Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Mimicry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tfuture
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Mimicry Reply with quote

ok, im sure this has been brought up before......but.....why is the requirement for Mimicry Heroic level 6? sasuke barely awakens the thing and he can pretty much use it...in my personal opinion (obviousy no expert) he is not the equivalent of ECL 8.... unless heroic level somehow translates into ECL and therefore you only have to be lvl 4..just wondering? coz it seems kinda odd to me
Naruto d20 Store
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess:

Sasuke started the series (His Genin examination) at Level 2, without sharingan, but able to perform Goukakyuu (With Genius Nin).

When Sasuke and Naruto fought Zabuza for the first time, Sasuke Achieved level 3, and was able to awaken Sharingan when they met for the second time.

After this fight and before the Chuunin examination, he achieved level 5 or 6 (More than enough to use the techniques he used in the forest, but without his Taijutsu Master levels).

After copying Lee's moves with sharingan and training with Kakashi, he might have achieved his last two levels (Taijutsu Master).

If we consider Sasuke at level 6 when he first copied something (Against Lee, i guess), then the rules are well acurrate. However, only Frankto can tell you for sure.
Tfuture
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what your saying....however.... he would have a +2 LA...so then at the same time everyone else should be the equivalent of level 8 or if u think he starts at lvl 2 (ECL4) then level 7... which would also mean that vs naruto when he awaken ichryuu... he is ECL 11...which is almost jounin equivalent level..it just seems odd.... i think that mayeb there shouldnt be a level requirement fro buying the feat mimicry...but keep koro wana's mind snare a rank 6 ability
hastur
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As frankto said many times: Manga =/= Naruto D20. For example under the rules Sasuke wouldn't be able to copy lees techniques. Some things must be cut down because of balance issues.
One in - turn an enemy's hate.
------------------------------------------------
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you should remember that Sasuke is supposed to be a Genius. He is stronger than most shinobi of similar rank. By the way, most of the characters of the anime are a little bit stronger than "common" ninja of the same Rank.

The levels shown on ND20 as requeriments for being Chuunin, Jounin, etc are the minimum levels to achieve such ranks. There are lots of strong Genins around the world that could not pass on Chuunin exams (Power is not the only thing required from a Chuunin, and so on).

If you make Chuunin and Jounin examinations as hard as they are supposed to be in naruto world, then you should not worry about levels. But if you just give those ranks to people who choose the feats, you may have some problem with that.

Edit:
And remember, a character with +3 LA such as Sasuke, would become Jounin only at level 12(Ecl15).
Tfuture
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: true Reply with quote

`ok ur right...but i still beleive that either a) shouldnt have to spend the feat on mimicry n should be part of the +2 LA b)take away the level requirement for mimicry but keep koro wana at rank 6...that way he cna use it but wont be 100% competent till level 5/6

and will sum1 plz answer my damn ichryuu sharingan question in the begginners lodge??!
Naruto d20 Store
Keldon_Draconian
Grandmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess i agree with you, to some extent... But i don't really know, maybe it was done that way for some balancing issue, and only Frankto can clarify it for us.
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tfuture, if that's how you feel....

JUST MAKE IT A D@%& HOUSE RULE.

Not everything has to be handed to you from Frankto. If you can't make your own tests and decisions to do something, find a different system.
Tfuture
Special Jounin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: u misunderstand Reply with quote

i understand that...and thats already been dealt with, i speaking in general... and i belive that it should be changed in general
Archangel
Super Pervert
Super Pervert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasuke uses the mimicry ability once, in both the manga and the anime, and that's during the written test of the chuunin exam. He claims via inner monologue that he'll use his Sharingan to copy the movements of the guy in front of him. He never copies techniques with it, so he doesn't need to feat Technique Mimicry, or whatever it's called. You could just say that the fact that his Sharingan gives an insight bonus to defense also means he gets insight in other areas. After all, his insight to defense is based on better perception.

-Jiraiya
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: