character needs his Canine companion to perform certain Inuzuka Hijutsu. The Moujuu Aishou Level Adjustment is part of being in the Clan.

Inuzuka Hijutsu: Members of the Inuzuka Clan have free access to all Inuzuka Hijutsu: Shikakyu no Jutsu (Quadruped Technique), Tsuuga (Piercing Fang), Juujin Bunshin no Jutsu (Half Beast Clone Technique). If the character decides to learn this technique , he automatically succeeds in learning it, though he may make a learn check to see if it can be done in half time. This only applies to techniques the character is able to learn.

The Nara Clan:

Nara Clan (Occupation)
Skills: Select any three from the following list as permanent class skills. If a skill the character selects is already a class skill, he receives a +1 competence bonus on checks using that skill: Bluff, Chakra Control, Craft (Chemical, Writing), Escape Artist, Gather Information, Genjutsu, Hide, Investigate, Jump, Knowledge (Ninja lore, Tactics), Listen, Move silently, Ninjutsu, Research and Spot.
Feat: Alertness, Attentive, Blind-Fight, Combat Expertise, Dead Aim, Deceptive, Dodge, Educated, Genius Nin, GenJutsu Adept, Improved Initiative, NinJutsu Adept, Nin Weapon Proficiency, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Scribe Chakra Symbols, Stealthy, Talented Shinobi, Technique Focus.
Wealth Bonus: +1

Special Abilities: Mastermind, Shadow Heritage, Nara Hijutsu.

Mastermind: Members of the Nara clan are unusually smart, and it favors them. (Though, it is sometimes compensated by a laziness surpassed by few. And also, Shikamaru is an exceptional example, there are but few who equal his geniality) Members of the Nara Clan receive one extra skill point at each level. Furthermore, they are educated from a young age in the art of silent kills and tactics. They receive a +2 bonus to all skill checks based on Intelligence. Furthermore, they may replace the prerequisite of a feat: Any ability by Intelligence, BaB by Intelligence bonus.

Shadow Heritage: The Nara Clan descends from a long line originating in the Hidden Village of Jade. From that village, they have brought some unique techniques and even today they continue using the shadowy arts their forefathers practised.
Members of the Nara clan can learn Shadow Arts techniques without penalty, and they receive a +2 bonus to perform any Shadow Arts or Nara Hijutsu. The Save DC of said techniques also increases by 1.

Nara Hijutsu: Members of the Nara Clan have free access to all Nara Hijutsu: Kage Mane no Jutsu (Shadow Imitation Technique), Kage Kubishibari no Jutsu (Shadow Neck Bind Technique), Kage Mane Yusou no Jutsu (Shadow Imitation Transportation Technique). If the character decides to learn this technique , he automatically succeeds in learning it, though he may make a learn check to see if it can be done in half time. This only applies to techniques the character is able to learn.

The Yamanaka Clan

Yamanaka Clan (Ocupation)
Skills: Select any three from the following list as permanent class skills. If a skill the character selects is already a class skill, he receives a +1 competence bonus on checks using that skill: Bluff, Chakra Control, Concentration, Craft(Writing), Disguise, Escape Artist, Hide, GenJutsu, NinJutsu, Research, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, and Spot.
Feat: Alertness, Attentive, Chakra Affinity, Deceptive, Genius Nin, GenJutsu Adept, Harmony, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Nimble, Nin Weapon Proficiency, Point Blank Shot, Scribe Chakra Symbols, Technique Focus.
Wealth Bonus: +1

Special Abilities: Mind Specialization, Yamanaka Hijutsu.

Mind Specialization: Training for so long a time in the art of controlling other's minds has given the members of the Yamanaka Clan a special insight into it's workings. They receive a +2 bonus to perform all mind-affecting techniques, those techniques have their DC increased by 1, and all members of the Yamanaka Clan receive a +3 bonus to Will saves against such techniques. the downside is, that their skills in NinJutsu are decreased, as they receive a -2 penalty to perform them and a -1 penalty to learn them, except for Yamanaka Hijutsu.

Yamanaka Hijutsu: Members of the Yamanaka Clan have free access to all Yamanaka Hijutsu: Shintenshin no Jutsu (Mind Transfer Technique), Shinranshin no Jutsu (Betrayal Technique). If the character decides to learn this technique , he automatically succeeds in learning it, though he may make a learn check to see if it can be done in half time. This only applies to techniques the character is able to learn.
plokoon9619
Genin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good ideas
kp91
PM Frankto for a Special Title

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really like the instant hijutsu idea. No other clans receive their jutsu for free, the most they get is a +X bonus to learn checks. Other than that, I like it.
Rayne
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he means they automatically learn it; he's just providing a mechanical basis for allowing the character to know of and learn the Hijutsu.

It's a way of putting down in the rules what is essentially the GM saying, "Oh, you're from the Akimichi clan? Then you can try to learn Baika no Jutsu if you want to."

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw the bit about automatically learning the techniques. That does seem very strong; I'd suggest lowering it to a bonus ot learn checks for clan Hijutsu.
Athildur

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Automatically learning the jutsu is because of a simple flavor-like reason:

You've got an entire clan that's basically helping you to learn that technique. The prereq. is, of course, that you could normally learn it. And you still lose the time (which, if you try and learn it at an early level, is a lot of time).

But I can see how that is rather powerful. As a GM, you can just omit that Razz.
Idioteva
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unless I'm mistaken, the Inuzuka Ryu techniques in the main file allow you to use a wolf as well as a dog.

It does but the dramatic marking is only for small to medium which a wolf will soon grow out of as it starts at medium. I'm planning on changin that from basically peeing on your opponent to doing a huge growl that covers them in saliva. All I have to say to this is well, be inventive and have a bit of imagineation. Thats what roleplaying is all about right? My animal companion is a wolf and i'm not an Inuzuka, I'm a Ookamizuka from the hidden waterfall village. Basically our family deals with wolves rather than dogs. There doesnt nessesaily need to be only 1 clan out there. Also if you wanted a bird companion, you would have to be a bit inventive with your techniques I guess seems as i dont think there are any for them. I dont know any family techniques yet because i'm still desideing weather to use whats there or add a slight twist (is talking with her gm).

As for dogs having advantages over wolves, it depends how you take it. Yes they can fit into smaller places, are easier to handle and should be less intimidating but in my eyes being a wolf owner, I feel it adds to my character. People look at me wierdly because this huge wolf is the cutest little thing she has ever seen. When I first started, I had to try and drag my wolf from the urge to kill a heard of sheep. And I find it fun that while my team sleeps in nice cozy beds in inns, I always sleep in the barn with my wolf (not allowed in rooms).

Being perfect isnt what makes your character. You need things that make you, you. It all depends on how you want to play the game I guess.

Edit: My only real request is that how you level up animal companions stats is made a bit clearer in the file because my GM seems to know how to do it but I have no clue.
Arashimaru
Genin

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job on all three clans, but I am inclined to agree that auto-success is a bit much. How you worded their automatic access to the hijutsu was very well put, but I'd give a +1 or +2 to perform the jutsu associated with their respective clans, and the ability to learn the jutsu in 1/2 the normal amount of time. That seems to be the standard way of doing it. Granted most of the clans listed in the main file have inherited traits instead of Hijutsu. For instance the Aburame clan pretty much gets everything freebie, so it may be a good method of offsetting the imbalance...
Shun
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what you propose only makes it inbalanced, clan or not we only allow you to learn it as it would normally function. If you want pluses in it take the time to master it or take a feat.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sengoku System
Me: the hizoku attacks you with his yari, your actions?

Max: I evade with a 13 and counter attack with a 1,000... *pause for silence*
Athildur

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So giving a perform bonus and halving the learn time is less powerful than simply saying: Spend the time, but you don't have to roll?

Interesting, because it really isn't.

And yes, a learn bonus may be more appropriate. But considering the number of clan hijutsu, which are very few, I don't think it will really unbalance the game.
Besides, while automatically learning a technique (that is to say, automatically succeed at learn checks for those techniques) makes you incapable of failing the learn check, omitting the check also removes the chance of time reductions from lucky rolls.

I still stand by what I wrote. Considering that most of them get an ECL adjustment for not overly powerful abilities, it's not that big of a deal. Though, in retrospect, the Nara clan is a bit powerful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: